2006 CPA Fantasy Football

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
turgy22: Yeah, that's how they do it here. I'm personally not a big fan of drafting individual defensive players, but it's all good.

25 players drafted per team? I recommend that everyone checks the board enough times to be able to draft at least one player per day.

Ransac, cpa trash man

tag guard

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm having my doubts about it. So maybe we can switch to a live draft.

When's a good day for everyone? My best is evenings on Friday-Sunday, EST of course (probably 8PM onwards).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You can set it up to draft from your list of players.
That's what I did last year and what I plan on doing this year if it's a live online draft.

Even thought I finished well last year, I'm not real into this style of game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know and I've done it that way, but last year, I had problems with my firewall and before I got it turned off, the draft auto-picked three or four players from my list and two of them were defenses... and this was like the third round. So I'd like to do it myself if possible :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Don't rank a defense so high on your list.
I do believe that you can do a combination of both. Some teams draft live and others draft from their lists.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I know... but nothing beats being there and seeing what's being taken :)

I think that's how ours is set up - you can draft live but if you don't pick within the time limit, you draft whoever's the next available on your list.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Is THAT how our offline draft is set up?.....

I don't think so. I've been in an offline draft before and the way WE did it was all of us sitting in the same room at a table and drafting. When everyone had selected their players, the commissioner took everyone's picks and plugged them into the computer. I remember that part because I WAS THE COMMISSIONER AND IT TOOK FOR FREAKIN' EVER TO PLUG EVERY PLAYER IN A 16-TEAM LEAGUE!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!

*cough* ahem, sorry 'bout that. What you would have to do, Spidey, is wait until all of our drafting is done on the boards and then plug them in yourself. However, I think we'd prefer the live online draft, instead.

I can't draft at night for the next two and a half weeks or so, but I imagine that we wouldn't want to draft until we were that close or closer to the beginning of the season, anyway.

Ransac, cpa trash man

tag guard

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
I was thinking either the August 11th weekend or the August 25th weekend.
I will be at GenCon on the 08/11/06 weekend. But the 25th weekend is good.

The first game isn't until Sep 7th.

turgy22

Nothing Special
August 25th or 26th should work for me. I think I'll prepare a list of players just in case, though.

Tag Guard

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Bad for me...I'm working then...:( Could we do it on Saturday or Sunday instead?

D

DarthFerret

Sunday should be okay with me as long as my other league is not drafting that sunday. I dont think that we are waiting that late to draft... (this is a league with a bunch of old co-workers, we physically meet up, then our commish puts the stuff into the board. We use RTSports.com but that is because we pay into it, and get paid out at the end of the season. Last season I paid $100.00 to enter, and came out with $150.00!)

I am supposed to find out in the next week or so when we are doing this other draft.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Spiderman said:
Yeah, that's okay for me too. Sunday the 27th at 8 PM EST?
Did you mean 8pm Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)? Or don't y'all use daylight savings time out there? :p

BTW, that time should be okay for me too...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, it switches from EST to EDT during the summer? How confusing...

But yes, EDT. And since it looks like 4 out of how many signed up (and #5 is probably okay) can do it, that's what we'll shoot for. I'll change it on the League.