CPA Set - Finalize cards

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Return target opponent's card from the removed from the game zone to it's owners hand.

Target opponent must own the card that is RFG, thus "opponent's", it's the possesive form.

I think I'm missing the point you two are making. Where do we need to refer to the owner of the card that we haven't in the above sentence?

L

Limited

Maybe I am templating it too much after the Wishes and Research (of research and development) which explicitly mention 'that you own'..

seems more like maginese I guess.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The ownership is implict, since the card had to be removed from the game, unlike wish, that talks about cards outside the game.
Remember "outside the game" and RFG are very different.
RFG is a subset of "outside the game" that is only present during a game.

"Return target opponent's card from the removed from the game zone to their hand."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I don't like the term "the removed from game zone". Except for the "Un-" sets, I can't recall any magic card referring to that. It's always been "that has been removed from the game" or the like. No reference to the RFG zone.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Very good trashman..... I was going with Limited's wording on that part......

How about:

"Return target opponent's card, that has been removed from the game, to their hand."

Closer?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That's VERY CLOSE. But I think there's a way to word it without having to resort to commas. But so far, that's the best wording.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BTW - There is a file in the cpa_odd_one_out email account that has the complete, (at least I think it is), list of all cards submitted and the cards from the Cut the Confusion thread.
I have updated the one we have finalized. I'll keep posting new versions as we finalize cards. They have a date on them to tell which is most current.

Let's go with that version ffor Echo from the void, until a better one shows up.

Card Name: Echo from the Void
Color: R
Cost: 2R
Type: Sorcery
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Return target opponent's card, that has been removed from the game, to their hand. Echo from the Void deals damage to target creature or player equal to the returned cards converted mana cost.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: C
Artist:
Number: 102/186

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I still have the MTG Editor. If no one else is using that, can you send me your excel file so I can update mine?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
I still have the MTG Editor. If no one else is using that, can you send me your excel file so I can update mine?

Ransac, cpa trash man
Check in the Yahoo account you created it's there.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Charging Mugroth
Cost: 4RR
Type: Creature - Mugroth
Pow/Tgh: 4/3
Rules Text: When Charging Mugroth comes into play, destroy target land.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if any opponent has 5 or more land cards in his or her graveyard, you may sacrifice Charging Mugroth. If you do, you may search your library and hand for a card named Gigantical Mugroth and put it into play. If you do, shuffle your library.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: U
Artist:
Number: 101/186

Card Name: Gigantical Mugroth
Cost: 6RR
Pow/Tgh: 6/5
Rules Text: Trample (If all the creatures blocking this creature receive lethal damage, remaining damage can be assigned to the defending player.)
Whenever Gigantical Mugroth deals damage to an opponent, that opponent must sacrifice a land.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: R
Artist:
Number: 106/186

Card Name: Volatile Mugroth
Cost: 2RR
Pow/Tgh:2/1
Rules Text: Sacrifice Volatile Mugroth: Destroy target land.
Whenever a land is put into any graveyard, you may sacrifice Volatile Mugroth. If you do, search you library and hand for a card named Charging Mugroth and put it into play. If you do, shuffle your library.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 123/186

Volatile Mugroth = Common
Charging Mugroth = Uncommon
Gigantical Mugroth = Rare

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Why does a red creature feature trample?
I don't think it has to be combat damage, but that may keep it from getting out of hand.

L

Limited

maybe if we cut the trample, it could just damage instead of combat damage.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, then any direct damage enchantment on it will make it a terror to deal with..... OK by me.
Actually, the trample can stay and we'll play test it.
Okay?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Explosive Goblin
Cost: 1R
Type: Creature - Goblin
Pow/Tgh: 1/1
Rules Text: R, Sacrifice Explosive Goblin: Deal damage equal to Explosive Goblin's power to target creature or player.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 103/186

Card Name: Final Charge
Cost: 1RR
Type: Sorcery
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Untap all creatures you control. You get a second attack phase this turn.
After the second attack phase, sacrifice all creatures you control. Your turn ends.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 104/186

Card Name: Fire Maiden of Norm
Cost: 1R
Type: Creature - Fire Maiden
Pow/Tgh: 2/1
Rules Text: When Fire Maiden of Norm comes into play, put two cards from your hand on top of your library or sacrifice <This>
T, Put a target creature you control on top of owners library: Fire Maiden of Norm deals damage to target creature equal to target creatures power.
T, Put land you control on top of owners library: Destroy target land that is also a creature.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 105/186

Explosive Goblin:
R, Sacrifice Explosive Goblin: Deal damage equal to Explosive Goblin's power to target creature or player.

Final Charge should be a Rare.

Fire Maiden of Norm:
Needs the " or sacrifice <THIS>" added to the CIP effect. and it's at least an uncommon.