Lord of the Rings LCG 4 Player Game Actions

B

boogiepop

They're both dealt a shadow card.
The Dol Guldur Orcs are dealt a Dol Guldur Beatmaster card. No shadow effect. No damage to Aragorn.
Ungoliant's Spawn is dealt a Chieftain Ufthak. Again, no effect. The Miner dies.

I'm going to use those 2 resource points I got from Gloin to play For Gondor!

For Gondor!
Type: Event
Sphere: Leadership Cost: 2
Action: Until the end of the phase, all characters get +1 Attack. All Gondor characters also get +1 Defense until the end of the phase.

Have at 'em, boys! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have Gimli and Legolas available.

Combat sounds automatic once we assign our guys, so what do we need to do now?

B

boogiepop

Well, it just matters as to who does and doesn't get exhausted, particularly in rokapoke's case since he has a lot of guys with abilities.

A single Gondorian Spearman can deal lethal damage to the Dol Guldur Orcs, as you mentioned.

Legolas and Glorfindel have a combined attack power of 8. 10 is needed to finish the Spawn off. You want to add that Riversong guy to the attack, am I correct, rokapoke? His attack of 1 with the For Gondor! bonus would be enough.

R

rokapoke

Legolas and Glorfindel have a combined attack power of 8. 10 is needed to finish the Spawn off. You want to add that Riversong guy to the attack, am I correct, rokapoke? His attack of 1 with the For Gondor! bonus would be enough.
Agreed. With the ranged assistance from Legolas, Glorfindel and Henamarth Riversong will take out Ungoliant's Spawn.

B

boogiepop

Okay, all that's left is for characters to take any final actions before untapping, like Gleowine can.
I'll raise our threat by one and ready everyone.

Once all this is done, then we can start the next round.

Oh! Before all of the this, draw a card per our location. Legolas added the final 2 progress points on.

Current Location: Mountains of Mirkwood

Type: Location
Threat: 2 Quest Points: 1/3
Forest. Mountain.
Travel: Reveal the top card of the encounter deck and add it to the staging area to travel here.
Response: After Mountains of Mirkwood leaves play as an explored location, each player may search the top 5 cards of his deck for 1 card and add it to his hand. Shuffle the rest of the searched cards back into their owners' decks.

B

boogiepop

Okay, Spiderman's the first player who can play attachments and whatnot.
I gave (or will give in a moment) us all our resource points.

Who is Gleowine giving the extra card to? Has everyone also drawn their card for the new turn?

R

rokapoke

At this point, I have absolutely no idea how many cards I should have drawn (total) from my deck. Anybody know?

I am definitely still floundering here.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is only the second turn, so you should have drawn at least two cards. Not sure if you drew any extra from abilities or something.

I don't have any attachments or whatnot to play right now :)

B

boogiepop

Off the top of my head, you drew 6 to start, 2 for the beginning of each of the turns we've completed, 1 from Gleowine last turn, 1 from the Location we just explored and now you should draw another to start the next turn.

So counting the beginning of this turn, you should have had a total of 11 cards. Gleowine never used his action at the end of last turn though, so if you want to draw an extra, I'd go ahead and do so. (Just tell me so I can put it on the main page.)

R

rokapoke

Right. I won't draw any extra cards, since I now have 7 in hand after drawing my 11th total card.

No extra card for me. Drawing my 11th total card gives me 7 in hand.

B

boogiepop

Okay, so that gets us back to playing attachments and allies. Spiderman? You're up first as I recall.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Remove a res from each of my guys to play Horseback Archer. That's it for me.

(U) Horseback Archer
Type: Ally//Sphere: Tactics //Cost: 3
Willpower: 0 Attack: 2 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 2//Rohan. Archer.//Ranged

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm going to take one resource each from Dunhere and Eowyn to play The Favor of the Lady (Attach to a hero. Attached hero gains +1 Willpower) on Eowyn.

R

rokapoke

I will pay 1 resource from each of my heroes to play Daughter of the Nimrodel, and an additional 1 from Glorfindel to play Protector of Lorien on Eowyn (can anybody use that ability, or only Turgy22? Either way, I can keep his hand full as required).

Daughter of the Nimrodel //Type: Ally Sphere: Lore //Cost: 3 //Willpower: 1 Attack: 0 Defense: 0 Hit Points: 1 //Silvan. //Action: Exhaust Daughter of the Nimrodel to heal up to 2 damage on any 1 hero.

Protector of Lorien //Type: Attachment Sphere: Lore //Cost: 1 //Title. //Attach to a hero.//Action: Discard a card from your hand to give attached hero +1 Defense or +1 Willpower until the end of the phase.

B

boogiepop

Okay, and I'll stand pat this round.
I'm questing with everyone and using the Aragorn combo to keep him readied.

Almost forgot... rokapoke, that's a good question. I think it's the player that controls the attachment that discards, but I will check up on that just in case. I know in the FAQ it states that there's a 3 card limit per phase or round. Beravor's ability is also mentioned in the FAQ. She's supposed to have a once per round limit on her ability.

I should probably just add this info to the cards since this i all text-based anyway.

R

rokapoke

Boogiepop, are you sure that Steward of Gondor is the card that would tap to add the resources? I think it might mean that the hero is intended to tap for that ability...

Also, I will commit Henamarth Riversong and Gleowine to the quest.