CPA Set - Finalize cards

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Reach into the Void
Color: Z
Cost: 1UB
Type: Sorcery
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Return target card that has been removed from the game to owner's hand and return target opponent's card that has been removed from the game to owner's hand.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: C
Artist:
Number: 158/186

Card Name: Deathgaze Spider
Cost: 2BG
Type: Creature - Vampire Spider
Pow/Tgh: 2/4
Rules Text: Segnir Spider may block as though it had flying.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Segnir Spider this turn is put into the graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Segnir Spider.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: U
Artist:
Number: 159/186

Card Name: Sienna Behemoth
Cost: URG
Type: Creature - Behemoth
Pow/Tgh: 4/4
Rules Text:
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 160/186

Reach into the Void - remove "Gain 1 life for each W spent casting Reach into the Void."

Sengir Spider - change name to Deathgaze Spider, uncommon

L

Limited

Reach into the Void has one ruling issue: if a card is removed from the game face down, you can't tell if it's a legal target for this ability. So perhaps the card should target 'a face up card an opponent owns that is removed from the game' or something.

And if it has the "For each W spent", it's mana cost should contain at least two colorless mana.

(ah, I knew i didn't think of the 'face up' think until I saw it on a new card: Pull from Eternity)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
Reach into the Void has one ruling issue: if a card is removed from the game face down, you can't tell if it's a legal target for this ability. So perhaps the card should target 'a face up card an opponent owns that is removed from the game' or something.
How could any card in the RFG zone not be a legal target for this? Maybe, I'm missing something, but any card RFG is a legal target for this.

Limited said:
And if it has the "For each W spent", it's mana cost should contain at least two colorless mana.
Since We disagree on this point, I want to remove this ability from the card.

L

Limited

Reach into the Void said:
...return target opponent's card that has been removed from the game to owner's hand
If a card is removed from the game face-down, neither player is allowed to examine it.. but you probably still keep track of who owns it though. I'm not sure (and I can't find any relevant ruling).

At the very least, its confusing it you don't know what you are targetting.

Mooseman said:
Since we disagree on this point, I want to remove this ability from the card.
Deal.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
If a card is removed from the game face-down, neither player is allowed to examine it.. but you probably still keep track of who owns it though. I'm not sure (and I can't find any relevant ruling).
At the very least, its confusing it you don't know what you are targetting.
Only cards that are specifically removed from game face down maybe unknown to the caster. Any card the is just RFG is turned face up, Astral Slide will do this as will all of our landcasting. Thus if you want to target an unkown card you can. I don;t see a lot of confusion here.

L

Limited

I don't like the fact that you can target an unknown card, but you can probably still know who the owner is.. so you won't accidentely target one of your own cards (which would be an illegal target)

So lets leave as is (especially since there aren't a lot of cards that remove cards from the game face down, as you mentioned)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Switch Craft
Cost: 3UB
Type: Enchantment
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Creatures P/T are switched.
When <this> CIP, switch all each players graveyard with cards they own that are RFG.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: R
Artist:
Number: 161/186

Card Name: Switch Death
Cost: 1UB
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Return target creature card from any graveyard to play under your control. Switch the creature's power and toughness.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 162/186

Card Name: Reverting Wave
Cost: X2GW
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Remove X counters from each permanent.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 163/186

Card Name: Off Switch
Cost: X1GW
Type: Instant
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Remove X counters from target permanent.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 164/186

Switch Craft could be made better.....
Enchantment 3UB
CIP - switch all GY's with RFG cards
Creatures P/T are switched.
Something like that.
Ideas?

Switch Death should be uncommon.

Switch off I and II are both good cards.
Switch Off I needs a new name and Switch Off II is an uncommon.

L

Limited

Moose said:
Switch Craft could be made better.....
Enchantment 3UB
CIP - switch all GY's with RFG cards
Creatures P/T are switched.
Something like that.
I like the new enchantment! A keeper :D (but a rare, right?)

Switch Death should indeed be uncommon.

Switch Off 1 & 2 are both good cards, but need names are needed. They don't even actually switch anything (which was the running gag right?)

How Strip Experience? Or Atone?

Revert? The big one could be Reverting Wave?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I don't think we need BOTH versions of Switch Off in the set. Save one of them for a later set.

I think that the single removal is the best to keep.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
I like the new enchantment! A keeper :D (but a rare, right?)
Rare is good...
Limited said:
Switch Off 1 & 2 are both good cards, but need names are needed. They don't even actually switch anything (which was the running gag right?)

How Strip Experience? Or Atone?

Revert? The big one could be Reverting Wave?
I like Reverting Wave for switch off I.

The single removal one is a very good card, since it doesn't affect your permenants and it's an instant.

I would like to keep both, change Switch off II to be named "Off Switch".
But if one is to be axed, it should be Switch off II

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Just look through these and see if there are any changes you think we need.

Mythosx: gleaming cube the triple X activation to draw cards seems to be undercosted. a permenant allows card draw usually activates at 4 mana per card. treasure trove is actually 2blue and 2.
mooseman's response: True. But it's the only enchantment that lets you pay only mana to draw a card, so is it really undercosted?
Look at Barganing Table or Well of Knowledge, not the same but close.
Maybe the draw cards part should have a TAP cost.

