CPA Set - Finalize cards

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
I never made a black and a white one did I?

Capricious Horror 1BB
Creature - Horror
Fear
When ~ comes into play, an opponent (puts/may put) a card from your graveyard on top of your library
2/2

Capricious Paladin 1WW
Vigilance
????
2/3

I'm stumped on the white one :(
Put this in the design thread.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Battle Fatigue
Color: Z
Cost: 1WU
Type: Enchantment
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: After attackers are declared, the attacking player removes one attacking creature from combat.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: R
Artist:
Number: 149/186

Card Name: Burn to Dust
Cost: XRWU
Type: Sorcery
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Burn to Dust cannot be countered or targeted by any spells or abilities.
Burn to Dust deals X +1 damage divided any way you choose among any number of target creatures or players. Whenever a creature is sent to the graveyard in the same turn it was damaged by Burn to Dust, remove that creature from the game.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: U
Artist:
Number: 150/186

Card Name: Captain Bodvar
Cost: 2GW
Type: Legendary Creature - Human Berserker
Pow/Tgh: 3/2
Rules Text: W: Captain Bodvar gains +0/+2 for each creature blocking Captain Bodvar .
1G: Sacrifice a Bear or Wolf creature to give Captain Bodvar +X/+0, where X is the sum of the sacrificed creature’s power and toughness. Use this ability only when you could use a sorcery. Captain Bodvar gains trample.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 151/186

Battle Fatigue - Not sure what colors this should be.... but it's a rare or uncommon

Burn to Void Dust - is rare.

Captain Bodvar - maybe this should be "Legendary Creature - Human Berserker" and a rare.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Cowardly Lion
Cost: WU
Type: Creature - Lion
Pow/Tgh: 2/1
Rules Text: Retreat (If this creature is returned to your hand from play, Draw a card)
Flavor Text:
Rarity: C
Artist:
Number: 152/186

Card Name: Cowerdly Ghost
Cost: UB
Type: Creature - Ghost
Pow/Tgh: 2/2
Rules Text: Whenever Cowerdly Ghost becomes the target of a spell or ability, return it to its owner's hand and lose 1 life.
Retreat (If this creature is returned to your hand from play, Draw a card)
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 153/186

Card Name: Soul Transfer
Cost: WB
Type: Instant
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Remove target creature from the game. Gain life equal to its power.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 154/186

Cowardly lion could be Uncommon.

The Ghost is definately common

Fixed Swords to Plowshares - Name needs changed...... Vetern's Benifits, Energy Transfer, Vampiric Transfer, Vampiric Energy, Vampire feeding, Evolutionary Selection, Death By Misadventure, Shrivel, ......
And it's a Rare......

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
Card Name: Cowardly Lion
Cost: WU
Type: Creature - Lion
Pow/Tgh: 2/1
Rules Text: Retreat (If this creature is returned to your hand from play, Draw a card)
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 152/186

Card Name: Cowerdly Ghost
Cost: UB
Type: Creature - Ghost
Pow/Tgh: 2/2
Rules Text: Whenever Cowerdly Ghost becomes the target of a spell or ability, return it to its owner's hand and lose 1 life.
Retreat (If this creature is returned to your hand from play, Draw a card)
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 153/186

Card Name: Fixed Swords to Plowshares
Cost: WB
Type: Instant
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Remove target creature from the game. Gain life equal to its power.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 154/186

Cowardly lion could be Uncommon.

The Ghost is definately common

Fixed Swords to Plowshares - Name needs changed...... Vetern's Benifits, Energy Transfer, Vampiric Transfer, Vampiric Energy, Vampire feeding, Evolutionary Selection, Death By Misadventure, Shrivel, ......
And it's a Rare......
The lion could also be common.. a 2/1 for WU with a conditional ability? Doesn't seem to broken. The Ghost on the other hand, has another ability that seems to enable abuse. I'd figure him at uncommon.

I can agree on Soul Transfer, but like Death by Misadventure also! Perhaps the Death by Misadventure could be another card?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
The lion could also be common.. a 2/1 for WU with a conditional ability? Doesn't seem to broken. The Ghost on the other hand, has another ability that seems to enable abuse. I'd figure him at uncommon.

I can agree on Soul Transfer, but like Death by Misadventure also! Perhaps the Death by Misadventure could be another card?
That's cool, Lion is common and ghost is uncommon.

Soul Transfer it is...... as a Rare.

Death By Misadventure needs to have to flip a coin, no matter what else it does.

Each player flips a coin for each creature they control, if they lose the flip, the creature is RFG.

Or

Whenever a creature attacks or blocks, flip a coin, if you lose the flip that creature is RFG.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Orb of Dominance
Cost: 2UR
Type: Enchantment
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: When Orb of Dominance comes into play, gain control of target creature.
When Orb of Dominance leaves play, sacrifice all creatures you control.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 155/186

Card Name: Quaren, Master of Mutation
Cost: 2UUBB
Type: Creature - Shapeshifter Legend
Pow/Tgh: 1/1
Rules Text: UB,T: <THIS> becomes a copy of target creature or target creature card in any graveyard and gains this ability. <This> has "BU: +1/+1 and Flying ueot"
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 156/186

Card Name: Ragnarok
Cost: 3WBR
Type: Sorcery
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Destroy all lands in play. Each player loses life equal to the number of lands they control that are destroyed by Ragnarok.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 157/186

Orb is good for me.

