2006 CPA Fantasy Football

D

DarthFerret

Ok, I should be back by then. I just found out that my other league is drafting that day also. However, we are starting around 1:00 pm. CST. I am going to hope to make it home in time to start the draft with you guys. In case I don't, I will leave something like a top 50 list with Spiderman or someone else to start off so you don't have to wait for me. I should be around to finish off the draft, before the 50 runs out.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's "live" online, so I can't draft for you.

What you can do is rank your players on Yahoo so that the next available player at the top of your list will be drafted for you when it's your turn (like if you have three running backs as #1-3 on your list and the first two are taken by the time it gets to you, you'll get the third one).

D

DarthFerret

ok, that will work, just have to find the time to do that (or just make sure that I am here when it all starts up....which I will try to do.)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Or you could just let Yahoo pick players for you. I hear their rankings are pretty accurate.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry if that's unclear, there is already a "Ranking List" on Yahoo by default. So even if you don't do anything, if you aren't at the draft, Yahoo will pick whoever's next available on the List whenit's your turn. You can modify the list of course, which was what I was talking about since I assumed everyone knew that Yahoo already had a list (which was probably a bad assumption).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Q: Does the list draft the next player or does it draft by position.?
How is the live part, by position or open to any player?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I believe it drafts by next available player, no matter what the position. So if all of your running back slots are filled and the next available is a running back, you're still going to pick him (leaving a slot open somewhere when the draft is finished, say Defense or Kicker or whatever).

I don't understand the second sentence :confused:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I think he's asking if we draft positions in a set order, although I'm not sure. I'll answer that question anyway.

In live draft, the player picking or "on the clock" may draft any available player, much like our every card draft is going. You don't have to draft any specific position at a time.

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

Spiderman said:
I believe it drafts by next available player, no matter what the position. So if all of your running back slots are filled and the next available is a running back, you're still going to pick him (leaving a slot open somewhere when the draft is finished, say Defense or Kicker or whatever).

Spidey,

I'm sorry to say your Spidey-sense gave you a false positive on this one. I actually just read up on the Yahoo! draft process (having signed up for two autodrafts) and the procedure is as follows:

Each league has a set number of starting roster spots (e.g. 2 qbs, 2 rbs, etc.)
The autodraft will select players from the start of your list, regardless of position, but it will fill all starting slots before selecting backups.

For the purposes of this league, if you set your autodraft queue such that you list 32 quarterbacks at the top of your list, followed by 32 running backs, your draft will be:

QB
QB
RB
RB
RB (to fill the WR/RB slot)
highest ranked non-QB non-RB player

The one thing I'm not positive about is whether it will select that third RB or if it considers WR/RB or WR/TE as a "backup" role. But it won't draft 32 QBs for you, regardless of who's left on your list.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Thanks rokapoke, that's what I was asking.
I did this as a list draft last year and got a decent team.

T

train

Well now...

there's 9 of us, so unless we get a 10th... there will be byes each week...

sorry 'bout that... :cool:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It's cool, but I thought that "Yahoo!" doesn't let you start a league unless there's an even number. That's how it's worked in previous years.

So, if we can't find someone by the draft day, we'll just get one of our Non-CPA friends to join. No biggie.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Start a league or start a draft? 'Cause obviously I started a league with just one team... :confused:

And for those who may not have caught it, the draft will start at 9 PM, not 8... 9 was the closest option it gave me (I guess so drafts don't run into each other). So plan to be there an hour later and hope it doesn't mess up anyone's schedule...

D

DarthFerret

k, should make it much easier for me to be on time.... :)

Melkor

As was previously assumed, yes the time for the draft works fine for me. And as the defending 2005 Champion and the winningest CPA League franchise of all time (you can look it up), I hope that this season is as exciting and action-packed as the previous 4 seasons.