Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I see that other door that leads to the barricaded room.

"Hmm. Well, I can shield Carrow (Do I have a shield? Maybe I can borrow someone else's) while Kelgar powers up and heals Throg. Then when we're fully healed and taken out the orcs, we can jump down in the pit and take on the chaos monstronsity."

turgy22

Nothing Special
"That plan sounds dangerous. We have only Carrow to shoot while he'll have three orcs shooting back. We need to be quick or we won't stand a chance. I shall heave the Hellfire Sword at the beast and the powers of chaos will guarantee my success. The elf can then clean up anything that remains."

I'll use my Chalice of Night and toss the sword at the minotaur.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Surprised at Throg's move, Dorgath grabs a shield if he doesn't have one already and shields Carrow quickly.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
No one has a shield. No one has ever seen a single shield thus far (in this adventure I mean, not in the world or anything).

While you are talking, you hear beastly laughter behind the door. The minotaur's club smashes the door inwards at you. None of you are hurt. The minotaur's huge swing causes him to lose his balance and he tumbles back into the pit. The orcs are ready and fire on you, but all three of them miss completely.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm confused. How did the beast climb up to the door? I thought there wasn't a way up to this door.

"Take cover!" Dorgath retreats further in the room to avoid the orc missile fire, but ready to attack the minotaur should he climb up and enter the room again.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'll go ahead with my plan. Use the Chalice of Night and toss the Hellfire Sword at the Minotaur. Then I'll stand back and watch the fireworks.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
There isn't a way (for you). He's a minotaur. He's got long arms and legs. Getting out of the pit is apparently not that difficult for him.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Carrow shoots one of the orcs in the head, dealing 4 damage. The orc goes down.
-Throg becomes afraid of the minotaur. His fear makes it difficult for him to hit the monster.
-A strange glow appears around Throg. He throws the Hellfire Sword with great force at the fallen minotaur. The sword sinks into the minotaur's torso, but there are no fireworks. The minotaur does take 3 damage, but simply yanks the sword from its body while getting back up.
-An orc fires at Kelgar. The arrow misses.
-An orc fires at Throg. The arrow misses.

Next turn...

The power phase is 6 for this turn.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Well that sucked. Throg will jump down into the pit and attack the minotaur. Once again, I'll activate the Chalice of Night, but this time I'll use the special ability on my axe.

"Cover me, I'm going in. Blaugh!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Kelgar blesses Carrow with Vanquish. Carrow gets an extra attack this turn.
-Carrow shoots an orc in the chest, felling it with 4 damage.
-Carrow shoots the last orc in the heart, instantly killing it with 5 damage.
-The minotaur swings at Throg, but misses.
-The minotaur clips Throg with his club, dealing 8 damage.

-Throg's chalice causes him to glow. His axe lashes out with incredible power.
-Throg activates his Axe of Mighty Striking.

-The minotaur is thrown across the pit by the force of the blow, dead before he hits the ground. The mintotaur has taken 23 damage.
-Throg collects 295 gold.
-Dorgath collects 76 gold.
-Kelgar collects 117 gold.
-Carrow collects 117 gold.

Wow. I randomly determined the starting stuff Throg got from several possibilities, and I'm thinking he made out pretty nicely. The combination of an axe that can do a ton of damage for a chosen strike and a chalice that can make a strike automatically hit is really, really good.

Also, no one else seemed to want to jump into the pit, so I didn't have them do it. Kelgar can still come in to be next to Throg and attempt to heal him before the turn ends if he wants.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'll pick up the Hellfire Sword when I get a chance. I'll wait to see where my health stands before equipping it, though.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I would appear that we are in need of some patching up.... Could this be a good place to collect ourselves and prepare for what comes next?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Wow, that was quick. And here I am, guarding the rear... :)"

Dorgath will jump down and start searching the bodies for loot, and then the room for any secret door/traps/that kind of stuff.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
It's a wand.... and one likely to kill you....
I believe we need to rest and not kill ourselves......
Do you know anything about magical items?

Status
Not open for further replies.