Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath can't actually continue battling the bats at the moment because the other Warriors are blocking his path, assuming Carrow moves to engage them with his sword (he'll get there before Dorgath can). He can either hang back or get right behind the others so that he's as close to the action as he can possibly be. Or he could try to leap over the other Warriors' heads or barge through them or something, but, well, that seems unlikely...

Also, Kelgar finally succeeds at casting a blessing this time, but which one and on whom is up to him.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, perhaps a new map with the current battle formations would be helpful. Dorgath will just hover near and await his opportunity then

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-As Carrow reaches Melkor, he is blessed by Melkor's Vanquish, granting him an extra attack.
-Throg slashes a bat with his axe, dealing 2 damage. The bat dies.
-Carrow dashes at the bats in the corner and swings his sword, but misses.
-Carrow thrusts and stabs a bat in the chest with his sword for 3 damage, killing the bat.
-Carrow's deathblow cuts another bat down, hitting it for 5 damage.
-Kelgar steps forward and swings his hammer at a bat, but misses completely.
-Dorgath reaches Throg.
-Kelgar fails to heal anything.

Possibly due to the noise, some visitors arrive. An orc opens the western door in time to see Dorgath move next to Throg. He shouts something incomprehensible and steps into the T-junction, followed by more orcs. All of them are wielding swords.

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"More greenskins! This place is infested with them! Glory to Valaya!" Dorgath turns and charges towards the orcs.

turgy22

Nothing Special
"We're flanked. Maybe we should finish off those bats, take a defensive position and let Carrow take a few shots at the orcs, while Kelgar attempts some more healing before charging into a new mess of monsters."

If Dorgath wants to follow my recommendation, I'll go after the remaining bats. If not, I'll follow him to the orcs, lest he get himself killed.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Psh! Those are mere flying rodents, while at least the greenskins wield a weapon... but aye, no sense in stretching ourselves out too far. I'll wait here for the greenskins to come to us and let Carrow bring down a few.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Round 3: the power phase for this turn is 1.
-A giant bat swoops at Carrow, but misses.
-A giant bat swoops at Kelgar, but misses.

-Kelgar fails to bless anything.
-Carrow slices a giant bat open for 4 damage.
-Kelgar swings his hammer at a giant bat, but misses completely.
-An orc charges Dorgath, but fails to connect.
-An orc charges into Throg with its sword, but the blow is deflected by Throg's armor and does no damage.

-Throg strikes at an orc with his axe, but misses.
-Throg springs at an orc and bites it in the face. What? The orc seems to weaken from the attack.
-Dorgath brings his axe down in a huge arc, but hits only the floor.
-Kelgar fails to heal anything.

Round 4: the power phase for this turn is 3.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Bats and orcs... two of my least favorite creatures.
Bats first, then orcs..... maybe use my bow on the orcs.....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Kelgar succeeded in his blessing roll for this turn. I don't know whether to interpret his words as indicating that he'll continue with Vanquish for Carrow or not. To be expedient, I am currently assuming the former. Let me know if this is incorrect. Or maybe I just shouldn't try to be expedient? Not like we have a deadline. Whatever...

-The last giant bat sinks its fangs into Kelgar's neck for 4 damage. Kelgar is hurt badly (5/13 wounds).
-Kelgar blesses Carrow with Vanquish. Carrow has an extra attack.
-Carrow swings his sword and cuts down the last giant bat, dealing 5 damage.
-Carrow switches to his bow and fires at the orcs, but misses.
-Throg attacks the wounded orc with his axe, but misses.
-Throg bites the orc again. The orc falls spasming to the ground. What is with this guy? Did he just kill that orc by biting it?
-Dorgath rips into an orc with his axe, dealing 4 damage. The orc dies.
-Undeterred by their losses, the three remaining orcs press forward into the warriors.
-An orc runs its sword through Throg. Blood sprays everywhere. Throg takes 5 damage (8/18 wounds).
-An orc slashes Dorgath for 1 damage.

-Kelgar succeeds in healing with his Ring of Jade. He may either restore 4 wounds on one warrior, or split the healing evenly between two warriors...

Round 5: the power phase for this turn is 3.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Despite being startled by his companion's, um, "behavior", Dorgath presses the attack on his greatest enemies.

turgy22

Nothing Special
"Ouch. What? I didn't eat lunch."

Throg is going to break out his Chalice of Night until this battle's over. Things are getting too hairy and I want some guaranteed hits.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Kelgar blesses Carrow with Vanquish. Carrow gets an extra attack.
-Carrow shoots an orc. The orc falls to the ground with the arrowhead sticking out the back of its neck, having taken 5 damage.
-Carrow shoots another orc in the chest for 4 damage, killing it.
-A strange glow appears around Throg. His axe lashes out with incredible speed and hacks into the last orc, dealing 4 damage. The last orc dies.
-Throg collects 137 gold.
-Dorgath collects 88 gold.
-Kelgar collects 90 gold.
-Carrow collects 110 gold.
-Kelgar's Ring of Jade glows softly and its healing energies restore 3 of his wounds.
-Kelgar heals Throg with his Ring of Jade, restoring 3 wounds.
-Kelgar's healing efforts award him with 15 gold. Praise Sigmar!

The bodies of the fallen orcs, goblins, and bats litter the ground around the Warriors. But it seems that they have finally exhausted the the supply of monsters in this region of the dungeon. They breathe a sigh of relief. Only Carrow has left the combat unscathed, and everyone has gotten some exercise in the fighting.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Woo! Let's see if they're carrying anything interesting..." Dorgath starts searching the bodies of the orcs and bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.