Werewolf

B

BigBlue

Orgg

I see you did not accept my challenge. The reason I guarantee it is not Oversoul is that I owed him some money for drinks, and paid him in Silver Dollars which he did not wince at. He did offer some keen insight on Orgg however. I'm wondering if in fact he is the Seer. Me, I'm far too atheistic to garner any insight into the spiritual world.

E

EricBess

Okay, so every couple of days, I'll post a synopsis of what's happened. It will be alphabetical, not chronological, but will be a single place you can look for how the votes currently stand and some brief voting history that might be of interest.

It will also give everyone a chance to make sure I didn't miss anything anywhere.

BigBlue - orgg
Melkor - orgg
Limited - sagerrider, orgg
orgg - BigBlue
Oversoul - BigBlue, orgg, Melkor
sagerrider - BigBlue, Limited
Spiderman - Melkor

Giving the following for number of current votes:
BigBlue - 1
Melkor - 2
Limited - 1
orgg - 3
Oversoul - 0
sagerrider - 0
Spiderman - 0

Looks like orgg and Melkor might have some explaining to do about where they were last night. Still, plenty of time for debate yet.

O

orgg

I was trying to get out of the ground! His basement is locked tight with steel re-inforced metal, and he knocked me unconcious before shoving me into that hole in the ground!

Melkor was going to trot me out just in time to hang after convincing everybody that I'm a werewolf! Hang Me, and neither Melkor or Big Blue will leave us this night-- and you will KNOW who the wolves are!

VOTE-- MELKOR!
(and Big Blue, after tonight!)

B

BigBlue

Orgg

Orgg knows to vote for me is a wasted vote - because he has another way to deal with me, in a different vote.... with Limited... I of course have no proof of this, but I hope the seer will verify that these 2 are Werewolves soon. So that we can rest in peace once again in our village. Free from those who change with the lunar cycle.

L

Limited

With me? I am voting for him!

This, of course, could be a devious ploy but I just not that smart. I say we tally the votes now, burn the Orgg and go to sleep so that BigBlue can see for himself that I am just a villager.

O

orgg

Melkor and Big Blue are the wolves! He's trying to rope me with someone else-- and he picked someone who is voting for me-- a fatal mistake!

VOTE: MELKOR!

Melkor

You know, I really did just accuse orgg because I'm prejudiced against people who don't use proper capitalization. Which doesn't mean he's not a werewolf, but having observed the conversation and returned to my basement, where in addition to the chains and whips (what I do in the privacy of my own home is nobody elses business), I also keep a sophisticated supercomputer, which I mostly use as a matchmaking device, but I had it run through the numbers, and it spit out Limited. So I'm going to change my vote, I mean the machine does have a %70 accuracy rate with matchmaking, I'm sure the programming carrys over. I mean, Limited scored very high on the four levels of lycanthropy.

L

Limited

@Melkor:Huh? You are going from one random vote to another? If you are going to vote for me, at least have some kind of reason..

Like, I am voting for the Orgg because BigBlue is, and I think he made it clear he is the seer.

When are we going to light the fire, anyway?

E

EricBess

BigBlue - orgg
Melkor - orgg, Limited
Limited - sagerrider, orgg
orgg - BigBlue, Melkor
Oversoul - BigBlue, orgg, Melkor
sagerrider - BigBlue, Limited
Spiderman - Melkor

Giving the following for number of current votes:
BigBlue - 0
Melkor - 3
Limited - 2
orgg - 2
Oversoul - 0
sagerrider - 0
Spiderman - 0

I was going to wrap this up early, but it looks like we have some last minute action going on. At the moment, Melkor is getting the noose. I think at this point, it's a matter of last-minute posturing...However, Dusk is approaching, and at 5:00 PST, there will simply need to be a hanging.

Melkor

Alright, alright, I was trying to wildly accuse someone else and see if it shook some people up but either people didn't see it or remained silent, or maybe I'm just foolish. Anyway, I'm going back to my original vote of orgg.

B

BigBlue

Hmm.... Now this is very interesting... I am beginning to believe that the werewolves are voting for each other...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Maybe they're so paranoid that they'll kill their own kind. The monsters...

Well. What do we do now that the vote is tied?

E

EricBess

Since sagerrider is the only one not voting for the tied players, I have asked him to send me the deciding vote in a PM. However, I am not requiring him to change his vote unless he wants to, so he doesn't have to post here. There is still over 2 hours for someone to change their vote, in which case, I will not reveal sagerrider's tie-breaking vote.

E

EricBess

The final vote is in and Melkor will be hung for his hideous crime of being a werewolf.

Now we invite Melkor to give any last words and to reveal his true nature.

E

EricBess

Okay...I didn't get a chance to update this before I left work, so I asked Katherine to do it for me while I was on the road and I didn't have time for anything significant...

Melkor can still post a brief final word if he likes, but in the interest in keeping things going, I'm going to fill in the rest of the blanks.

The air around the big oak tree is fairly grave and somber as dusk approaches. Everyone is in a hurry to get this over with, but the fact remains that locking someone in the basement could indeed translate to keeping a midnight snack in the pantry. Like it or not, Melkor stands accused of being a werewolf.

He quickly blurts out his parting comments (to be posted by him later) and the noose is placed roughly around his neck as he is forced to step up onto the box serving as a makeshift gallows.

Once his words are over, everyone decides that as he was the one imprisoned in the basement, orgg is the one that is allowed to kick the box out from under Melkor's feet.

The deed is done quickly. There is much twitching and squirming...and that's just from everyone watching, waiting for Melkor to make his final transformation back to his true form....

And waiting...and waiting...hmm....

Okay, well, I guess they can't all be werewolves...oops...

E

EricBess

Suddenly, there is a shrill howl that goes up in the air...The werewolves are on the prowl again...Everyone tries to look around to see who is at their side, but the panick of the moment is too much and no one really gets a good view of who is still there and who has snuck off into the night. For some reason, it suddenly seems more important to quickly get back to their homes and to close and lock the doors...

E

EricBess

Night is long and very little sleep is had. However, for one poor unfortunate soul, it appears that flight wasn't quick enough last night...

The body is too far mutilated to make a positive ID, but by the time everyone gathers and takes count, it is clear that poor Limited will not be joining us for today's round of voting...

E

EricBess

***NOTE*** It occured to me earlier that we should invite one more person to play with us next round. We'll call him "George" and he will automatically be the first victim of the werewolves. The only downside I can see of this is that the werewolves will not be able to "get lucky" by eliminating the seer the first night. The obvious upside is that everyone will get to play at least one day...I have to say, I felt a bit bad for poor TomB...

E

EricBess

As far as I can tell, everyone posts off and on during the week. There are some people who post mostly over the weekend, but there are also a couple of people who post only during the week. So, I'm going to switch up a bit and having Thursday be the switch point. Discuss as you will and all voting will end next Thursday when a werewolf will be hung (hopefully).