Werewolf XVII: The Order to Lykin

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yay, Ransac finally decided to show up!

I'll finish the rest of the story over the weekend and send out the roles on Tuesday. Until then, any lurkers still have a chance to join in.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
HEY! Old man Colonel! Tubby and I are hungry. How about you give us a piece or two of that!?

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
“Okay, lunch break is over! We’ll be continuing the tour in this direction.”

You look up to see that your tour guide has returned, so you stand up from the table and follow him as he makes his way down a poorly-lit hall.

“Historians have noted that the last known master of the castle, Lord Ludvig Lykin, was a famous biologist who, like the rest of his family, had a particular fascination with dogs. He was reportedly trying to infuse the local villagers with canine blood, in order to heighten their senses, strength and tolerance for pain. Some even say that he was toying in black magic to make his theories come to life and that he eventually went mad conducting his experiments, killing his family in the process.

“We’re approaching his study now, so you’ll be able to see for yourselves Lord Lykin’s sketches and notes. I do ask that you please not touch anything, but you may look all you like.”

You enter the study to find the walls surrounded by bookshelves, packed with books and coated in dust. The room also contains two tables, covered with scattered papers, where you see anatomical drawings of humans and dogs. You also see some sketches of what appear to be half-man, half-dog creatures, presumably something this Lykin fellow intended to create.

As you and your fellow tourists mill about the study, Von Türgyön sits in a chair in the corner of the room, waiting until the group is ready to move on. He tilts the chair back, leaning it against the wall. Suddenly, the whole room begins to shake and one of the bookshelves slowly begins to spin. When it stops, a passage is revealed behind it, leading down a dark tunnel.

A visibly startled von Türgyön jumps from the chair to inspect the displaced bookshelf, but as the chair falls back to its original position, so too, does the bookshelf begin sliding back to its original placement along the wall. The tour guide quickly places his hand on the wall and pushes in a brick where the chair had leaned and then wedges the chair against it to keep the passage clear.

“Well, this is interesting,” he mutters. “It seems this tour will be taking an unexpected turn into a never-before-seen secret passage, hidden deep in the Lykintrop Castle.”

He turns on an electric lantern and leads you through the very dusty hallway. You begin to question the safety of the tour as you’re lead past walls filled with cobwebs and then down a very steep spiraling staircase. Finally, the lantern reveals an open chamber, sparsely furnished but for a table in the center upon which your guide places the lantern. You can feel some loose sticks on the floor but can make out little with your eyes.

A match flares from the corner of your eye and the light quickly intensifies. Von Türgyön has found a torch, mounted on the wall, and used it to shed light on the room. He finds two more torches and ignites them, as well, making everything clear. The table in the middle of the room appears to be an altar and the sticks you felt on the floor are actually bones. You can make out some skulls, both human and canine, in parts of the room and a chill runs down your spine.

Your guide, meanwhile, has found another door and moves to open it, his lantern back in hand. You stay close behind him and as his light shines on this adjacent room, you can see a gallows, built over a deep pit.

Von Türgyön enters the room, holding the lantern before him to light up his way. He stops before a small table and puts the lantern down, reading some papers on the table.

“It’s a list of people that were put to death in here. These names look familiar. Some may have been ancestors of the local villagers. Some were a part of the Lykin family itself.”

He moves the papers around and continues reading.

“I think these were written by Ludvig Lykin himself. The language has changed a bit, but I can interpret some of it. According to these papers, Lykin was successful in his experiments. He created some sort of wolf-man, but couldn’t control him. His wife and children were killed, but the wolf-man escaped. Lykin believed that it bred with the villagers and he spent the rest of his life attempting to hunt down and kill the offspring. But it wasn’t easy, since the creatures looked like regular people during the day, only transforming when the sun went down. He used these gallows to put people to death, noting that their transformation would take place after being lynched. He killed dozens of people. Some were the true descendants of the wolf-man. But others were not. The town elders demanded that he stop. But Lykin believed the entire town had been infiltrated by wolf-men and continued doing his work. He feared that the descendants would spread and potentially infest the entire world.

“As a last resort, he turned to black magic. He cursed his own castle so that the power of the wolf-men would lie dormant everywhere else in the world. Only under this roof and under the cover of darkness would their transformation take place. Additionally, if any wolf-man were to enter the castle, no one could leave until they were killed. But it wasn’t Lykin who would kill them. For to fulfill the curse, he had to follow an order, which he writes was given to him by the devil himself. Lykin had to take his own life, spill his own blood on the altar, in order to complete the pact.”

The castle rumbles. Von Türgyön looks up and then looks at his watch.

“My goodness, I’ve lost track of time. It’s getting late, so we’d better get back to the tour bus and go back into town.”

You all trot back upstairs, through the study and towards the entrance of the castle. The large iron door leading out has mysteriously closed. You all lean against the door, but it won’t move an inch, despite your best efforts. It’s almost as if some force were pushing against it from the outside.

Von Türgyön leads you to another exit, but it, too, can not be opened.

“Crap. I think we’re stuck here for the night. I know there’s another door out of here somewhere, but I can’t remember where it might be. There are a number of bedrooms on the second floor. We’ll sleep in them tonight and in the morning, we can try the doors again or look for another way out.”

