Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath speaks to the knights, "Looks like you got here in the nick of time. Who was that human? It sounds like you're familiar with him."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg tries to kick the robed men, but they're out of reach and everything is spinning too much for him to get to his feet. One of the knights sheaths his sword, dismounts, and addresses Dorgath...

"Human? Neshkahl is a foul vampire. I should have known he would have something to do with this. He's killed some of my best men. I—shall first send for a healer for your friend here."

One of the knights rides back down the road the way he came. He returns with several more knights and with Aylafi, the priest of Sigmar and chief elder of the village of Dawnhills. Aylafi opens his holy book and a beam of light emerges and surrounds Throg, fully healing him.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will stand up and again attempt to kick the men in the junk.

"We should find Corticruss. I came on this mission because he needed a book. I have no plans to fight other people's wars."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Vampire? So are you familiar with 'undead news'? Have you heard anything about a resurgence of Shalaz's cult? Or know of the name Orm?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg kicks one of the robed men in the junk. He falls to the ground screaming. His companion immediately curls up into a ball, sobbing.

"Undead news? All I know about that is that I received a call for help from a village here. Something about a man-eating monster terrorizing the locals. But on the way here I kept running into undead. So I returned home and recruited more knights. We fought our way through the undead. Because of the delay I feared that either the undead or the maneater would have destroyed the whole village by the time we arrived. When we did, I found out from Aylafi that you'd already done the job for us and that the undead had not yet attacked the village.

So we set up camp, but Aylafi here raised concern about you, as he thought your mission might be perilous. We journeyed north and the concentration of the undead has only increased. I feared that you would be dead, but apparently the four of you held your own.

I can't say that I'm familiar with the name Shalaz—or Orm for that matter. If this is some sort of necromantic cult, I'm not surprised to find Neshkahl here. He is rumored to be a rogue vampire that the Vampire Counts have marked for destruction for some crime or other. What I do know is that he covers his whole body black silk and heavy armor and walks around in daylight, unusual behavior for their kind, and that he carries a powerful sword. I've seen him a few times, but he always avoids confronting me in single combat, probably because I am the renowned swordsman Toludec the Valorous, Lord Crusader of the Order of the Holy Forge. He has, however, killed some honorable acquaintances of mine in the past. I am pleased that you were not among his victims..."

One of the other knights interrupts him. "Yes, yes. They don't need to hear one of your speeches, Toludec. I understand that the four of you were on a mission. If you are in a hurry, you'll be happy to know that we've cleared out the undead in this area, except to the north, from which you've just arrived. I'll interrogate these two (motions to the men in black robes) and hopefully get some answers from them. We've already sent a messenger to the Empire to inform them that there are far too many undead in this region. We should be able to clean up from here. And you have our thanks for killing that minotaur."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Powerful sword, eh? Probably dwarven-made... thanks for your aid and good luck."

Turning to his companions, Dorgath says, "Let's hurry and deliver the package to Corticuss and get our reward."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It appears that the knights did a good job of clearing the area of undead, as you don't meet any more on your way back to town. However, Corticruss doesn't seem to be home. Eventually, you find Micah, who informs you that Corticruss left a note for you...

"Carrow, Dorgath, Throg, and Kelgar. I had intended to wait until you got back, but I had to leave Sebmu on urgent business. Please deliver the book to me in the fort at Karak Azgal. I'm going to be there for a while so even if you've been delayed, I should still probably be there by the time you arrived. I'll try to have something extra for you since you weren't expecting to make a trip so far. Ordinarily the dwarves charge adventurers a percentage of their loot for the privilege of exploring the ruins in Karak Azgal, but I have some connections and can probably get you in without having to do that. I've instructed Micah to be your guide and make sure that your journey is safe and uneventful.

-Corticruss."

This concludes the Tome in the Tomb adventure.

Edit: New thread started for the next adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.