2006 CPA Fantasy Football

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yahoo is starting to sign up leagues! Who usually starts up this biznitch?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
train usually does, but I was thinking about doing it earlier this week (but I forgot).

I'll see what I can do this afternoon.

D

DarthFerret

Just let me know, I would love to get in on this too!

Tag Guard

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm looking forward to this year's draft! This off-season has been intense (400+ free agents!?!?!?!?!)

Ransac, cpa trash man

tag guard

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I will be setting up a few leagues @ ESPN Fantasy id anyone is interested
There is a draft, pick-em (just pick winners/vs spread) and Elimination (pick a winner every week until your team loses, can only pick each team once)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are those free?

Are they "gambling" leagues or do you actually play?

I set up a league with the same setting from last year:

League Name: CPA 2006 Fantasy League
League ID: 271246
League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/271246
League pw: cpafantasy

The only thing different is that I opted for an Offline Draft. It's easily changable but I thought maybe having everyone have a chance to draft might be good.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
Are those free?

Are they "gambling" leagues or do you actually play?
They are free and the non-draft one's have prizes from ESPN.
What is a Gambling League?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure but when you said "pick winners" for elimination and pick-ems, it sounded confusing. :)

Can you explain more how they work?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Simple:
Pig Skin Pick-em is picking every game each week either straight up or vs the spread. Takes 2 minutes to do each week.

Eliminator is just picking 1 team per week who you believe will win their game, if you are wrong you are eliminated. But you can only pick each team once per year. The last person still in wins.

Not only can we do this as a CPA competition, but ESPN provides prizes for over all winners.

D

DarthFerret

As long as it deals with the NFL, I will get in on them. Every single one of them! If it goes into college, forget about it, I am college football stupid!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if they're free, it can't hurt, right? Pigskin Pick 'Em actually sounds like iwon.com's Football Pick 'Em.

So where do we sign up for your stuff, Mooseman?

And for everyone doing the Yahoo CPA League, is everyone okay with doing an offline draft?

D

DarthFerret

I guess an offline draft is fine, but realize that I do not know how that works. Ya'll will have to inform me.

Moose, where exactly do I find these things at ESPN?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't explored it fully either, but I believe it's just like how we draft here: one person drafts a player and sends it to the next team. That way everyone has a chance to draft who they want instead of missing the "live" draft and having the computer pick the ranking players on your list.

But I'll check it out further.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah, I did an offline draft on another site and it worked pretty well. The only problem is that it takes time and people definitely need to pay attention to when it's their turn. With twelve people, it took us about a month and a half to finish, so if you do an offline draft, I'd suggest starting as soon as possible.

I'll join either way.

And just to stay in the habit....

Tag Guard

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm... I wonder if we can switch halfway through then... a month and a half would put us in the first couple weeks of the season...

Well, let's shoot for Monday, 7/31 to start the draft.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
They are not ready for sign ups yet, but all the ESPN fantasy stuff can be found here: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/frontpage

I have also done an offline 5 pick 5 games vs the spread.
Pick your best 5 games vs the spread each week.

As you see, I am more into picking games then picking players.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
We have 5 people signed up. WILL NO ONE ELSE JOIN US!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Ransac, cpa trash man

tag guard

turgy22

Nothing Special
I just joined.

Tag Guard

EDIT: I'm a little confused about the settings, though. Just to clarify, each team is going to have 25 total players, including 2 team defenses, 2 defensive backs, 2 defensive linemen and 2 other individual defensive players as starters? That seems a little excessive and might make the draft really long. If that's how you guys have done it in the past, I'm cool with it, I just wanted to make sure that that was the intent.