Werewolf

E

EricBess

Oops, sorry about that. I just looked back and his vote was right after orgg's, so I think I must have still been processing that as I wrote Spidey's vote down. I've corrected it in my records.

In the case of a tie, the dissenting voter (that's you in this case, Spidey) needs to PM me their tie-breaking vote. You have no choice but to break the tie, but they don't have to post it here in case someone else decides to change their vote. If someone does change their vote and your tie breaker isn't necessary anymore, then I won't reveal what you sent me. Although in this case...I'm not sure not revealing matters much :D

Note that this is a good reason to try to have an odd number of players on day...if that doesn't happen in a future game, then the tie maybe could be a double hanging...I'm not sure what the implication of a double-hanging is on the game. On the surface, it seems to be better for the werewolves, but it's not clear that it is.

O

orgg

Spiderman hangs.

Just call it a gut feeling, and not being able to find any rope around. Spidy can make 'is own rope.

B

BigBlue

Spiderman

Orgg. You won't be disappointed. Sagerider, enjoy your last meal, for you shall hang on the morrow.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
orgg: You're going on "gut instinct"? With my life in the balance? I sure hope you can live with yourself when my innocent blood is spilled. Heck, if all you need is rope for BigBlue, I'm sure I have some back in my house.

S

sageridder

BigBlue has implicated what like five different players, doesn't sound like much divination but more like shifting attention to others.The whole seer thing is a cover only claimed after limited was gone, and he's luckly enough to have only divined players still in it at this point in the game out of the eight others he might have pretty lucky indeed.For a while I suspected it was he and oversoul, but I think it's a more clever plan than that.Oversoul was a soild vote for spiderman, orgg was on BigBlue like a pitbull on a poodle.Since BigBadWolf was claiming to be seer the only clear path for the wolves was to sacrifice the other werewolf spiderman.BigBlue keeps tieing me to spiderman (like orgg was to melkor) sacrifices spiderman and that puts the lock in.If he gives us a real wolf who would not belive him to be the seer, nice little insurance policy.So spiderman gets hung and he just picks oversoul or orgg overnight leaving me holding the bag or in this case the noose holding me.A clever plan choosing control over aggro I only fear I have realized this to late to matter much, go back and reread everything. I'm not a wolf but I may become one's midnight snack.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
sageridder said:
I'm not a wolf but I may become one's midnight snack.
Well, not tonight at least. If you're telling the truth, it would be suicide for BigBlue to kill you tonight, since you're the one he has claimed he is sure is the other werewolf.

I'm still not certain of anything, but if BigBlue is a werewolf, this was a particularly daring and complex gambit. He had to convince me and Orgg (who was already against him) that he was telling the truth, then he'd sacrifice Spiderman (who would have to play along and vote for him hoping that the plan would work) and kill Orgg or myself and THEN hope that the one he didn't kill continued to believe him and cast a vote in your direction tomorrow.

It all seems so risky, especially without any assurance that it would get as far as it has...

S

sageridder

oversoul said:
without any assurance that it would get as far as it has
Yeah but it was allready down to the final 5 when he claimed seer so not so daring as much as useing the only way for them to get us to kill each other off.

oversoul said:
He had to convince me and Orgg (who was already against him) that he was telling the truth
You were voteing spiderman and orgg was going bigblue when the sudden revolation of him being seer happened,I was the odd man out.If they knew one was going out depending on how I voted then I had to be the one to throw doubt on.One of them was going, look back at the posts bigblue had assumed seer so it had to be spiderman to fall on his sword.And the assurance was or is simple if bigblue hands over a wolf he has fit fiction to the facts and looks to be the seer.Both wolves don't have to be alive to be a wolf victory we are being played.Please reread it's all there if you look for it.

Edit Oh if bigbad wants to cast more doubt my way I didn't reply to this earlier because I live in the northeast and the power and cable were on and off all day.I got on a couple times yesterday but was cut off again before submitting a responce.After a couple tries I just shut down for the day not wanting to fry my computer.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I still don't know. I can't deny the possibility that BigBlue is lying and a werewolf, just as I can't deny the possibility that you are a werewolf and trying to get me to hang the seer. There's high risk involved at some point no matter which way it really is. I suppose such is the nature of werewolves.

But what do you hope to accomplish? Even if you're telling the truth, Spiderman would be the other werewolf. If we hang BigBlue and he is telling the truth, we lose everything now. But if we hang Spiderman now, there's still only one werewolf left (this doesn't account for The Orgg being a werewolf, but I no longer suspect him). Perhaps you disagree, but between all of you, it seems that Spiderman is most likely a werewolf. I of course know I am not one and I really don't think The Orgg is either. If you are not a werewolf, that leaves BigBlue and Spiderman. If BigBlue isn't a werewolf, then he's pretty much guaranteed to be telling the truth about being a seer, and you and Spiderman are both werewolves.

I believe Spiderman is a werewolf. I have his accomplice narrowed down to one of two individuals (if this is all some clever trick to distract my attention from The Orgg, then I'm pretty much done for, but I'm willing to take that risk), and it is very unlikely that anything happening after this point will reveal which one of you I should believe (BigBlue laid his cards on the table first and your reaction would seem the most predictable one I can think of, but it's still plausible).

Regardless of which one of you (Sageridder or BigBlue) is secretly trying to kill me, your accomplice would be Spiderman. I'll opt to hang the evil that's already been rooted out before I sort out the identity of Spiderman's companion.

And so, in conclusion, whichever of you is truly human: even if you convince me, I might be slaughtered tonight. Then it will be The Orgg you must convince. I pray that he makes the right decision (whatever it is) and saves what is left of our village.

