D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

T

train

(I'd a thunk someone was carrying a torch - but I know I haven't been... - Someone could take one off a wall sconce, if any...)

(Bringin' the pain...)

"Die you sons of motherless bugbears!!!"

(The two dwarves, with arrows over is fine by me...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that would work if the dwarves were in front.

I thought your light source was someone carrying a lantern, but apparently I didn't write it down... Wilhelm? Patrick? Bertrem?

T

train

Did a search through the thread... Patrick was lighting and carrying a lantern... nothing found for torches specifically...

(I wish I'd a known that sooner... - oh well...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You can change your actions if you want, you would have known had this been a straight-through sessions instead of all the starts and stops :)

T

train

(I just won't waste the oil - there's not time to light it, etc. - all other actions would be the same, so still setting up the dwarves front/ranged back attack set and seeing if we can bring hell down on these critters...)

T

train

I am... and I thought Rondo was throwing daggers, unless we have another bowman...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo hasn't thrown one dagger EVER...lol

He will, however, fire his bow from the front rank if possible before using the axe for melee when the HG's close for battle...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
They're already too close. That was their last action in the last round, running up and catching up to the party.

Si'Nat and Cugel let loose and Cugel hits one for a scratch, it looks like.

Patrick used a Sleep spell and the hobgoblins in the hallway topple over, all six of them.

T

train

Yeah - I looked back for a dagger throwing event, and didn't see one... but I could have sworn someone did...

Si'Nat
"thanks Patty..."

Begins slitting throats... then will prepare to go back after the "king" and his two guards...

"So how do we want to take care of the other 3?"

T

train

(Will leave the pouches for now and move towards the door to the big room...)

T

train

(Will ready the bow - open the door quickly and take a shot at one of them across the room...)

Si'Nat
"Anybody hungry - I'm serving arrows..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Round 1 - Party has initiative

Si'Nat opens the door and fires an arrow and hits the hobgoblin to the left of the throne (if you're facing it) with a rather solid <thunk> in his upper chest. He's still standing though.

The one on the throne says something and the three advance towards the door, the one on the throne slightly holding back to have the other two in front, until they're 10' feet away.

Round 2 - Hobgoblins get initiative.

The two hobgoblins advance the final feet and attack Si'Nat in the doorway, with one missing and one hitting his armor but not causing any damage. The last one hovers behind a little, but can easily reach the other door if it opens.