Spiderman
sageridder
BigBlue
Oversoul
Limited
TomB
orgg
Melkor

I have randomly determined 2 werewolves and 1 seer and will be contacting them via PM. The werewolves will know who each other is.

If you are a werewolf or the Seer, I will need to hear back from you concerning who you will kill (if you are a werewolf) or who you will "see" if you are the Seer.

Then, I will announce here who was killed at night by the werewolves. Once that happens, you will need to start discussing who should be hung as a werewolf. Remember, there is no option. The villagers must hang someone.

As a special rule for online play, I am asking that as the subject of your post, you put the name of the person you want to vote for to hang as a werewolf. If you later change your mind, just put a new post with a new person as the subject and I will take the last vote from each player to determine who to hang.

For now, I will contact each of you with more specific instructions.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
What's the time frame for voting? Will you wait for everyone to vote before the hangings commence? Or will there be a deadline?

E

EricBess

There will need to be a deadline (no pun intended...or was there?), which will probably be about a week...Depending upon how often people are on, maybe a tad more because I think everyone needs to be able to see what other people say and change their vote accordingly if they want to. As the game progresses and there are fewer players, we can maybe shorted the deadline a bit.

When I post the results of what happened at night, I will also post the deadline for voting.

E

EricBess

Judging by the PM confirmations, looks like pretty much everyone has been online and now knows their status. The werewolves and the Seer have their information. I might be lying, but if I am and you hadn't been on previously, for goodness sake don't say anything or everyone will know you aren't either a werewolf or a seer :D

So, morning comes and the light of dawn breaks over the countryside. It's just an ordinary day. Certainly, there are no werewolves roaming through the village. After all, if there were werewolves, there would be a villager that wasn't waking up this morning. Right TomB? Um...TomB...are you okay? Why are your entrails spread around your front room TomB?

Oh dear me...it looks as if we do have a couple of werewolves at work...Someone's going to hang for this...Call a town meeting and everyone start pointing fingers to see what shakes loose. You have until nightfall (end of day Friday, the 13th - seems fitting) to decide who you are going to hang.

So, here's what everyone should do now. Make accusations, point fingers, and explain whatever logic you feel you have for who you want to hang. The more talk that gets going, the more likely the werewolves might tip their hands and give you a clue to their identity.

In practical terms, when you post in this thread, put as the subject the name of the person that you are voting to hang, then the body of the post can contain any rational behind your decision. If you get swayed by someone else's argument, feel free to post again with a new name in the subject. By end of day next Friday, I will simply take the last person you mentioned as your vote on who to hang. Majority rules.

Remember that you also have the "protection" of the seer...assuming the seer survives long enough to give you any useful information. Dead men tell no tales (and shouldn't post any meaningful observations, though they are welcome to tag along) and I'm sure the werewolves wouldn't mind leaving the seer alive should the seer choose to announce himself. Right werewolves?

For those less familiar with the game, the seer has during the night kept an eye on one of the people in the village and knows whether that person is a werewolf or a villager.

So, let the fun begin...

B

BigBlue

I don't know about anyone else, but I can tell you that something has got to be done about this Werewolf situation. It's getting to where a person can't get sleep at night, what with all the howling, dead livestock, and now dead people!

Where were YOU at midnight last night? I was down at the local tavern and I saw some of you there... but unfortunately I was too drunk to remember who they were... :D

I'm withholding my vote for the moment.

Melkor

A horrible murder like this calls for swift and decisive action! We must use this opportunity of mass hysteria to rid the village of social undesirab... Werewolves! That's it, that's the ticket, Werewolves. Anyway, there are two Werewolves, and I noticed that two of us spell our names without capitalizing the first letter. orgg and sageridder. See how horrible that looks on your screen? If they're different in that way, then they are also almost certainly different in that they turn into Werewolves at night. Why orgg rather than sageridder? His name sounds more Werewolvy.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I don't know who the werewolves are. But I can tell you who the werewolves are not. They are not TomB and myself. If TomB were a werewolf, his entrails wouldn't be spread across the floor. And if I were a werewolf, I should think I would know about it...

But that still leaves six of you under suspicion. So, by process of elimination...

Well, BigBlue withheld his vote. A werewolf would do just that, so that he could wait until he saw who was under the most suspicion, then join the mob...

Except that a werewolf would know that we understand this...