Quaren, Master of Mutation - needs to be Legendary Creature - Shapeshifter and rare

Ragnarok- the card that inspired me to create the game changing card Limited hates.....Primal Struggle...... Yeah it was major game changer...... I am suitably chastised.....
This is a rare card and it should be a super secret rare..... :)

L

Limited

Orb needs to be uncommon.. wouldn't want a common to be able to permanently steal a creature. (especially because the drawback is negligable in a UR counterburn deck)

Quaren becomes the copy of a creature card? In your hand? In your graveyard? If its in play, why not just target a creature?
Furthermore, it has two pretty cool abilities which it loses when it copies something.. is that intended? Is it fun?

Its true I 'hate' cards that are ... extravagant. I like subtle cards with a small influence on the game that can (need) be combined to do impressive stuff. But seeing that Magic does contain extravagant cards, they will of course also be part of our set.

Just don't expect me to be enthused about them ;)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
Orb needs to be uncommon.. wouldn't want a common to be able to permanently steal a creature. (especially because the drawback is negligable in a UR counterburn deck)
Uncommon works
Limited said:
Quaren becomes the copy of a creature card? In your hand? In your graveyard? If its in play, why not just target a creature?
Furthermore, it has two pretty cool abilities which it loses when it copies something.. is that intended? Is it fun?
To make it a really good rare. it should be any creature card, in play or in any GY..... or just creature, which is not as good.
It should not lose it's other abilities when it copies another creature, so the wording needs changed on the copy ability.
UB,T: Quaren, Master of Mutation bcomes a copy of target creature card in play or in any graveyard, it gains all these abilities.
or ",it gains all Quaren, Master of Mutation's abilities."
Limited said:
Its true I 'hate' cards that are ... extravagant. I like subtle cards with a small influence on the game that can (need) be combined to do impressive stuff. But seeing that Magic does contain extravagant cards, they will of course also be part of our set.
Just don't expect me to be enthused about them ;)
I was kidding about your hate for this card..... it was too much.

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
To make it a really good rare. it should be any creature card, in play or in any GY..... or just creature, which is not as good.
It should not lose it's other abilities when it copies another creature, so the wording needs changed on the copy ability.
UB,T: Quaren, Master of Mutation bcomes a copy of target creature card in play or in any graveyard, it gains all these abilities.
or ",it gains all Quaren, Master of Mutation's abilities."
With the new wording for the copying abilities, it would be able to 'collect' abilities by copying different creatures. I am not against that (it might be really funny, letting him become the lovechild of a Prodigal Sorcerer and a Horseshoe Crab) but the 'administration' it would require would become a total hassle.

How about imprinting creature cards from graveyards on it, and giving him all the activated abilities?

"Imprint - UB,T: Remove target creature card from a graveyard from the game
Quaren, Master of Mutation has all of the imprinted cards' activated abilties."

This would restrict the copying to only cards in graveyards, but make it a lot more playable (and still fun/abusable)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Naw, imprinting is not the spirit of the card and I don't want to radically change it that much.

UB,T: Target creature card in play or graveyard, <THIS> gains abilities, creature types, colors and P/T of target creature until the next time this ability is activated.

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
Naw, imprinting is not the spirit of the card and I don't want to radically change it that much.

UB,T: Target creature card in play or graveyard, <THIS> gains abilities, creature types, colors and P/T of target creature until the next time this ability is activated.
'until the next time this ability is used' is kinda weird..

UB,T: <this> becomes a copy of target creature or target creature card in any graveyard and gains this ability.

That way, the newfound abilities aren't cumulative, but you can still change him whenever you want.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
'until the next time this ability is used' is kinda weird..

UB,T: <this> becomes a copy of target creature or target creature card in any graveyard and gains this ability.

That way, the newfound abilities aren't cumulative, but you can still change him whenever you want.
I thought of that too, but then he'll lose his other abilities. How do we copy another creature and keep all three of his abilities?

L

Limited

Good point

UB,T: <this> becomes a copy of target creature or target creature card in any graveyard and gains this ability, "BB: +1/+1 ueot" and "UU: <this> gains First Strike, Flying, Trample, or Haste until end of turn".

Not real pretty, but it'll work.

Right?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
Good point

UB,T: <this> becomes a copy of target creature or target creature card in any graveyard and gains this ability, "BB: +1/+1 ueot" and "UU: <this> gains First Strike, Flying, Trample, or Haste until end of turn".

Not real pretty, but it'll work.

Right?
Does this include the copy ability?

The "gains this ability", in other copying rules refers to the copy ability.
Maybe:
UB,T: <this> becomes a copy of target creature or target creature card in any graveyard and gains this ability and "BB: +1/+1 ueot" and "UU: <this> gains First Strike, Flying, Trample, or Haste until end of turn".

Does that work? It's very wordy.

L

Limited

It might be clearer to put A and B and C, instead A, B and C.

But it is way wordy. Does he really need both those other abilities?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BB: +1/+1 ueot" and "UU: <this> gains First Strike, Flying, Trample, or Haste until end of turn

Could this become something like:
2BU:<THIS> gains +1/+1 and First Strike, Flying, Trample, or Haste until end of turn.

Or make it part of the copy ability
UB: <this> becomes a copy of target creature or target creature card in any graveyard and gains this ability. <THIS> gets +1/+1 and gains First Strike, Flying, Trample, or Haste until end of turn.

So it get the other abilities only the turn it copies a creature. Removing the tap cost might make this abusable, should the cost go up?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Last shot at this

UB,T: <this> becomes a copy of target creature or target creature card in any graveyard and gains this ability. Put a +1/+1 on <THIS>.

or

UB,T: <THIS> becomes a copy of target creature or target creature card in any graveyard and gains this ability. <This> has "BU: +1/+1 and Flying ueot"