Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath thinks it is a wand of summoning. What it might summon, he does not know. Since it is topped with a skull, it probably does not summon live dwarf slavegirls. But maybe it does...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Kelgar is noticeably absent. I'd like to find a way to heal myself.

"Gee, Dorgath, that incense of healing sure smells good. Mind if I take a puff?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hm, Melkor hasn't been on much lately (he hasn't posted anywhere on the boards for most of this month). He's probably busy. Since everyone else except Carrow has already entered the pit, I see no reason for Kelgar not to at least tag along with the group while his controller is otherwise occupied. We've certainly had to do that in the D&D game...

But Kelgar's roll to heal anything with his Ring of Jade fails this turn anyway.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dwarven wenches are always good. Especially if they bring a constant supply of Bugman's Brew.

"Sure Throg, help yourself. Anyone else want to look at this thing and get a better idea of what it is? If not, I'll tuck it away as I'm sure some Wizard somewhere will buy it for a good price.

Where to next? You want to climb up to the east and try the door to the north to catch whatever's in there unawares, seeing as how they expect someone to come from their west? Or just bypass it and try this door to our west?"

turgy22

Nothing Special
"We did what we came to do. I say we try to get out of here the way we came. Of course, we can't forget this thing..."

Throg will cut off the Minotaur's head.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Wait, are we sure that this is the monster?" Dorgath looks at the minotaur's feet, to see if they're cloven or not.

turgy22

Nothing Special
"So we find and kill a minotaur that tells us he'll feast on our viscera and you think perhaps he hasn't been eating villagers? Dwarf logic..." :rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"If you remember the elder's briefing, he said he wasn't sure it was a minotaur. A villager said he thought it might have been, but the footprint outside was that of a human, not a cloven hoof."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The minotaur's feet are human-shaped (and very big). Throg opens the incense jar and the entire pit is filled with potent healing vapors. This incense was powerful stuff. The party's Wounds are fully restored.

-Dorgath obtained an unknown skull wand.
-Throg obtained a Hellfire Sword.
-Throg obtained the Minotaur Head.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well let's drag that head out of here and get our reward...... or do we continue skulking about in this underground cess pit?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Don't tell me we forgot to tie the rope to something before we all jumped down here... or was it just me and Throg?"

turgy22

Nothing Special
Technically, neither Kelgar nor Carrow entered the pit. We should be able to throw one of them the rope and they can either pull us up or tie it to something so we can climb out.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The power phase is 3 for this turn.

Dorgath throws one end of the rope up to Carrow and Kelgar. Both Dorgath and Throg easily scale the wall with the aid of the rope. The journey back out is uneventful. You return to the village and present to the elders the minotaur head. They immediately give you all of their gold, which amounts to 200 for each Warrior.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath asks the elder, "Is there anyone in the village who might be able to identify this?" and holds up the skull wand.

Status
Not open for further replies.