Werewolf XVII: The Order to Lykin

D

DarthFerret

*looks back and forth between Melkor and Rokapoke, gets an extreemly ponderous look on his face, and then reluctantly points at Rokapoke. Smirks again at Ransac and the examines Melkor as if looking for something...*

(Yes, he makes it obvious that he changes his vote, although reluctant about doing so)

R

rokapoke

Oversoul;292117 said:
Modus' reasoning is sound.
The reasoning of the guy who will "jump on this bandwagon" to vote against me?

If these are the kind of arguments that can sway your opinions, people, the wolves among us are going to have a feast.

Clearly, I have drawn the short straw here. May whatever God you believe in have mercy on you all. I fear you will need it.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The final vote count is as follows:
rokapoke (6) - Spiderman, Modus Pwnens, Melkor, Mooseman, DarthFerret, Oversoul
Melkor (2) - rokapoke, Ransac
Oversoul (1) - EricBess

And with the decision made, rokapoke is led to the gallows. The noose is fitted around his neck and the platform dropped beneath him. The rope tightens and you hear a sickening crack. Rokapoke is dead.

You wait a moment, not sure what to expect. Then you see his body begin to change. His hands and face grow hairy, his mouth widens, revealing a row of sharp teeth, and his body distorts, becoming wolflike. Success!

You cut the body down and let it fall into the deep pit below. You all then make your way up to the castle door and once again try to open it. Still, it will not budge. Either more wolves walk among you, or there is something seriously wrong with the doors in this castle.

You can see the light fading outside and realize that if you still can't escape the castle walls, you should at least seek safety in your rooms.

It is officially night phase. There shouldn't be any more comments here until the next day begins.

Anyone who has a night action should PM their decisions to me by the end of the day Wednesday. That's roughly 40 hours from now. I'm not going to send reminder messages, so if you don't get your choices to me in time, I'll continue the story and your action will be lost for the night.

R

rokapoke

< You all hear a bitter voice echoing eerily through the castle...>

You may have been right about me being a wolf, but you're still all jerks for turning on me. Nyah! :p

turgy22

Nothing Special
You sleep soundly tonight within the Lykintrop Castle. The thick stone walls between the rooms easily silence noises from outside. As a new day dawns, you wake up feeling refreshed and join your fellow tourists for a another attempt to make your way out of the castle. Upon entering the hall, however, you notice that your party is smaller. Significantly smaller. You take a moment to perform a headcount and thus realize that only one person is missing – Melkor.

You walk over to Melkor’s room and upon opening the door, see that your worst fears have come to pass. His enormous body lies open on the bed, his bulgy guts splayed out in a most disgusting way. His entrails cover the room, with unrecognizable internal organs and pieces of semi-digested chicken stuck to the walls and ceiling. Clearly, the attack happened quickly and Melkor slept soundly, for he had nary a moment to rise from his slumber and waddle his way to the door to escape.

You notice that his pillow is missing, with shredded pieces of it scattered about. Come to think of it, his head is missing, as well, with nothing but a pool of blood resting where his head had lain. You look up to see Melkor’s pudgy face balanced atop a high bureau, pale from the loss of blood that now slowly drips down to the floor.

As you are about to depart, you see one last thing out of the ordinary. A strange rock lies broken in two pieces, smashed against the farthest wall. You tiptoe your way around the blood and guts and inspect the rock with its strange markings, but can’t decipher them enough to tell what it means. Whatever it is, it’s broken and useless now.

You quickly disregard the strange stone and focus on the more obvious fact. Melkor’s eviscerated corpse means that a wolf-man still walks among you. Confident in your earlier assessment, you all march down to the gallows and prepare for another extermination.

Players remaining:
Spiderman
EricBess
Darthferret
Oversoul
Ransac
Modus Pwnens
Mooseman

Players Out:
Rokapoke (lynched)
Melkor (killed by wolves)

The second day begins.

With seven players remaining, FOUR votes are required to lynch someone. If a majority is not reached, no hanging will take place.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac looks around at the bloody mess that was Melkor, then at what he's smoking in his hand.*

Dude, tubby.... we need to lay off this stuff....

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I turn towards EricBess.

"So, 'hunter', did you do whatever you have to do and check on me last night? What did you find?"

E

EricBess

EricBess;291908 said:
Unforunately, I will not know the results as I am hunter blood and it is he that is seer blood.
Sorry Spidey, I wish I knew. If Melkor was indeed the seer, then the secrets are likely lost.

If Melkor figured he was already dead by the vote, then he might have tried to protect the real seer with his story, figuring that it didn't matter in the long run whether it was us or the wolves that killed him. If so, then the real seer would know whether or not you are a wolf, but I'm afraid there is a decent chance that Melkor was telling the truth :(.

Something else occurs to me, however. I might have unintentionally put you at risk. If you are not a wolf, then the wolves would know that the seer knows you are not a wolf... It might be better not to announce who I am going to focus on. It would make it harder for the seer, if that wasn't Melkor. I suppose we could ask for a volunteer who wants to be the focus...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, I think Melkor was the seer, judging from that weird stone in his quarters.

