Coldsnap Previews

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Ransac, Jun 26, 2006.

1. orgg Administrator

So who thinks Mishra's Bauble is an auto 4-of?
  2. orgg Administrator

Simply not as useful, really. Countering a spell that doesn't target and has a global effect is better than simply being the controller of it.
  3. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I'm not sold on this card. I don't believe that this is a great counterspell. At all.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  4. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I like this card. At the very least, it mills your opponent 5 cards for 3 mana, plus the upside of possibly countering up to five spells. I approve and give it Ransac's Thumbs Up.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  5. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I'm not sure if it's an AUTO 4-of, but it's definitely worth garnering a look.....

...then again, was Urza's Bauble an automatic 4-of? They seem extremely similar. Mishra's is a LITTLE better, but not enough to set it that far apart from Urza's.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  6. Gizmo Composite: 1860

I think this is really quite good, effectively a 2-1 trade rather than 3-1 because you gain a card back on resolution.
  7. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Like the other ACC cards from this set, it's too expensive both ways.
  8. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Works really good when your opponent is mana screwed, and when you play the jester, it nabs 4 lands (this happened yesterday at the pre-release! good times!)

By the way, I have 2 now...he he!
  9. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

heh, and I got one. yay me!
  10. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Unfortunately I did not get one of these. :(
  11. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Got her, and lovin her! Not sure how to build the deck around her though...
  12. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Yes, and unfortunately, I did not pull a single one. However, in the pre-release, it was pretty useless, even as a diversion...(from what little I saw of the 2 people that did get it....)
  13. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Which then you hope your opponent's next draws are not lands...Thinning out an opponents deck isn't always a great idea. With low costing spells removed with the scepter, you should be able to kick your opponent in the balls if they try any "funny stuff."

Oh yeah, I want a playset of these... and at least 1 foiled one (the art is just too good)
  14. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

I got one white one, and no black one.
  15. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Well, I can try to start breaking him now. I pulled one from one of my packs that I recieved as the 2HG prize.
  16. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

The deck would prolly run more like a goblin deck... only with beefier critters. So it's more like a green deck running in red without the support of extra mana sources to give you a jump to lightspeed.
  17. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

And now I get to start abusing him too, as I have one now!
  18. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

I only pulled one all day, but it was Foil! Art is neat when Holo!
  19. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Why couldn't I have pulled this one? <sigh>
  20. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

I played green in both of my flights, and still did not get one of these...<drat>