CPA Set - Finalize cards

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Rock Fall
Color: R
Cost: 1RR
Type: Instant
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Mountaincast 1: You may remove 1 Mountain card from your hand from the game rather than pay this spell's mana cost)
Rock Fall deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: C
Artist:
Number: 116/186

Card Name: Scalding Steam
Cost: RR
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: <THIS> deals 3 damage to target creature or player. If an opponent contols an Island, <THIS> deals 5 damage to that creature or player instead.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: U
Artist:
Number: 117/186

Card Name: Scorching Harpy
Cost: 2RR
Type: Creature - Harpy
Pow/Tgh: 3/2
Rules Text: Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying.)
When Scorching Harpy is put into a graveyard from play, it deals 1 damage to each creature without flying.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 118/186

Only change I see is Rock Fall should be umcommon.

L

Limited

Scalding Steam is a lot like Parch.. personally, I'm not really impressed.

And the harpy is perhaps a bit too good; Red doesn't really have a lot of efficient flyers. How about making it 3/2?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Scalding Steam was part of a cycle I designed that had the "Anti-Blue" theme to it. There's one in all colors (minus blue).

I agree with the Harpy. Red needs more attack in it. I'd even suggest it to be a 3/1.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I would change the harpy to a 3/2.
Can the steam be tweaked to some thin better without losing the anti-blue part?
how about:
Deals 2 to target creature or player, if that player (or creatures contoller) controls an Island this deals 4 damage instead.
Or something like that.....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I see nothing wrong with making that upgrade. The spell DOES cost RR. It'd go from an "eh" card to an AMAZING sideboard/possible-main-deck card.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
<THIS> deals 3 oamage to target creature or player. If that player or contoller contols an island, <THIS> deals 4 damage instead.

is this better?

L

Limited

Now the 'island' part hardly matter.. How about making it a sorcery for 1GG that deals three damage, and five if an opponent controls an island?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sorcery
1RR
<THIS> deals 3 damage to target creature or player, if opponent contols an Island, <THIS> deals 5 damage instead.

Like this?

L

Limited

Sorcery
1RR
<THIS> deals 3 damage to target creature or player. If an opponent contols an Island, <THIS> deals 5 damage to that creature or player instead.

Is this better?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
Sorcery
1RR
<THIS> deals 3 damage to target creature or player. If an opponent contols an Island, <THIS> deals 5 damage to that creature or player instead.

Is this better?

Much....

So Harpy goes to 3/2 - Uncoommon?
Steam is fixed (above) - uncommon?
Rock Fall - Uncommon?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Stray Giant
Cost: 1RRR
Type: Creature - Giant
Pow/Tgh: 4/4
Rules Text: Trample (If all the creatures blocking this creature receive lethal damage, remaining damage can be assigned to the defending player.)
If an opponent gains control of another creature you control, that player also gains control of this Stray Giant.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: R
Artist:
Number: 119/186

Card Name: Vid-fnir's Canticle
Color: W
Cost: W
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Choose One: Target creature’s toughness becomes halved (rounded up), or Target creature’s power becomes halved (rounded down).
Entwine—2 (Choose both if you pay the entwine cost.)
Flavor Text:
Rarity: C
Artist:
Number: 120/186

Card Name: The Youngling Game
Cost: 2R
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: All creatures you control get +2/-1 until end of turn.
Draw a card.
Flavor Text: "Last one to the bottom wins!" Norx shouted... then died.
Artist:
Number: 121/186

Stray giant's drawback seems very narrow, is it really enough to justify a 5/5 trampler for 5cc? R

Switchblade - CC? Color? This may not be a red card...... U

Youngling - I got no idea.... is this good, bad, indifferent? C

Add rarities for each please.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I like The Youngling Game. I'd put it as an uncommon, since it drastically affects combat at instant speed and replaces itself. Uncommon definitely, maybe even rare.

I was going to suggest Switchblade be white, even.

I'm thinking the same with Stray Giant. Not so much the 5/5 cc, but the type of mana spent on it. I'd go as far as to say 2RRR.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

The Youngling Game seems fair at uncommon.. (but I might be mistaken :D)

Switchblade .. the name seems a bit weird. Switchblade is an object; names of instants are usually verbs. And what does a Switchblade have to do with affecting power or toughness? I do agree that it feels like a white ability..
How about Impair? Denunciate? Derogate? Berate? Deride?

Maybe the Stray Giant should be a 3/3 Trample for 2RR.. this way, he is not such a house when on his own (when his drawback is irrelevant).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Switchblade is a white card and it needs a name change......
Cleave, Slice, Depress, Dampen, Restrict, Subdue.....

How about the giant as a 4/4 for 1RRR... kind of in the middle between you two.

L

Limited

I like the giant at 1RRR (and 4/4 trample).

I think words like Dampen, Restrict and Subdue have a blueish feel to them, and stuff like Cleave & Slice seems more red..
Maybe something like yada yada chant? Blah blah verse?