Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"All right, I don't hear anything. Let's do this."

Unless one of the others wants to try to listen, Dorgath will bust open the door.

turgy22

Nothing Special
"Is it locked? Can we just open it?"

Throg will attempt to open the door through non-forceful means.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg easily swings the door open. The orcs and goblins waiting inside immediately attack. Throg and Dorgath are surprised by the ambush, but Carrow is ready and shoots at them. Unfortunately, his arrow flies wide.

-An orc brings its sword down on Dorgath. The blow is deflected by Dorgath's armor.
-A goblin impales Throg with its spear. Throg takes 5 damage.
-A goblin thrusts its spear at Kelgar, but misses.
-The orc archer in the corner shoots Carrow. The arrow lands squarely in his chest. Carrow takes 6 damage.

Next turn...

Attachments

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Pull the arrow out of my chest and shoot the archer with it...... (man would that be cool)
If I can I will try to shoot that archer, he is very good.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Argg! Foul greenskins!" Dorgath attacks the greenskin facing him and will methodically work his way through the bunch.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oops. I was about to post a round of combat, but I just realized that Dorgath has recovered from the effects of Bugman's XXXXXX this turn. Throg still won't until next turn. Kelgar succeeds in his blessing this turn and since all three of the other Warriors start close enough for him to bless them and he can also reach the action himself (by stepping into the space Throg is moving out of), I'm not sure what he wants to do. Melkor?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The Power Phase is 2 for this turn...

-Kelgar blesses Dorgath with Vanquish. Dorgath gains an extra attack.
-Carrow shoots an arrow at the orc archer, hitting it in the neck for 4 damage. The orc collapses.
-Throg rushes the goblin that speared him, drunkenly swinging at it. He connects, dealing 2 damage.
Throg's strike activates the Hellfire Sword. The goblin bursts into flames. Throg takes 5 damage (8/18 wounds).

Dorgath is unharmed by the fire, but is blinded by the flash and driven back onto his heels by the heat. He quickly recovers and moves to finish the orc in front of him, but sees, when the smoke clears, that the flames have fatally wounded everything they touched except Throg.

-Throg collects 65 gold.
-Dorgath collects 19 gold.
-Kelgar collects 19 gold.
-Carrow collects 47 gold.

I got doubles for again for Kelgar's Ring of Jade. Double sixes this time. He can use both on Throg (fully healing Throg) or he can use one on Carrow and one on Throg (fully healing Carrow and getting Throg back up to 14/18 Wounds).

Now that you have a chance to actually look around the room, you see that there are more dead goblins than the number you killed. The door to the east is barely visible, as the orcs and goblins appear to have barricaded it by piling objects in front of it. The barricade does not look particularly sturdy. You see old barrels, furniture, boards, and rocks shoved against the door. By working together, you should be able to clear the junk out of the way fairly quickly. The door to the south is just like the other doors so far.

There is another pack, but this one has been opened, and its contents are spilling out, revealing a sword, a scroll, and two other objects.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I wonder what's behind that door to make even greenskins afraid... usually they're spoiling for a fight."

"Thanks for the blessing!"

Dorgath will search the bodies of the greenskins for any valuables.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg finds that this pack contains a high elven sword, a scroll, a small urn, and a bag with 230 gold.

Dorgath finds nothing of interest on the dead except perhaps weapons. The orc Carrow shot has more than enough arrows to restock Carrow's quiver, although these ones are rather ugly, with black paint and some probably meaningful orcish pattern in the fletching. The goblins had spears, which have greater reach than the melee weapons the Warriors are carrying, but Kelgar can only use blunt weapons, Throg already has his axe and his new fire sword, Dorgath would do more damage with his axe, and Carrow would not be able to have his bow at ready while wielding a two-handed weapon.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
My last post would have been a while ago, but I lost internet while typing it and had to mess around with the modem to get it back. I had similar problems on Saturday. Not sure what's up with my ISP. If it seems like I haven't been on for a while, it's probably their fault, although in that event, I'll make a post from work to let people know.

-Kelgar fully restores Carrow with his Ring of Jade.
-Kelgar heals Throg with his Ring of Jade (14/18 Wounds).
-Kelgar's healing efforts earn him 60 gold. Praise Sigmar!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Arg. Nothing useful on the bodies. Well, are we ready to tackle whatever may lie behind this door?"

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'll give the sword to Carrow, the scroll to Kelgar and the urn to Dorgath. I'll also give everyone 50 gold and keep the rest.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Everyone gets a closer look at their items.

Carrow thinks that the sword is a Sword of Hoeth, known to be lightning fast and all but unstoppable once mastered. Being a wood elf himself, he's only reasonably convinced that he's right in his identification.

Kelgar's scroll is a simple one-use spell scroll that any of the Warriors should be able to activate. He is convinced that this one grants temporary invisibility to the bearer. An invisible Warrior cannot attack or cast offensive spells, but may perform other actions.

Dorgath reads the symbols on the urn and sees that they represent healing.

-Throg obtained 80 gold.
-Dorgath obtained 50 gold.
-Kelgar obtained 50 gold.
-Carrow obtained 50 gold.
-Dorgath identified an Incense of Healing.
-Kelgar identified an Invisibility Spell Scroll.
-Carrow identified a Sword of Hoeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.