You all move upstairs and find empty rooms where you can spend the night. You walk into one of the rooms, closing the door behind you. The dusty old mattress isn’t terribly comfortable, but it’s a fair resting place. You sleep anxiously through the night, ready to get out of this place as soon as the sun comes up.

Sending the roles out now. The rest of the story will follow.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, I wasn't exactly planning on spending the night. I wonder if some of my tour fee can be reduced since I'm not spending the night in the hotel..."

turgy22

Nothing Special
When the first light of dawn comes through the narrow windows, you rise quickly and move into the hall. EricBess looks confused and unkempt. His shirt is not buttoned properly and his pants are on backward. You all move towards the room where his butlers stayed to find that they were killed during the night. Their bodies have been slashed apart and fleshed ripped from their bones.

You leave the room, horrified, anxious to escape, but your guide is missing. You all move toward the door of von Türgyön's room and slowly open it. Inside, you find the remains of another victim. Blood stains the sheets of the bed and the stones of the wall. Pieces of flesh litter the hard cold floor. Is that a finger, you wonder? Perhaps it’s best not to know. Then you see his head, mostly intact, eyes bulging and mouth agape in a silent scream.

You all flee the room and run for the door outside, but again, it will not open. You scurry around the castle looking for any other way out. But all the doors remain tightly closed and the windows are too narrow to fit through. You look for a passage to the roof, but find none. Eventually, you find yourselves in the study, peering down the long dark hall that leads to the altar and gallows.

What if Lykin’s curse remains? And what if his fears came to pass? Perhaps the wolf-man’s blood has passed through time and found itself in some of you. And now you are trapped within the castle walls until that blood is spilled. You think it’s crazy, but what if it’s true? Slowly, you begin marching down to the gallows and now you must find those who carry the wolf-man’s blood.

The first day begins.

For this game, a majority will be required to hang someone. With nine players, one person will require FIVE votes to be lynched. If a majority is not reached, no hanging will take place.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, I'm sure none of my ancestors were this Lykinthrop guy, so it's not me.

Now I * really* want a full refund."

Melkor

"Well, this is just dreadful! I don't suppose von Turgyon left a well stocked pantry? I'd hate to make any important decisions on an empty stomach."

D

DarthFerret

Darthferret tugs on Ransac's sleeve and points to the body, then pats his hands up and down his own body.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Melkor;291868 said:
"Well, this is just dreadful! I don't suppose von Turgyon left a well stocked pantry? I'd hate to make any important decisions on an empty stomach."
Glutton! Yesterday you feasted on some poor, innocent birds. Then last night you feasted on von Türgyön. Will your appetite never be sated?

Melkor

"Actually I went to bed quite full, that fried chicken really knocked me out. Slept great the whole night. What I would like to know is why EricBess's pants are out of order. He looks a little frazzled, I wonder what he was up to last night."

M

Modus Pwnens

Oh no! How are we ever getting out of here without our guide?
I.. I...

*gasps, then starts breathing in a plastic bag*

E

EricBess

Something is wrong, very wrong. The blood of the wolves have returned to the castle. One of them attacked my butler last night while the other clearly went after our host.

My dreams were restless before the attack. I am apparently a decendant of wolf hunters and as long as there is another with normal blood, the wolves can't touch me. I tried to fight them last night, but I am too weak to be a threat to them either. The wolves I think sense this, so I think it is best that everyone knows up front.

There is another here who is special. I sensed it yesterday, but didn't understand until last night. If both he and I focus all of our effort, we can reveal the identy of these fowl beasts. He is not hunter blood as myself and must maintain his identity as secret, but we must focus together. I have no suspicions, but it is better to know who is not a wolf as well, so I will focus tonight on Spiderman.

Unforunately, I will not know the results as I am hunter blood and it is he that is seer blood.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
What? You are one of the hunters? So you know all about this madness.... How do we know you aren't part of all this wolfness?

R

rokapoke

Yeah, this whole "hunter" thing is a convenient excuse. I think the werewolves didn't touch him because they're not particularly likely to hurt their own kind. After all, nobody else woke up disheveled and surrounded by death.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<shrug> "Do whatever you have to do. You'll find I'm clean; like I said before, none of my ancestors are this Lykin guy.

While being in this castle could have triggered this "wolfiness", I find it more interesting that rokapoke immediately casts doubts on his story..."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You large lump of lard! Don't touch me! Give me a cigarette.

*Ransac takes a drag from the cigarette.*

What are you looking at?

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

Spiderman;291922 said:
I find it more interesting that rokapoke immediately casts doubts on his story...
Hey dude, I get a little touchy knowing that I'm locked in this castle with a murderous beast. Maybe you're cool with that, but I don't need this right now.

D

DarthFerret

*surveys the gathering of assorted peoples, looks at Ransac and shrugs, then watches everyone and listens to what they are saying*

turgy22

Nothing Special
The deadline for voting will be the end of the day next Monday, June 14. That'll give everyone a full week (and then some) to add more discussion and make a decision.

Remember that everyone MUST VOTE and a majority (5) will be required to force a lynch.

Also, please put your vote in the subject line of the post, so it's easy for me to go back and count them.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac smacks DarthFerret across the chest.*

Look at that guy huffing from a bag.... I bet it's coated with some paint thinner and oink.

*Ransac and DF nod at each other before approaching MP for handouts.*

Ransac, cpa trash man