Coldsnap Previews

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If his mana cost were any lower, he'd be in danger of becoming the next Goblin Welder. As it is, he'll probably still be pretty good.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Zur the Enchanter

Well now........ I'm enjoying this set more and more. Zur's wierd... *buh dum, ching!*

This was the only preview card on the site today.... at least so far.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

I like it, but everyone here knows (or should) that I love enchantments, therefore any search engine for an enchantment is definately on my need to buy list.

L

Limited

I think it pretty cool.. especially because I won't lose sleep over not recovering him if I've used it to kill a creature and save one of mine.

So if I ever find I do have the mana to recover it, its just bonus!

S

sageridder

I think it might play better than that.You're figuring out combat damage with one in grave, you might get several +3+3 bumps to save some creatures from death and do a little killing yourself .It is not like green is the color of being short of mana.It is nice early but could turn the tide mid game.I might be missing some timeing rule so help me if I'm wrong.But even if I'm wrong it just screams hit him and hit him again to me.Any replayable beatstick trick, in green no less makes me think somewere Wakefield and tiny dinos are happy.

L

Limited

If you want to get multiple uses from one Resize, you need someway of losing a creature before combat damage resolves. So, either an opponent's creature has first strike or you have some way to sacrifice one of your creatures..

Seeing that it'll cost 2GG per play and recover.. i'd say you want a creature that you can sacrifice for mana. Composite Golem? Verdant Eidolon? Basal Thrull?

Hmm.. I wonder if there'll be a multicolor Recover spell to go with Verdant Eidolon :)

N

Nightstalkers

She's cute and your opponent goes "OH ****! You actually play a barbarian, berserker, warrior deck?!"

And now the good old race between the Elves, Zombies, Goblins, Soldiers, Merfold, and whatever get a nice new addition to the crowd.

One of these days, we'll be able to have a sanctioned event with people playing seperate races.

L

Limited

I'm thinking Moldervine Cloak beatdown!

:D

Seriously though, I think it can be a great way of controlling the board, by searching for Seal of Doom, Plumes of Peace or a Pillory of the Sleepless.

L

Limited

Too bad that it isn't worded seperately, so Mistform Ultimus would get +6/+6!

But still a very cute card..

O

orgg

In your dreams. Sweet Dreams, Nightstalkers.

As for Coldeyes, she's NICE. That's one powerful Lord! 7/7 Haste for 2RR and a card? SIGN ME UP!