D&D: Horror on the Hill - Falling Down a Trapdoor

T

train

"well - left or straight... in the common alphabet - l comes before s - so let's go left..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You travel for about 60' when the passage turns to the right at about a 45 degree angle. You travel another 60' when the passage splits, one going straight ahead and the other to the right.

D

DarthFerret

Based on the previous argument, we should go right? r comes before s....?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kurik remarks, "Is someone actually mapping where we're going? Wilhelm, you seem interested in cartography..."

You go for about 10' when the passage turns slightly to the left (maybe about 22 degrees), go for another 30', and come to another wide cavern, maybe 20' wide and 30' long. There's a 10' passage to the left at the far side, and another passage directly right or you that seems to go straight for a bit.

The air feels moist here.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"I was keeping track until I got knocked out...... uhhhhhh... let's see... the wide cavern seems to be a good place to get our bearings."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There doesn't seem to be anything in this cavern. However, the passage that was at the far end when you first came in seems to lead to another cavern.

T

train

"We really need a superior method of determining our path. For the moment, right shall do..."
(Is my method not superior?...):cool:

(Investigate... ready for some rumbling!)

"come out, come out, Whatever you are..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As you enter, a massive form rises to attack you. It looks like a huge bear except for the owl's head, making it instead a freak of nature. Despite your caution, you are surprised at the sudden attack....

Round 1 - Party is surprised.

Having the choice between Rondo and Si'Nat, the creature lunges towards the elf, swiping with both claws and snapping with its beak. Si'Nat, in an amazing display of dexterity, weaves and bobs and manages to avoid all three attacks.

Round 2 - Creature gets initiative.

Still choosing to go after Si'Nat, this time the creature's paws connect and in a sickening <thunk>, tears two huge chucks from Si'Nat. He drops and is out of the fight.

Party's turn...

T

train

(sorry guys... apparently, even though I was ready for some rumbling... my online skills are rusty, so I probably could have used a refresher or warm-up... ;-) )

D

DarthFerret

Interpose myself between Si'Nat and the bear (if possible) and swing away.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone rushed to the attack except Cugel, it seems.

Bertrem swings and misses.
Kurik slashes with his sword and opens a deep wound.
Gareth bashes with his hammer and crushes an arm.
Rondo swings his axe and hits a glancing blow on the leg.
Wilhelm drags Si'Nat's body away but quickly determines that this is a life-threatening wound and needs time to be taken care of.

Round 3 - Creature gets initiative.

It turns towards Bertrem, roaring angrily, and once again connects with both paws. Bertrem staggers heavily and looks almost to be at death's door, the wounds look that bad.

Party's turn.