D&D: Horror on the Hill - Falling Down a Trapdoor

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Mooseman, May 4, 2010.

1. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Bertrem staggers backwards and falls to his knees, hand pressing to the gaping wounds....his eyes appear unfocused and he seems very disorientated.
  2. Oversoul The Tentacled One

*Cugel was distracted for some reason. He is haunted by vectors and polar coordinates and evaluations of definite integrals of derivatives of functions. He shakes his head and seeks to help his companions. Arrows if he can get a shot in. If not, it's time to skewer this owlbear with his sword.*
  3. TomB Administrative Assistant

Rondo continues to attack with his axe till the creature is dead, or Rondo is badly wounded...:)
  4. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Wilhelm will search for healing potions on the two injured and administer them, if none are found I'll cast cure light on Bertrem
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The creature is large enough that Cugel can shoot arrows, which he does... but misses.

Kurik, Gareth, and Rondo hack and stab away at the beast, but only Rondo succeeds in actually connecting, beheading it with a mighty blow.

Wilhem brings out one of his two Healing Potions and manages to trickle it down Bertrem's throat, causing some of the wounds to close and stop bleeding. Bertrem looks re-focused.

Wilhelm and Bertrem are out of their Cure Light Wounds spells - they already cast them earlier today
  6. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

"Hmmm. I wonder why that didn't work? I must have hit my head harder than I thought."
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Kurik remarks, "Tough fight. What's the plan of action?"
  8. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Um, wow....uh....ok, guess they were a bit tougher than they looked.....

*Bertrem starts to inspect his armor for any damages*
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The armor looks a bit battered and rent in a couple places, but will still provide the same protection for now.
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Gareth and Kurik sit and start cleaning their weapons and armor.
  11. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Bertrem follows suit, waiting for some kind of direction.
  12. TomB Administrative Assistant

*Think it's time to go somewhere and rest up and regain spells?*
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

"What's this place look like? Has anyone searched it yet?"
  14. Oversoul The Tentacled One

"Apparently not. Let us investigate this cavern, then..."
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The cavern is fairly small as it goes, perhaps 20 feet from the entrance to the far wall and 30 feet going to the right. There's a pool of water right in the center.
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Kurik stands guard while the others check out the cavern.
  17. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Bertrem cautiously starts poking around the cavern, searching for anything interesting (in and out of the water) as he holds his mace at the ready.
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Bertrem doesn't find anything other than some odd bits of bone that he surmises was part of the creature's meals. The water seems unremarkable as well.
  19. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Looks vary empty, maybe we should go another way.... say towards the surface?
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

"Didn't you guys want to rest up? This looks like a good place... easily defensible, source of water..." Kurik asks.