Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Through the holes, you can see a corridor. It looks dusty and probably has not been maintained for a long time. No doors are visible from where you stand. The orcs and goblins must not frequent this part of the cave.

No less dangerous than the more intelligent monsters are the packs of giant rats that dwell in the dirtiest corners of the Warhammer World. Bloated by eating indescribable foul things, these rats have grown to immense proportions. When cornered giant rats hurl themselves at their opponent in a maniacal frenzy, lunging for their enemy's jugular vein with no thought for their own safety.

Kelgar spots some giant rats lurking in the shadows of this abandoned corridor. There's no telling how many.

Kelgar fails to heal anything this turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So Carrow seems to want to head back to the western door where the orcs came from, but I'm not clear on if anyone else has a preference...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The power phase is 2 for this turn.

The whole party moves back out of the corner room, advancing toward the room the orcs came from. A wounded human arrives through the open door. He breathes a sigh of relief on seeing the Warriors and the corpses of the goblins and orcs they have killed.

"I've gotta get out of this place. Would any of you fellows happen to have some water or anything to spare?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Relax, dwarf. Seein' as you killed these ones, there can't be too many more greenskins down here. They're the enemy, not I. But you might have saved my life clearing a path for me, so I suppose I'd better explain.

I'm Neobi. I'm a mercenary. We were ambushed by some goblins and they killed one of us before we chased them off, so the captain and I followed them here. He thought we had them cornered, but there were orcs down here too. They got him and they'd have got me too, but they were distracted by something else. They were fighting something and I couldn't see what. So I made my escape. A little worse for the wear, perhaps, but I'll live.

What about you? What brings the four of you down this infernal hole? Are you mercenaries like myself?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Not far. But let's see. Behind me (he points west) there's a room that's empty now. I just came from it. There's another door in the room going that way (he points south) and a corridor after that. It was where I was when they killed the captain. There's only one door from there and it would be on your left. That's their main room I think and that's as far as I got. It has two more doors, one straight across and one on the right. Whatever the orcs were fighting, it was coming from the room straight across, but I couldn't see it and I didn't stick around to find out.

Say, there are four of you and I think you look more prepared than we were. There can't be many orcs left, so you should be able to beat them if that's what you're here for. But as for whatever it was that distracted them and let me get away, I have no idea. Might have been some rival orcs or a dragon or Sigmar himself for all I know. So be careful if you're headed that way.

Oh, uh, did you men happen to visit the village nearby? We didn't. I ask because I have to carry word of the deaths of my comrades to their families as soon as I can, but I could use some rest first. Is the village a friendly place?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Thanks very much for the information. Here's a gold piece, if you'd like it. The village is pretty friendly - you can tell them we'll be there shortly."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Neobi thanks you and heads toward the exit.

Next turn...

The power phase is 5 for this turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The Warriors pass through the doorway ready to fight, but this room is indeed devoid of orcs. You can tell that they have been living here, though. The lantern's light glints off bones in every corner of the room.

It seems that the orcs or goblins here were in the process of dividing loot before they were interrupted, either by the Warriors or something else. Most of it looks like worthless junk: some more bones, scraps of food, bizarre trinkets probably of goblin make. However, there is a backpack in the middle of the room that bulges with the indication of something inside...

The door to the south is wide open, although you cannot yet see much of what lies beyond it.

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One

Next turn...

The power phase is 6 for this turn.

Closer inspection reveals little about the backpack. Without opening it, the contents are indiscernible. It does appear to be a fairly standard backpack in good condition that a traveler or adventurer might carry, comparable to your own packs.

Moving to see down the corridor works rather well. The corridor ends abruptly in a stone wall. In the southeast corner of the corridor, there is a closed door.

Status
Not open for further replies.