Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The backpack contains three items, none of which are immediately identifiable. The items are...

-An amulet of unknown design. It is covered in peeling black leather with some hard material underneath.

-A small barrel full of something.

-A sword.

Anyone may try to identify items. Success is more likely for some items with some characters than others. For example, a Barbarian would not be as good at correctly identifying a magic wand as a Wizard. Just taking a closer look at an item may or may not give revealing details about its nature. But if a character catastrophically fails the test to identify the item, the only bad information will be what he THINKS about it, and not what he sees. For example, if a Barbarian tried to identify a magic wand, I would probably say that he couldn't tell what it did, but if he did particularly poorly on his test to identify it, I might let him think he's determined that it's a wand that shoots lightning, when in reality it acts as source of magical power for a spellcaster. What I would not do is tell him that the wand is blue when it is actually red. Makes sense, right?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Flames leap and burn along the length of this otherworldly sword. As it swings through the air it leaves a trail of spitting magma in its wake.

Throg identifies a Hellfire Sword.

The Hellfire Sword can cause a large burst of flames when it strikes a target. This would damage anyone standing too close, including the wielder.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The barrel has a stamp from Bugman's brewery. Ugh, dwarf beer, and extra potent at that. No elf would drink this filth. The barrel is small. It could be carried in a pack or, if necessary, held in one hand, although it's much heavier and bulkier than a bottle or flask.

Note: because of the unusually potent nature of this particular dwarven beer, Carrow would dislike even sampling it. Dorgath, Throg, and Kelgar on the other hand, could probably quaff it with impunity...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"A barrel of Bugman's Beer? What a find... I'll take a quaff right now (assuming that doesn't use it all up)..."

Dorgath will take a close look at the amulet, just to see it...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath quaffs the beer. He instantly knows that it is Bugman's XXXXXX. It restores him to full health, but he is left staggering under effects of the stuff. He notes that there is enough left for three more healing and incapacitating doses.

-Dorgath identified Bugman's XXXXXX.
-Dorgath was healed of 1 wound.
-Dorgath is at -3 to hit for the next 2 turns.
-Throg obtained a Hellfire Sword.

Does Throg intend to equip the Hellfire Sword or continue using his axe? He can only wield one weapon at a time right now.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Was Dorgath able to identify anything with the amulet?

"If no one minds, I'll hold onto the barrel...."

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'd hate to kill myself fighting with such a dangerous weapon, so I'll keep using my axe until all my wounds are healed. Speaking of which...

"Mind if I try some of that dwarf beer?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This antiquated porcelain amulet is covered in a layer of cracked and peeling black leather. Dorgath is only vaguely familiar with the symbols on the amulet, but he eventually recognizes this as an Amulet of Vindication. It should grant a real, but rather weak, magic resistance to its wearer, protecting from enemy sorcery. This would probably not extend to anyone else, so only the Warrior who actually dons the amulet would get the resistance.

-Dorgath identified the Amulet of Vindication.
-Dorgath obtained Bugman's XXXXXX
-Dorgath lets Throg quaff Bugman's XXXXXX (there are now 2 more doses).
-Throg is healed of 5 Wounds. Throg is restored to full health.
-Throg is at -3 to hit for the next 3 turns.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Ah, this Amulet could be useful." Dorgath puts it on.

"All right, everyone ready? Let's go check out that door." Dorgath starts pointing down the corridor.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Dorgath equips an Amulet of Vindication (Magic Resistance 6+).
-Throg equips a Hellfire Sword.
-Kelgar heals 3 Wounds with his Ring of Jade. Kelgar has restored himself to full health.
-Kelgar's healing efforts earn him 15 gold. Praise Sigmar!

Next turn...

The power phase is 3 for this turn.

-Throg is at -3 to hit.
-Dorgath is at -3 to hit.

The Warriors enter the corridor, Throg and Dorgath perhaps a bit more clumsily than normal.

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Hey, it's been a while since I've had good beer... you human makes weak wine or 'flavored water'. Let's move to that door."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The power phase is 2 for this turn.

-Throg is at -3 to hit.
-Dorgath is at -3 to hit.

The Warriors reach the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.