Card Name: Switch Places
Cost: 2WU
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Switch control of target attacking creature with one creature blocking target creature. Creatures deal damage equal to their power to the other. Return creatures switched by Switch Places to their owners hands at end of turn.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 165/186

Card Name: Switch Resources
Cost: 2GU
Type: Enchantment
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: 1UU: Shuffle target creature into its owner’s library. That creature's controller draws 2 cards.
1G, Shuffle target non-token creature you control into owner’s library.: Search your library and graveyard for a basic land and put it into play. Then shuffle your library.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 166/186

Card Name: Switchback
Cost: 3GU
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Search your library for a creature card and put it into play tapped. Then put two creatures you control on top of their owners library.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 167/186

Card Name: Thoughtcontroller
Cost: 2UB
Type: Creature - Wizard
Pow/Tgh: 5/3
Rules Text: Whenever you would draw a card, instead an opponent searches your library for a card and puts that card in your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Whenever Thoughtcontroller deals combat damage to a player, that player discards cards equal to the amount of damage that was dealt.

Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 168/186

Card Name: Timmy Turner (Scent of Vanilla)
Cost: 4URG
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Return all creatures to their owner’s hand. Then, put X 1/1 green/white Timmy Turner creature tokens into play under your control, where X is equal to the number of creatures returned to their owner’s hand
Change to: Divide those creatures evenly among all players, remove the extra creatures from the game.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 169/186

Card Name: Brain Strap
Color: X
Cost: 4
Type: Artifact
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: At the end of each players discard phase, that player discards cards or draws cards until he/she has 2 cards in his or her hands.
Change to: Maximum hand size is 2. At the beginning of the clean up step of each players turn, that player draws cards until they reach the maximum hand size.,
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 170/186

Card Name: Brainsaw
Cost: 3
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Brainsaw deals 1 damage to him or her for each card in hand less than four.
If that player has no cards in hand, that player draws a card and Brainsaw deals 1 damage to him or her.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 171/186

Card Name: Cost Increaser
Cost: 3
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: All spells cost 1 more to play.
Change to: All colorless mana costs are increased by 1. (this would effect abilities too.)
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 172/186

Card Name: Elemental Signet
Cost: 2
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: T: Add 1 colorless mana to your mana pool.
1: Add 1 mana of any color lands you control do not produce to your mana pool.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 173/186

Card Name: Fusebreaker
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Whenever a player taps a nonland permanent for mana, destroy that permanent. It cannot be regenerated.
T: Add 3 to your mana pool.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 174/186

Card Name: Gleaming Cube
Cost: 5
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: X : Look at the top X cards of your library
XX: Look at the top X cards of your library rearrange them in any order
XXX: Draw X cards
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 175/186

Card Name: Switch Plate
Cost: 1
Type: Artifact - Equipment
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Equip 1(1: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery. This card comes into play unattached and stays in play if the creature leaves play.)
Switch equipped creature's power and toughness.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 176/186

Card Name: Well of Urd
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Opponents play with the hands revealed.
U: Look at the top card of target library
B,T: The next time target permanent would be removed from the game this turn, put it in it's owners graveyard instead.
W,T: The next time target permanent would be put into a graveyard this turn, remove it from the game instead.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 177/186

Card Name: Asgard (Name change to Valhall)
Color:
Cost:
Type: Land
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Whenever a non-token creature is put into your graveyard during a combat phase, put a counter on <THIS>.
T: Add R to your manapool for each counter on <THIS>. This mana can only be used to play Warriors or Berserkers.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 178/186

Card Name: Bifrost v1
Color:
Cost:
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Land Echo (When Bifrost v1 comes into play, return target land you control to your hand or sacrifice Bifrost v1. At the beginning of your next upkeep, return target land you control to your hand or sacrifice Bifrost v1)
Bifrost v1 comes into play tapped.
While Bifrost v1 is in play, you cannot play land cards
T: Add X mana of any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of basic lands you control.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 179/186

Card Name: Bifrost v2
Color:
Cost:
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Bifrost v2 comes into play tapped.
Sacrifice all lands that come into play under your control.
T, return an untapped Basic land you control to its owner's hand: Add X mana of any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of basic lands you control.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 180/186

Card Name: Bifrost v3 (My personal favorite)
Color:
Cost:
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Whenever Bifrost or another land comes into play under your control, sacrifice a land.
T, return an untapped Basic land you control to its owner's hand: Add X mana of any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of basic lands you control.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 181/186

Card Name: CPA B, R, and G Triple Land (Name: Aesir Marsh Glade)
Color:
Cost:
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Double Tap (CPA B, R, and G Triple Land comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase)
T: Add B, R, or G to your mana pool
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 182/186

Card Name: Ginnungagap
Color:
Cost:
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: T: Add 1 to your mana pool
T: Add one mana of any color a land that has been removed from the game could produce.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 183/186

Card Name: Land of Dreams
Color:
Cost:
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Land of Dreams does not untap during your next untap phase.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 184/186

Card Name: The Whispering Wood
Color:
Cost:
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: The Whispering Wood comes into play tapped.
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
1,T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
2,T: The Whispering Wood deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
3,T: Add two mana of any one color to your mana pool.
4,T: The Whispering Wood deals 1 damage to each creature without flying and each player.
Flavor Text: "The magic around the enchanted forest was overpowering and unpredictable!" - Gull the WoodCutter
Artist:
Number: 185/186

Card Name: WUBR CPA Land (name: Barren Highlands)
Color:
Cost:
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Double Tap (WUBR CPA Land comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase)
T: Add W and U, B, or R to your mana pool
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 186/186