D&D: Horror on the Hill - Falling Down a Trapdoor

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Well, assuming that Wilhelm is more or less recovered, I suggest proceeding the way we were going before we encountered those rodents."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From post #197: You're about 30' from the entrance of the "vast cavern" of where you fought the rat things.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Y0u head back to the vast cavern where nothing has changed since you last saw it, maybe 10 minutes ago. A repeat of the description, slightly edited

It stretches for 30' in front of you but the bulk of the cavern is to your left, where it seems to "narrow" to 20' Your light can't see the end of it to your left though.

In the corner straight ahead of you (again, about 30') seems to be a pile of cloth and leather, with now several furred bodies around it.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I think they are now beyond our capacity to scare away, Wilhelm. Perhaps they always were. Now, try not to run off this time..."

*Cugel will attempt to investigate the pile of cloth and leather again, sword drawn and ready to skewer anything that might still be hiding in there.*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The pile moves a little as Cugel and Bertrem approach, but nothing else happens. Ever alert, Cugel prods the pile and reveals what looks to be six hairless little rats, squeaking nosily. Being close-up, Cugel is able to see that their eyes are closed yet they seem to be aware of their surroundings.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I have absolutely no malice toward these creatures for the actions of their relatives. However, they would starve to death if left to their own devices. So we are going to euthanize them..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Exploring to the left, the cavern narrows to about 20' wide and goes for about 50'. You don't encounter any more rodents, but there's two passages leading from the cavern: one straight ahead that goes for maybe 15' before turning slightly to the left and one to the left of the first passage that goes straight for a bit.