D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You take the turn to travel the 300' to get to the clearing. It's pleasant and flowery and tall grasses wave in the faintest breeze. It's a pretty wide and long one and the SW side is right at the base of an elevation. From where you're standing, you think you can make out a trail on the NW side heading SW, up the elevation.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Without giving away too much, can you give us an idea of what we else we can see on the map? We obviously won't see details, but maybe a topography of the hill would help us out, I'm not quite sure where the "hill" is...

Thanks.

T

train

I guess I know what you mean - we can see the hill, but not shown on map...

kind of like showing what is in sight on the map...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The Hill is roughly all to the west, southwest, and south of you right now, from the clearing you're in. Basically everything west of the river. I'm trying to convey when you are rising when I say "you've risen 80' in elevation" in my descriptions when you cross that mark. I've also denoted the elevation marks when you've crossed them on the map when the black lines, but I can change it to another color to make it more clear if that would help.

The Hill is covered with the trees and underbrush so it's hard to make out exactly where it rises unless you're right on top of it or at a higher elevation looking down (and I will tell you when you come to those points).

T

train

I saw the elevation marks, and figured that was what they were...

I'm good....

"I say we take that trail over there... c'mon guys..."

(Points to the NW side, trail going SW, and heads that way...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As you start crossing the clearing, you go about 100' before you become aware of a low-pitched buzzing. Before you can register the sound, a 1' Bee comes zooming at Rondo but misses!

Round 2 - Bee(s) have initiative.

Two more bees join the fray, making a total of three. The same one attacks Rondo and misses, the second attacks Si'Nat and misses, the third attacks Cugel and stings him! The bee dies but Cugel successfully saves vs Poison to live! He does take some damage though. You also see more bees coming your way and will get here next round.

T

train

(Well... we can't outrun them, so I take my shots...)

"Jeez!... Moving targets!... Let's see how well they fly with an arrow in them!"

T

train

(I'm going to change action to casting sleep... should take care of them...)

B

BigBlue

Patrick

I'll throw daggers unless there's a great risk to hit my comrades, in which case I'll cast sleep.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick throws a dagger and hits and kills the one attacking Si'Nat.

Si'Nat casts his Sleep spell and takes care of the one attacking Rondo and the 5 that were approaching.

B

BigBlue

Patrick

(Helps finish off the sleeping ones.)

Whew... that was close. Everyone ok?

Is there any way for us to extract their poison? It could be useful...

T

train

Si'Nat

"Onward then, or the other way?.. I don't know if they were searching for food, or just flying around in general... What do you guys think..."