Good thing my will is up to date... and why doesn't this castle have any weapons on the walls or something?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, sure. I'll volunteer. I don't see how it matters, though. Poor Melkor was almost certainly telling the truth, which would make your "focus" useless anyway, right? It makes me feel pretty stupid. I was the first one to accuse him and he had to reveal himself when enough of us arbitrarily picked him as a suspect. If I die in here, I have only myself to blame. Well, also Rokapoke and whoever Rokapoke's accomplice is.

So we've eliminated a wolf, but lost our seer. Any ideas?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, I am at a loss here. Melkor's impassioned soliloquy really made me think and swayed my vote.... but didn't sway everyone. Alas poor melkor, I knew him not at all.
So, anyone else have a good speech?

M

Modus Pwnens

Even though it was to be expected, Melkors death raises quite a few questions.

Let's consider the following things.

-Melkor clearly wasn't a wolfman, or he would have transformed the same way Rokapoke did.
-The wolves knew that he was either a normal person trying to save himself, or indeed a mystic as he claimed, and most likely the latter.
-The wolves also knew that Rokapoke was one of them.

What I would very much like to know, is why Ransac was the only one, apart from Rokapoke, that was willing to risk hanging the only person that could shed any light on the situation?

D

DarthFerret

**Looks over at Ransac with a disgusted look on his face, looks back around at the carnage, and then turns to Ransac**

"Shut up, Shut up, Shut up. You never see what is obvious and right in front of you, you dumb stoner! It is obvious that Melkor was the seer, and you did not change your vote you moron. It is also obvious from his own statements that there is no such thing as a hunter. Never did he reveal anything of that sort about his own nature. You are taking it as truth that such a thing even exisits. Don't you think that he would do so, being forced to reveal who he is? The only person here caught in thier own words is EricBess and I intend to see him hang for it."

**pulls out a cigarette, lights it and leans back against the wall with a nonchalant look on his face, as if nothing out of the ordinary has happened.**

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
EricBess

Hey, now! Don't point fingers at me, people!! Tubby here is the brains of the outfit! I'm the looks. I was waiting on the approval of lardo. I would have gladly voted for the Man-WolfMan-thing-guy, but the votes were tallied before I had a chance to change.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was all set to vote for Ransac as, yet again, Modus was making quite a bit of sense. But then DarthFerret opened his mouth. Could anyone even understand that? And why does he keep looking at Ransac like that? I don't mean to vote out of annoyance, but I'd think those of us who aren't wolves would be trying to reason this out so that we can survive, not spout incomprehensible nonsense and creepily focus on one person while randomly accusing another, if that's what he was even doing. I can't actually tell...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Post titles are gone with the new forum software, so I'm going to ask that all votes are done in bold with the following format:

Vote: Playername

Ideally, your vote should appear at either the beginning or the end of your post, but as long as it stands out, it should be okay. I just want to make sure that I don't miss any votes by accident and cause a miscount, which may or may not completely ruin the game (if I reveal an incorrect role by accident).

Anyone who had voted previously, please re-vote in the new format. I'll give a few more days for discussion and votes and set a tentative deadline for the end of the day Wednesday.

M

Modus Pwnens

EricBess

Hey, now! Don't point fingers at me, people!! Tubby here is the brains of the outfit! I'm the looks. I was waiting on the approval of lardo. I would have gladly voted for the Man-WolfMan-thing-guy, but the votes were tallied before I had a chance to change.

Ransac, cpa trash man

*Ransac smacks DF on the chest.*

What do you think, tubby? This guy sees things at night. He's definitely hiding something there... probably something we could smoke.

Ransac, cpa trash man
For your blatant lies, I believe it is in fact you that is hiding a dark and sinister secret. You definitely had the opportunity to change your mind, yet you didn't use it.

Vote: Ransac

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ed sent me the titles from the previous posts, so this is where the votes should stand right now:

EricBess (2) - DarthFerret, Ransac
DarthFerret (1) - Oversoul
Ransac (1) - Modus Pwnens

Not voted (3) - Mooseman, Spiderman, EricBess

Four votes needed to lynch. Deadline will be the end of the day on Wednesday, June 23. If I missed anything, let me know.

E

EricBess

Vote: Ransac

It would be a shame if he really didn't have time to change his vote, but it seems like there was quite a bit of time, so I'm hard pressed to think that he wasn't available for at least a bit of that time. Perhaps he hadn't had time to think of something clever to say, so he didn't bother, but how long does it take to simply post a name? Sorry, Ransac, but I think it has to be done.

DarthFerret - as for your accusation, I had already stated my role. If I were a wolf making up a story, wouldn't Melkor have called me out at the same time he announced his role? He knew I was telling the truth, so he didn't bother making a big deal about it. Hardly a case against me.