CPA Set - Finalize cards

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Unrhystic Lightning Needs name
Color: R
Cost: R
Type: Instant
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Change the target of target activated ability, unless it's controller pays 2. If he/she does, deal 4 damage to target creature or player instead.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: C
Artist:
Number: 122/186

Card Name: Wandering Giant
Color: R
Cost: 3R
Type: Creature - Giant
Pow/Tgh: 3/3
Rules Text: First Strike (This creature deals damage before creatures without First Strike.)
Sacrifice Wandering Giant if you don't control a Plains.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: U
Artist:
Number: 124/186

Card Name: Alfr of the Lost Tree
Color: G
Cost: G
Type: Creature - Elf
Pow/Tgh: 1/1
Rules Text: T: Remove a card in your hand from the game: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 125/186

Unrhystic Lightning - name needs changed...... Lightning Vortex or Thunder Storm or Howling Wind.... I don't know

L

Limited

I actually don't like the Unrhystic Lightning at all.. its targets change dependent on the opponents choice.. . feels kinda random..

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Can we fix it?
"Change the target of target activated ability, unless it's controller pays 2. If he/she does, deal 4 damage to activated ability's controller instead."

Kind of like, let the target of your ability change or take 4 damage........

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
We don't necessarily need to fix it. You merely need to announce two targets for the spell.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I don't really care about this one, so you two duke it out, but please change the name......
How about the other ones? Rarities?

Both could be common or maybe the giant is uncommon.

L

Limited

Lets leave the Unrhystic Shizzle for now..

I agree that the Giant is uncommon and the other two are common.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Agoraphobic Ursine
Cost: 2G
Type: Creature - Bear
Pow/Tgh: 2/3
Rules Text: If you control less than four lands, Bear Necessities gains "T: Add GG to your manapool".
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 126/186

Card Name: Capricious Wurm
Cost: 1GG
Type: Creature - Wurm
Pow/Tgh: 4/4
Rules Text: Trample (If all the creatures blocking this creature receive lethal damage, remaining damage can be assigned to the defending player.)
When Capricious Wurm comes into play, put two creatures you control on top of your library.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 127/186

Card Name: Serf Gardener
Cost: 3GG
Type: Creature - Human
Pow/Tgh: 3/2
Rules Text: At the beginning of your upkeep, return target basic landcard from your graveyard to your hand.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: R
Artist:
Number: 128/186

Bear Necessities needs a new name, a noun. Mother Bear, or Hibernating Bear... I am not on today.

L

Limited

If it's turned into a rare, i think it can go back down to putting one creature on top of your library: thats still a big drawback.

Bear Necessities & Constant Gardner both need new names...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Then it's an uncommon as it sits? Ok by me.

Landed Baron? Serf Gardner? Lumberjack? Garden Gnome?

Agrophobic Ursine?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
I like Serf Gardner. The Ursine name is good, too, but what does Agrophobic mean?
I have no idea... i made it up...... maybe we should use Agoraphobic - Fear of open spaces..... so when you get out more land it's ability doesn't work anymore.

My creative juices ain't running today.

L

Limited

Garden Gnome! :D

But I like Agoraphobic Ursine & Serf Gardner..

We could leave the wurm as is, but I thought of a problem: if you cast him, and control no other creatures, you wont have to put any creatures on top of your library. We could add the "or sacrifice" but as you've seen with the other Capricious ones I am really trying to avoid that.
I still think it wouldn't be too good (but I admit I could be wrong) that the card should be okay as:

Pow/Tgh: 4/4
Rules Text: Trample (If all the creatures blocking this creature receive lethal damage, remaining damage can be assigned to the defending player.)
When Capricious Wurm comes into play, put a creature you control on top of your library.
Flavor Text:
Artist:

but perhaps, as a compromise, you could consider:

Pow/Tgh: 3/4
When Capricious Wurm comes into play, put a creature you control on top of your library.
Flavor Text:
Artist:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Dire Wolf
Cost: 3G
Type: Creature - Berserker Wolf
Rules Text: Forestcast 2(You may remove 2 Forest card from your hand from the game rather than pay this spell's mana cost)
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 129/186

Card Name: Elves of Alfar
Cost: 1G
Type: Creature - Elves
Pow/Tgh: 1/1
Rules Text: T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: R
Artist:
Number: 130/186

Card Name: Till the Soil
Cost: GG
Type: Sorcery
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Search your library for a basic land and put it into play tapped. If it is a forest, you may untap it. Then, shuffle your library.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 131/186

Card Name: War Horse
Cost: 4G
Type: Creature - Beast
Rules Text: WR: War Horse gains double-strike until EOT.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 132/186

Dire wolf is a rare at landcast 1

Elves of freakin Paradise - "World Tree" and change to treefolk or Alfar of Dokkalfar or Lord of Álfheimr or Elves of Alfar

Grabaland - Spring Planting or Till the Soil

Green Double Striker - Fanged Boa or War Horse

L

Limited

I thought Dire Wolf was an uncommon with Forestcast 2? Didn't we have a Giant Growth like effect for the common green Forestcast?

Elves of Alfar seems good

I prefer Till the Soil

War Horse! I like it cause the 'war' part hints to the Boros legion (well, that probably just me) and really fits the WR activation cost.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
I thought Dire Wolf was an uncommon with Forestcast 2? Didn't we have a Giant Growth like effect for the common green Forestcast?
I don't think so. We did have a Dire Wolf that was black and got deleted.
There is a another forestcast card that is like giant growth. Should this Dire wolf be forestcast 2 and uncommon?

L

Limited

yeah.. comparing it to Vine Dryad means that a 3/3 should not have Forestcast 1..