Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The symbols are not themselves magical, nor do they state anything about the urn itself being magical. They are a label indicating the contents of the urn. All that would required to use the urn is to open it.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
West is the direction you guys just came from (via the corridor). There's a closed door to the south and a barricaded door to the east. I'll post a new map section...

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, the last map just had "junk" to the east. I missed that there was a door there; I thought the barricaded one was to the south

"Since it appears there are two doors, shall we check out the one that the greenskins *didn't* guard against? Let's make sure that way is clear before attempting to confront whatever's behind the east door."

So Dorgath will listen at the south door.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"There's something behind these doors! If the greenskins weren't afraid of it/them, it's either more of them or something they could handle. And if they can handle it, there's no doubt we can too!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The power phase is 3 for this turn.

Nothing comes out. However, three orcs in a pit see the door open and turn their bows on you. Oddly, there is no floor on the other side of the door. Just a sheer drop into the pit. And there's something else in here: a minotaur. The body is like a man's but inhumanly muscular and far larger. The head is that of a great bull. This minotaur wields a huge club and roars at you...

"I will feast on your viscera!"

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath closes the door while we think of our plan of action.

"What do you think guys? Greenskins and an abomination of chaos shouldn't be allowed to roam free... but does any of us have missile weapons to take care of them from up here? There was a door in that west wall, but not sure how to get there, as there's just this east door here... unless it wraps around and descends. Should we try the east door?"

turgy22

Nothing Special
Questions:
1) Is there an obvious exit from the pit? If we jump down there, will we have a way out? Likewise, could the orcs & minotaur escape while we look around or are they pretty much stuck there?
2) Can I throw a non-ranged weapon? If I toss that fire sword at the minotaur is there any chance to hit or is that simply not allowed?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
turgy22;287511 said:
Questions:
1) Is there an obvious exit from the pit? If we jump down there, will we have a way out? Likewise, could the orcs & minotaur escape while we look around or are they pretty much stuck there?
Well, there is a small rope ladder that leads to the upper level, where there is another door, which should lead to the same room as the barricaded door, but from the south instead of from the west. There is also a very large wooden door leading west inside the pit. And you could potentially use Dorgath's rope to get back up to the room you're in now. But not while you're fighting monsters inside the pit.

2) Can I throw a non-ranged weapon? If I toss that fire sword at the minotaur is there any chance to hit or is that simply not allowed?
It would have a modifier against the throw on account of it being a non-ranged weapon, but you could try it.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I have my bow to kill those creatures from a distance, but wit would help to shoot from behind someone with a shield.
Are we to damaged to take on a big huge monster?

Status
Not open for further replies.