But a smart werewolf would use that against us. BigBlue is a smart werewolf. Pretending to be drunk. He was at the tavern alright: the tavern of slaughtering TomB!

S

sageridder

Yeah I saw him at the tavern, watchin us always watchin over his ale like he was waitin for somthin.Then he ran out sayin he was gonna be sick, when i went out to make water I was mindfull of this so as not to step in the sick.I tell ya what brothers there was no sick outside and no BigBlue to be seen or heard of.Wonder on this mayhapse he dosn't rember not because of strong drink but instead because when the madness overtakes him he cannot or willnot recall the grizzly deeds he does.

L

Limited

Is it me, or is sageridder a little bit too eager in confirming someone else's accusation? I also makes me doubt Oversouls' intentions, but for now I am sticking with sageridder

B

BigBlue

Oh, I see how it is, I talk first, and because of that I'm getting condemned.... I was merely witholding my vote pending some discussion...

Well, Oversoul is right about one thing, he is not a werewolf. I can guarantee you that! But he is absolutely wrong about my love/hate relationship with the moon.

As for this suspicous Orgg character... he seems awfully quiet considering he was the first one accused. Come to think of it, I heard him arguing with TomB last week, and his breath sometimes smells at least as bad as a dogs!

B

BigBlue

sageridder said:
Yeah I saw him at the tavern, watchin us always watchin over his ale like he was waitin for somthin.Then he ran out sayin he was gonna be sick, when i went out to make water I was mindfull of this so as not to step in the sick.I tell ya what brothers there was no sick outside and no BigBlue to be seen or heard of.Wonder on this mayhapse he dosn't rember not because of strong drink but instead because when the madness overtakes him he cannot or willnot recall the grizzly deeds he does.
And for the record... The fresh air made me feel better and I took an evening stroll. Luckilly for me I wasn't anywhere near TomB's house, or it might have been my entrails in the street instead of his.

And to PROVE I'm no wolf, I'll eat spaghetti, heavy on the garlic! Using authentic silverware of actual silver... I challenge Orgg to do the same to clear his name.

S

sageridder

Hmm... BigBlue makes a good point about being first accused and not defending one's self.Tiss true enough I only saw him leave not any true evidence of foul deeds.I retract my vote and will wait to see what proof is offered from others to deside.

L

Limited

BigBlue said:
Well, Oversoul is right about one thing, he is not a werewolf. I can guarantee you that!
Are you claiming to have some 'insight' into these matters?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, Oversoul is right about one thing, he is not a werewolf. I can guarantee you that! But he is absolutely wrong about my love/hate relationship with the moon.
Well, good enough for me. If he knows that I am not a werewolf, that must mean he isn't a werewolf either.

Orgg, on the other hand, hasn't spoke in his own defense yet, as he is too busy licking TomB's blood off his own fingertips!

O

orgg

Arrgh! Melkor shut me in his cellar a few days ago! A dastardly deed, indeed! He and BigBlue knew who to go towards to hang-- the guy that couldn't defend himself until he found a shovel under some shampoo and dug his way out!

Big Blue and Melkor are the Wolves, and I say let's go for Big Blue first!

VOTE: Big Blue

Melkor

Of course I put you in my basement, it's what any sane person would do with a werewolf! You'll notice that he dug his way out, and what kind of creature likes to dig? That's right, werewolves.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Werewolves dig? I thought that was moles. If I'm not mistaken, werewolves generally lurk. Who here is a lurker? Melkor!

S

sageridder

Limited said:
Are you claiming to have some 'insight' into these matters?
Well with all the finger pointing going on someone's more interested to figure out who's the seer.The seer who could help us is a threat only to the werewolves.Of course now the most obvious cover up for this would be if he next claims to be the seer.

L

Limited

I was just waiting to see if someone would challenge BigBlue's claim of being a seer.. which nobody has, so I tend to believe he is one. This would mean that Oversoul is also just a Villager.

So, I am changing my vote and following BigBlue's hunch.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* Dang this weekends off and Friday's off... I missed a lot of good stuff there *

* staggers in the town square/tavern/wherever everyone is

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't locked in any basement but had one of the worst hangovers EVER from that night of drinking with BigBlue and just recovered. So although I'm not sure BB is a werewolf, we were out pretty late and getting hammered and I don't even think he would have had time to change and be sober enough to get anyone. So I'll go with Melkor too because what sane, normal person locks up people in basements? Even if he isn't a werewolf, that sort of thing is just freaky to begin with...