D&D: Horror on the Hill - Falling Down a Trapdoor

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You mean you haven't been? :eek: Bad map-maker... are you going through this thread then from the beginning when you dropped down here or just want to start now?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so there's two ways you can leave here: the way you entered or the passage to the right of where you entered.

D

DarthFerret

Well, shouldn't we move forward rather than backtracking? Seems to me to be the easiest way to find an exit.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Aye, now that we're all rested up we're ready for a real fight!" says Rondo. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So is everyone agreeing with Bertrem for trying the untraveled passage versus the one you entered from?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone should subtract one days rations from their char sheets

All right mapmaker, get ready...

The passage is about 10' wide. You travel 10' and then it shifts to the left about 5' (although you're still heading in the same direction). You travel for about 50' when you are surprised by the attack what seems to be 3' long giant flying creatures with black and yellow stripes.

Round 1: Party is surprised.

They both fly at Si'Nat and attempt to bite him but miss.

Round 2: Party has initiative.

Reminder: Because you're in a passage, only Rondo and Si'Nat, the ones in the lead from my marching order notes, can melee with them

D

DarthFerret

get out my sling and do what I can. If one in the front falls, will pull out my mace and take his place.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Round 2:

Bertrem's sling stone misses.
Kurik fires an arrow and nicks one.

Si'Nat swings and nicks the same one.
Rondo swings and makes a solid hit.

The one attacking Rondo bites him, drawing blood.
Si'Nat barely gets his shield up in time to block the other one.

Round 3: Party gets initiative

Bertrem manages to hit Rondo's opponent, but barely.
Kurik's arrow flies wide.

Si'Nat misses his opponent.

Both creatures miss Rondo and Si'Nat.

Rondo scores a hit again and this time cleaves it in two!

Round 4: Party wins initiative (wow!)

Bertrem and Kurik's aim is off and both miss.

Si'Nat <thwacks> the remaining creature.

It attempts to bite him back but misses.

Rondo finishes it off with another mighty blow.

End of combat

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
As Rondo binds his wound he announces to the group "it's just a scratch lads...I'm ready for more!" :D

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, now that that is over, such a racket. I do believe I have got the mapping going.

When I figure out how to paste it in here I will.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The party seems to be okay so you move on....

The passage starts to angle to the right slightly, you go about 30' and the passage veers sharply to the left, probably 90 degree. You go about 20' when the passage turns to the right (maybe about 45 degrees) and you go for 10' when you come to an enormous cavern about 20' wide.. Your torchlight reveals a passage to your right (from your perspective, heading maybe 135 degrees) but can't see to the end of the cavern in front of you.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"A large chamber and our visibility is reduced. This could be dangerous as it might house foes of considerable bulk or simply a large number of malcontents. We should proceed with one accord and be prepared for whatever might lie ahead."