Coldsnap Previews

H

Homestar

Infinite Mana = Grim Monolith + Power Artifact?

Island, go
Island, Power Artifact, go
Dark Depths, Grim Monolith, go
Mountain, Fling, GG

L

Lythand

That would be another way to do the combo.

There are so many ways to get infinit mana....it all depends on the format your playing.

L

Limited

Homestar said:
Infinite Mana = Grim Monolith + Power Artifact?

Island, go
Island, Power Artifact, go
Dark Depths, Grim Monolith, go
Mountain, Fling, GG
How can you play the Power Artifact before the Grim Monolith?

H

Homestar

Oh crap my bad.... I thought Power Artifact was a Global Enchant. =P

L

Limited

The verdict? Pretty cool, but nothing to get really excited about right?

I mean, I think I'd prefer First Strike over Flying on a pumpable 2/1

L

Lythand

Your idea is right, process was wrong :p

I would rather use the Aether Snap myself.

O

orgg

More tournament-useful, but not as flavorful as the original Pump Knights.

Though granted, every few minutes I had to scroll back up and make sure I read them right... Flying is MUCH more powerful.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Why does everyone need infinite mana and some other kill condition to go with a 20/20 indestructable flyer that costs 30 (which can be paid in generously small increments)?

Any deck that plays this card should be able to remove all the counters either through attrition (maintaining control while dumping 3 on it at the end of your opponent's turn) or mana boosts (allowing you to pay 10 at the end of your opponent's turn three times). And once you do that, you have a 20/20 indestructable flyer. You don't need a second card to go with it. Just attack.

N

Nightstalkers

These were made on a whim of the R&D team and were not a part of the original portfolio of playtest cards.

G

Gizmo

Oversoul said:
Why does everyone need infinite mana and some other kill condition to go with a 20/20 indestructable flyer that costs 30 (which can be paid in generously small increments)?

Any deck that plays this card should be able to remove all the counters either through attrition (maintaining control while dumping 3 on it at the end of your opponent's turn) or mana boosts (allowing you to pay 10 at the end of your opponent's turn three times). And once you do that, you have a 20/20 indestructable flyer. You don't need a second card to go with it. Just attack...
And hope they don't have Repeal...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, you'd presumably have at least one other creature out if you're taking more than a turn to crank the token out of Dark Depths. If they have Diabolic Edict, hopefully they haven't already killed all of your other creatures...

L

Lythand

There are all kinds of ways to get it out. Infinite mana is one, Comboed with Aether snap, and the good old fashion remove the counters at the end of turn. Every option has its strengths and limits. It all comes down to the efficiancy of your deck, and how you play your resources to get the Fat lady out.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
This articles deals with a lot of keyword and ability quandries. The focus card is a new "Double-Pitch" card, Soulspike

However, this article displays some other cards we have not seen, including Jotun Owl Keeper, Mishra's Bauble, and Surging Flame (with the "Ripple" keyword").

Soulspike is nice. The fact that it's an instant make's it pretty decent. Yet, I'm more interesting as to what the blue card of the cycle will do.

I like the Owl Keeper. Keep it in play a while and you'll have an army of flyers! Plus, he's a 3/3 for 3 mana. Not mana white cards can say that.

Mishra's Bauble is...... well another Bauble. It's a free artifact that let's you look at the top card of your library. STILL, it's a free artifact that'l let you (eventually) draw a card. Not a bad deck-thinner.

Not sure what to thinking about Surging Flame and the Ripple effect. Seems like a sure fit in decks with Library manipulation. But, other than that, it's a nice gamble keyword, which I guess fits red.

Ransac, cpa trash man