Werewolf

Melkor

"What a fool I was, thinking to blame my blighted crops, my leaky roof, and my strange perversions on some sort of outside force. Truly, I was the monster the entire time, perhaps not the monster you all think I am but when hysteria broke out in the village, I was first in line to point the finger. To accuse others, and quickly rush to judgement, leaving myself feeling powerful and strong. For surely, if the one that I accused had died, it would have been proof of my superior morality, yet in making the accusation, I realize it was a sign of my moral weakness. Do not fall into the same trap that I have, rather than simply hanging someone everyday, look to other solutions, for surely we have advanced beyond this petty barbarism. Neighbor against neighbor, this is a new era, there is time to discover new soluti... GURGH!" Melkor sways on the rope vainly trying to breathe. He is however, able to convey a message in sign language to those who know how to read it, "Why don't you guy's use a drop hanging, done right, it's quicker than lethal injection?"

O

orgg

*sniff!

Poor, poor Limited. He smelled the wolf on Big Blue, and there he goes... out of the black, and into the Big Blue.

Limited said:
Are you claiming to have some 'insight' into these matters?
Big Blue knows that Oversoul is not a Werewolf. Why? He's one of the werewolves himself. He indeed has insight, but not of the aethrial kind. He has insight of the furred kind.

VOTE: Big Blue.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
*** Do you mean George is with us right now or will be next game, not next round? ***

Alas... perhaps we did rush to judgement. We have hanged an innocent fellow so perhaps he spoke the truth... he was imprisoning orgg because he knew orgg WAS a werewolf. Although he was wrong about poor Limited being a werewolf... so I'll go with Oversoul, as he seemed to watch Melkor's hanging with just a wee bit too much "satisfaction".

B

BigBlue

Spiderman

Hmmm... Alas poor Limited, we barely knew him...

Poor Melkor Twas not of the Wolves either. With only Oversoul, Spiderman, Orgg, Sagerider, and oh yeah, myself left.... I am completely surprised. I was Certain that Limited was a werewolf and yet here he lies, dead at the hands of the wolves... I apologize my brother for ever doubting you.

Two of our villagers have been almost deadly silent. Afraid to draw attention to themselves. So, it is to these two that my attentions now turn. I forgive the Orgg for his false belief that I am a werewolf. Though I cannot prove it, I am sure that Spiderman and sagerider are the wolves who stalk us in the night. And I fear that if we do not hang one of them tonight, we will be overrun tomorrow.

I apologize to you Melkor and Limited, for I was unable to see the truth in your words, and falsely accused you of being wolves. I have been a false prophet, and now I hope to see the true light, and use it to expose our two wolfen friends, Spiderman and sagerider.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Silent? Nay, I have spoken out every time; in fact, I partied late into the night with you on the first night. Although for now I keep my vote for Oversoul...

B

BigBlue

Spiderman

Empty words, from an empty man - whose soul has been replaced with the spirit of the wolf.

S

sageridder

orgg said:
*sniff!

Poor, poor Limited. He smelled the wolf on Big Blue, and there he goes... out of the black, and into the Big Blue.

Big Blue knows that Oversoul is not a Werewolf. Why? He's one of the werewolves himself. He indeed has insight, but not of the aethrial kind. He has insight of the furred kind.

VOTE: Big Blue.
Orgg makes a good point when limited tried to hint that Big Blue is a wolf he gets snatched up into the night.I think Limited might have been the seer and was trying to trap BigBlue into falsely claiming to be seer.I didn't pick up on those hints at first but go back and reread I think Limited was trying to clue us onto BigBlue with exposing himself to the wolves.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I really don't know what to say. I thought Melkor was the werewolf. Clearly I was wrong. I suspect I was also wrong about BigBlue and Orgg when I suspected them earlier, although I guess I can't be sure about that...

What I am sure about is that I am not a werewolf. And Spiderman accuses me either out of malevolence or ignorance. Seeing as he voted for Melkor last round, I suspect he's simply making up an excuse to vote for me and attract attention to a new decoy. I watched Melkor's execution with the same "satisfaction" as the rest of you. I thought justice was being dealt at the time.

B

BigBlue

Spiderman

I'm going to lay it all on the line right now. I was NOT the false prophet. I know this is suicide, but I am the actual seer... There are 5 of us remaining, the two wolves (Spiderman & sagerider), and the two villagers I have wrongly spied upon (Oversoul and Orgg). I was a very poor seer, I know that now. But, you should hang Spiderman - then after sagerider kills me tonight, hang him. I promise you that you two will be spared. If you hang me now, they will surely win.

And while you may think this a BS ploy.... well, then let's hear it for wolves... because they will most definately win if I am hung tonight, then they kill one of you tonight, and then you are outnumbered 2 to 1.... I only wish I'd figured it out earlier, so that melkor and limited might have been spared my false accusations. Hang Spiderman, and if he is not a werewolf, hang me tomorrow, but I assure you he is a werewolf.

Oh what a wicked web we weave.... when at first we practice to decieve...

