Coldsnap Previews

O

orgg

Simply not as useful, really. Countering a spell that doesn't target and has a global effect is better than simply being the controller of it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm not sold on this card. I don't believe that this is a great counterspell. At all.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I like this card. At the very least, it mills your opponent 5 cards for 3 mana, plus the upside of possibly countering up to five spells. I approve and give it Ransac's Thumbs Up.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm not sure if it's an AUTO 4-of, but it's definitely worth garnering a look.....

...then again, was Urza's Bauble an automatic 4-of? They seem extremely similar. Mishra's is a LITTLE better, but not enough to set it that far apart from Urza's.

Ransac, cpa trash man

G

Gizmo

I think this is really quite good, effectively a 2-1 trade rather than 3-1 because you gain a card back on resolution.

D

DarthFerret

Works really good when your opponent is mana screwed, and when you play the jester, it nabs 4 lands (this happened yesterday at the pre-release! good times!)

By the way, I have 2 now...he he!

D

DarthFerret

Got her, and lovin her! Not sure how to build the deck around her though...

D

DarthFerret

Yes, and unfortunately, I did not pull a single one. However, in the pre-release, it was pretty useless, even as a diversion...(from what little I saw of the 2 people that did get it....)

N

Nightstalkers

DarthFerret said:
Works really good when your opponent is mana screwed, and when you play the jester, it nabs 4 lands (this happened yesterday at the pre-release! good times!)

By the way, I have 2 now...he he!
Which then you hope your opponent's next draws are not lands...Thinning out an opponents deck isn't always a great idea. With low costing spells removed with the scepter, you should be able to kick your opponent in the balls if they try any "funny stuff."

Oh yeah, I want a playset of these... and at least 1 foiled one (the art is just too good)

D

DarthFerret

Well, I can try to start breaking him now. I pulled one from one of my packs that I recieved as the 2HG prize.

N

Nightstalkers

The deck would prolly run more like a goblin deck... only with beefier critters. So it's more like a green deck running in red without the support of extra mana sources to give you a jump to lightspeed.

D

DarthFerret

And now I get to start abusing him too, as I have one now!

D

DarthFerret

I only pulled one all day, but it was Foil! Art is neat when Holo!

D

DarthFerret

I played green in both of my flights, and still did not get one of these...<drat>