Now then, let's hang Spiderman: the first in what could be a pair of successful werewolf lynchings.

E

EricBess

Sorry for not posting last night... On to Dusk...

Again, the air is very tense. It is heavy on everyone's minds that if another villager is hanged tonight, then the werewolves will pretty much finish everyone off in the night. Are we all done for or is there still a chance to rid this town of the menace that is these werewolves? The noose is slowly lowered over Spiderman's head, but before we kick the box, let's give him a moment for final words.

I'm assuming that Spiderman will be online today. I'm getting ready to head to work, so I'll give Spiderman that time to give his final words.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Silence will not save you, Spiderman. The sun is setting, but I'll kick this box out from under you before you can transform. So give us your last words and be done with it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(Sorry guys, I was off Friday)

You guys are making a mistake! I'm not a werewolf! You're spilling more innocent bloo...

Arrggggg!

<mmmmrgggrrwwwwllfff>

So you pathetic humans caught me. No matter, my cohort will tear the rest of you from limb to limb! I won't be able to join in the final feast, but I take pleasure in knowing that I helped four manlings from polluting this earth. Rrwwol, and you taste just like chicken too. Aaaarooooo...

<snap>

E

EricBess

Sorry, got delayed.

So, the night has ended and a werewolf is slain. The villagers breath a collective sigh of relief and go back to their homes. Sleep is peaceful this night...Um...well, for everyone except Oversoul who forgets to wake up due to the fact that his head has been separated from his body and all of his limbs are now missing.

Turns out the second werewolf has not been deterred by the hanging and there is still work to do...

S

sageridder

Well just the three of us left.I've said why BigBlue is the wolf and he has laid claim that I am the wolf.I vote for him and I assume he votes for me.Don't know what else to say orgg except go back and look at what has been said.The only thing BigBlue and I agree on is that you aren't the wolf so our fates are in your hands.

B

BigBlue

Sagerider

Wolf Sagerider, I'm shocked you would choose to disembowel my biggest supporter, rather than take your revenge on me for pointing out you and your partner.

Orgg, I offer you the following. I will acquiesce to be put on the gallows and hung second, or with a second set of gallows should one be found. I am that positive that sagerider is a werewolf.

Oversoul, you did not deserve the fate which was meant for me. I am sorry that in sagerider's vain attempt to dissuade Orgg he chose you instead of me. Your only crime was believing in me more than orgg.

If you have any questions or tasks for me, I shall answer them, otherwise I will be busy making a memorial for those taken by the wolves.

O

orgg

Sageridder.

Limited put a target on you... and died. Oversoul also painted a target on you... and died.

I'm going to paint a target on you, and hopefully the third time is the charm.

S

sageridder

Limited's last vote actually was for you,Oversoul's last vote was for spiderman and his 2nd to last post was undesided but leaning towards me I'll grant you, but he even added it might be a clever trick by you.I don't see those as painting a target on me then dieing.The BigBlue Wolf has Pulled you in with assurances of what, put up a second noose if I'm lieing that's not gonna happen, eating spagetti with garlic isn't that for vampires not werewolves.False promises. You're sealing our fates here He and the web head killed off Limited and usurped his position as seer.This is gonna end badly, The truth is there find it.He had to kill Oversoul he was 60/40 against me, you on the other hand had pulled a full 180 from voteing for BigBadWolf.This is gonna end badly if you don't look at who voted for who who implacated who and who went away.It took me a while to realise it was spiderman and not oversoul but bigblue is a wolf.

B

BigBlue

Sagerider

Orgg, you won't be disappointed.

Sagerider the wolf, any last requests?

E

EricBess

It seems like the game is probably over, for better or for worse. However, Dusk falls on Thursday, so I'll give until tomorrow to sway the votes.

S

sageridder

BigBlue said:
Sagerider

Orgg, you won't be disappointed.

Sagerider the wolf, any last requests?
Won't be disappointed.Nice word play, he won't have time to be disappointed because as soon as my neck is stretched you won't need to hide any longer and will attack.BigBad is creating a fiction to account for the facts.Why do you think Limited was so on him about being the seer.Why do you think limited was killed right after. IF I was a wolf it would benefit me to have two people claiming to be seer to discredit the real seer, BigBlue is the wolf killing Limited opened a path for him to lay claim to be seer.Yes BigBlue has saved you, saved you for last.

B

BigBlue

Sagerider

I can only say this. I see very little flaw in any of your arguement. Except the fact you are lying. If I were the werewolf, I am not sure I would have played things much different except that I would have eaten Orgg last night, since he has been the hardest to convince. I do not think you could have done anything to sway Oversoul to not hang you, the guilty party. It of course would have been a huge gamble to claim to be the seer though, when still more than half the players were playing. It actually played into my favor as seer having accidentally slipped it early in the game.

You chose to eat limited, when he claimed I was the seer. I mistakingly read this as he was a werewolf outing me, but you as a wolf, read it as him being the seer and pointing at me to protect himself. I played right into that, by worrying I would be dead and playing that I was not the seer.

I was of course very surprised to wake up the next morning. Having been absolutely certain in my mind that Orgg and Limited were the werewolves and I was as good as dead, only to find that Limited had been eaten, and I had observed Orgg all night, he slept like a baby and was not in fact a werewolf. Then, with only the 5 players left, I knew exactly who was a villager and who was a werewolf, and they were people I'd never suspected previously. Which made me feel like a complete fool.

Congratulations on a game well played, however you lost and will be hung, creature of the night.