Werewolf XVII: The Order to Lykin

M

Modus Pwnens

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but I don't like it.. get away from me!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I know devouring our feathered friends doesn't mean for sure that he'd also go after people, but it's a hunch and I don't have much else to go on (other than EricBess's pants).

E

EricBess

Honestly, I have no idea. If we end up hanging an innocent, we would be better off not hanging anyone. I doubt the wolfs will rest, so we clearly must do something, but at the moment, there is really very little reason to suspect anyone. My vote is cast strictly based on the fact that no one has voted for him yet, so it is unlikely to become a majority.

If someone can give a compelling argument on why they believe a specific person is a wolf, I'd be happy to change my vote.

R

rokapoke

I just can't fathom how he can be thinking with his stomach at a time like this. Maybe it's because his "snack" last night only whet his appetite.

D

DarthFerret

*nudges Ransac, points at Melkor and shrugs with a quizzical look on his face*

M

Modus Pwnens

I don't like it when people jump on bandwagons, so i'll jump on this bandwagon. Now where's my paper bag?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Melkor

*Ransac looks at Darthferret and nods in approval.*

Yeah, tubby. Mos def! Anyone who doesn't share their fried chicken with me has GOT to be a narc.... or whatever this is oink is for.... I got some serious munchies.... you want some Funions, tubby?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Seeing as I have not been paying any attention to what's going on, I'll join the crowd...... But if he turns out to not be a wolf, I suspect that DF and Ransac are in cahoots and will lobby for them next....Mostly Ransac, since he is so worried about eating.... maybe he has an insatiable hunger or whatever that is called.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Wow. Quote a flurry of activity we had yesterday. Here's the current vote count:

Melkor (5) - rokapoke, DarthFerret, Oversoul, Mooseman, Ransac
rokapoke (2) - Spiderman, Modus Pwnens
Oversoul (1) - EricBess

Not voted (1) - Melkor

Remember that the deadline for voting is the end of the day on Monday, five votes are required to hang someone and everyone must vote. At this point, it seems as though Melkor is doomed unless someone has a change of heart.

Melkor

rokapoke

I've always been attacked for my weight and eating, but this unshapely appearance hides a secret destiny and power, for I have the power to see through the beasts appearance and guess at the man inside. I have the power of the ancient seers of old and look not at my porcine feature but rather at the wolfen fellows who so gleefully try to cast me down. I do not know who is evil yet for the wolves have only just revealed themselves. DarthFerret and Ransac are almost too obvious, werewolves are known for their subtlety, at least when in human guise. I therefore cast my vote for rokapoke in hope that he is the one.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Updated the vote count:

Melkor (5) - rokapoke, DarthFerret, Oversoul, Mooseman, Ransac
rokapoke (3) - Spiderman, Modus Pwnens, Melkor
Oversoul (1) - EricBess

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow, Melkor's eloquence has changed my mind, although I did not really have a clue. So I will change my vote to see what can be gained from this information.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
At this point, I see three possibilities...

1. Melkor is a wolf, and is trying to trick us into prolonging his killing spree. In this case, hanging him now would obviously be the right thing to do.
2. Melkor is telling the truth, and only reveals himself because hanging him would be a huge waste. This is unfortunate, because even if this is true and we act on it, the wolves will get him tonight and we'll lose a valuable asset.
3. Melkor is just some fat fool trying to misdirect the wolves. But this seems unlikely.

We can ill afford to make a mistake here, but I'm torn between two of these possibilities. I'd like to hear from Rokapoke before changing my vote. It seems that if we believe Melkor's story, he's the next choice, so he should have some say in the matter.

R

rokapoke

Look, Oversoul's got this right. We don't have a lot of opportunities to get this right. I think that we're a pretty bright bunch, and that we can call a spade a spade. And I think we all realize that Melkor's trying to sell a little snake oil here. Making up some seer nonsense (or hunter nonsense, EricBess!) isn't going to help anything; what we need is action. I don't want anybody to have to die by hanging, but it is a price that must be paid to eliminate the wolf among us.

Our initial instincts, as a group, led to a majority feeling that Melkor is the wolf, and I feel that we should stand by that choice. Allowing the wolf to cast indecision amongst us will cause the death of us all. The choice seems to be stand together, or die alone. I say we stand and fight!

turgy22

Nothing Special
The first day will end in about 24 hours.

Melkor (4) - rokapoke, DarthFerret, Oversoul, Ransac
rokapoke (4) - Spiderman, Modus Pwnens, Melkor, Mooseman
Oversoul (1) - EricBess

M

Modus Pwnens

Well, I for one am quite certain we can exclude the third option.

Let's think this through.
Should Melkor indeed have mystic powers that can identify these monsters, it would be a great loss to dispose of him right away. However, it makes little sense for him to reveal his powers right away. If he truly is a seer, which I'm inclined to believe, as it is a story to crazy to make up, surely he won't live through the night. I wonder, why not use that eloquence to convince us not to kill him without revealing his powers?

At the same time, if his devious mind has come up with this masterplan, and he himself is in fact part of this pack of wretched creatures, we are in for some dark times. Surely his own wolfish friends won't slaughter him during the night, and he can claim that they didn't do so to throw further suspicion on him. We'd still be clueless whether or not to believe him.

Right now, I believe that regardless of whether he is a seer or not, we shouldn't do the dirty work for those monsters. I'm sorry Melkor, but I fear your powers are too dangerous for those wolves, and they will kill you during the night, but during the day, you shouldn't be harmed by us. My vote stays on Rokapoke, and I urge everyone to do the same.
Don't let those monsters play us out against each other by having us kill our most potent weapon against them: knowledge!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac smacks DF on the chest.*

What do you think, tubby? This guy sees things at night. He's definitely hiding something there... probably something we could smoke.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

Obviously, my desire was to remain hidden but the early numbers for voting seemed too dire to be overcome by a mere plee with no further information. Truly I know that my time now is short, even should I survive the vote, I will be in terrible danger in the evening. However, I felt it necessary to reveal myself for two reasons, first, to at least give us a chance of getting a wolf today and second, to guard against a wolf falsely claiming to have my powers later on. For the wolves are aware that there are those that can see into their corrupted souls and could use such knowledge to their advantage once the true seer has been destroyed.