Oh, and before I die one way or the other, let me tell you that I never understood the complexity a simple game such as werewolf would create... I was sure it would be easy to tell who the perpetrators are... and now, I am equally certain that I am a fool. Not so much a seer as the village idiot.

S

sageridder

BigBlue said:
they will most definately win if I am hung tonight, then they kill one of you tonight, and then you are outnumbered 2 to 1....
Seems like a little fear mongering here, Don't hang me or you all shall perish.

BigBlue said:
hang me tomorrow
Sure but you know that if you get us to hang one of our own that will never happen.3 villagers and 2 wolves we hang a villager then it's 2 to 2 and the wolves turn to kill a villager making it 1 villager and 2 wolves game over man.Limited must have been the seer and died for trying to clue us in.Now you claim to be the seer, but only after there is no one to contradict you. I'm not sure who you're teamed with but you sir are a wolf.

E

EricBess

BigBlue - Spiderman
orgg - BigBlue
Oversoul - Spiderman
sagerrider - BigBlue
Spiderman - Oversoul

So, BigBlue currently has 2 votes and 2 for Spiderman. Oversoul has a vote as well, so we are currently looking at a tied situation.

There is still a bit of time before dusk.

B

BigBlue

Spiderman

Hang me with your own rope Orgg. If it is not enough that I was adamantly proposing that you were the Werewolf and then dropped that once nightfall came and I watched over you, then enjoy your final day. For I will die either way... Even if You or Oversoul were hung I will perish. But in order to see the light of next week, we must hang Spiderman tonight.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
EricBess said:
BigBlue - Spiderman
orgg - BigBlue
Oversoul - Spiderman
sagerrider - BigBlue
Spiderman - BigBlue

So, BigBlue currently has 3 votes and 2 for Spiderman. If we hang now, BigBlue is swinging in the breeze. However, there is still a bit of time before dusk.
Spiderman voted for me and I can't find a post where he changed it...

B

BigBlue

sageridder said:
....Limited must have been the seer and died for trying to clue us in...
Whose "us"? You mean the werewolves? You know, you and Spiderman. Villagers wouldn't have any malice towards the Seer - other than because they had an inept one... me. who kept spying on villagers instead of wolves, and amazingly enough, those 2 villagers are the only two "normal" villagers left... which just goes to show how inept I am as a seer. I even let the cat out of the bag early by making my "guarantee", which was obviously believed to be a ploy to detract attention by the wolves, since my accuser was slain that night. I weakly tried to retract my faux pas, but feared the damage had been done. I was more surprised to wake up this morning than ever.

But, when it comes to logic... I am pretty good. With 5 people left and having investigated 2 of the remaining ones, knowing I myself am not a werewolf, it isn't hard to deduce who actually is. Odd also that you are much more vehement that you are not a werewolf than Orgg who I falsely accused both first and second vote. As a clue, I changed my vote from Orgg after being so certain he WAS a werewolf both votes. He is not a werewolf but didn't ever mind being accused, unlike yourself and spiderman... who have done everything in your power to not draw attention to yourselves, until your victory is within grasp. You've been exposed by the seer...

I know you two will vote for me if not in the village, then in your secret Full Moon meeting... It's Orgg I need to convince... And not for my own life, which is forfeit, but for his and for Oversoul's.

The role of a seer is not survival, but the survival of the other villagers.

So, I emphatically continue to vote for Spiderman - who, as oversoul pointed out, has not publicly voted for me...

I see the votes as:

sagerider - BigBlue
Orgg - BigBlue
Spiderman - Oversoul
BigBlue - Spiderman
Oversoul - Spiderman

Spiderman is I'm sure voting for me, but only in his secret ballot with sagerider, his fellow lycanthrope... not yet publicly.

**God, I love this game... and I've only played it once, and very poorly at that. If we had enough players, it'd be interesting to do a version with Vampires and Werewolves, Underworld style (ie a war). But I think you'd need 15 players or so to do it right.**

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It strikes me that Spiderman will likely change his vote (even if he isn't a werewolf, it protects him to vote for BB and increase the ratio of votes for BigBlue to votes for him). And if he doesn't, and Orgg keeps his vote for BigBlue, then BigBlue hangs. And if he isn't a werewolf, that means he was telling the truth and we lose.

But if he is a werewolf, that means I really have no clue who the other werewolf is. Meanwhile, I look really bad as I am the only one who fell for BB's ploy. Not as damning as the first scenario, but still looking very bad for me as I might get killed by the wolves tonight or hanged tomorrow.

Right and doomed or wrong and in big trouble? Oh well. I'm keeping my vote on the off chance that Orgg changes his AND BigBlue is telling the truth. But I probably should have thought this through earlier.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mind being accused, I was just clarifying that I was not silent during all of this. During the first round when we voted for Melkor, no had even thrown my name in the ring so there really wasn't any need to post further. Maybe that's seen as a strike against me <shrug>

** What DOES happen in a tie? **

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
There was a tie last round between Melkor and The Orgg. So we had Sageridder act as a tie-breaker since he was the only one not voting for the tied individuals. I guess if we followed that procedure this time, you would act as a tiebreaker to determine which to hang: Bigblue or yourself. I wonder which option you'd pick if it came to that...