Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
OOC: Other than affecting certain magic items that the party might find and determining if unexpected events occur, power also determines how easy it is for Kelgar to use his blessings.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Remember that Kelgar can attempt one blessing per turn. With the power phase being a roll of 2, the chances of succeeding aren't amazing, but it can still work. Right now I'm not assuming that he'll try any particular blessing, but I rolled last turn just to check if he could and it wasn't high enough. Same for this turn, actually (low power phase rolls and low blessing rolls both times). Each of the three blessings Kelgar currently has can be used on himself or someone standing next to him and all have an equal chance of working, so which effect you want is up to you...

Also, I'm still figuring out the whole colored text as an indicator of what's going on thing, which I thought might be a good idea. So some of the colors might change before I have a set method. As you can see, I've apparently decided that bold italicized text is when I'm talking OOC, while italics by themselves are descriptive text and bold by itself is specific results...

-Carrow fires at the wounded goblin archer. The arrow lands in the goblin's chest, dealing 1 damage. The goblin falls over.
-Throg swings his axe at the last remaining goblin, chopping into its body for 2 damage. The last goblin is slain.
-Kelgar fails to heal anything this turn.
-Throg collects 45 gold.
-Dorgath collects 35 gold.
-Kelgar collects 15 gold.
-Carrow collects 25 gold.

The goblins have all fallen and the Warriors sustained only minor injuries. The door to the east is open and the goblins must have come from that direction. The door to the west is shut. In addition, the Warriors notice that one of the goblins was carrying a metal tankard. It's a bit dirty and who knows where it's been? But it might be worth something...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath will pick up and check out the tankard. "Just a little something for our troubles." He then checks and listens at the west door.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath identifies the tankard as a fine dwarf tankard. One like this would sell for about 20 gold in most cities, but as dwarf, Dorgath would be reluctant to part with such a prize.

Kelgar stands in the eastern doorway, but detects only blackness. Either his eyes haven't adjusted to the darkness yet, the tunnel ends within a short distance, or the tunnel turns a corner and Throg isn't standing close enough for this to be apparent.

Dorgath inspects the western door and it seems to be the same as the previous door. But while making this examination, he gets a close look at the stonework of the caverns for the first time and concludes that this work is characteristic of goblins or orcs. He is so distracted by this that he forgets to listen at the door and stands peering at the stonework for the rest of the turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The power phase is 2 for this turn.

Throg and Kelgar both stand in the eastern doorway and can't see much, although the tunnel does seem to turn a corner to the south. Just before they're about to conclude that the passage seems to be empty, Kelgar notices something move in the shadows. The shape is behind the corner before he can make out what it might have been. Throg sees nothing.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Out of the darkest caves fly the twittering, screeching clouds of Giant Bats. These fanged monstrosities, held aloft on great leathery wings, hide in the shadows, then swoop down upon their prey and rip them to shreds with teeth and talons.

The giant bats, disturbed by some combination of Throg's lantern and Kelgar's shouting, swoop in and ambush the party, except Dorgath.

Round 1
-A giant bat bites at Kelgar's head and neck, dealing 1 damage.
-A giant bat bites sinks its fangs into Kelgar for 4 damage.
-A giant bat swoops at Kelgar, but misses completely.
-A giant bat attacks Throg, but is knocked aside and does no damage.
-A giant bat bites Throg for 2 damage.
-A giant bat sinks its fangs into Throg's neck, wounding him for 4 damage.
-A giant bat swoops at Carrow, but misses.
-A giant bat attacks Carrow, but he dodges it.

-The ambush has ended. The Warriors strike back...

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
While events were going on in post #50, did I get to listen at the door?

In any event, I'll move two spaces east and start attacking the bats surrounding Carrow, starting with the one to the south.

"It appears Valaya is smiling on me today. Chakka cor!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Between the screeching and flapping, it seems impossible to hear anything else. However, just as Dorgath is turning away and rushing to assist his companions, he hears voices somewhere behind him. He can't make out what kind of voices or how far away they are, though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath continues to the fight with the bats, saving the investigation of the voices for afterwards.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Kelgar fails to bless anything. Seriously, this has a better than even chance of working and he just keep getting bad rolls.
-Carrow swings his sword and catches a bat for 2 damage, bringing it down.
-Carrow continues the swing of his sword, but it doesn't hit any bats.
-Throg strikes a bat with his axe, disembowling it for 5 damage. The bat tumbles to the floor.
-Throg continues the swing of his axe, slicing through another bat for 4 damage and killing it.
-Throg's deathblow continues, and he manages to hit another bat, dealing 2 damage. The bat flies into the wall and its broken body falls down after sticking to the granite for a few seconds.
-Throg averts the swing of his axe to avoid hitting Kelgar.
-Throg springs at a nearby bat, but stops short of it and nothing happens. The bat flies past his head. What was that about?
-Dorgath charges at the remaining bat near Carrow and his great axe scores a critical hit for 8 damage, the bat hits the ground in two pieces.
-Kelgar strikes at a bat with his hammer, but narrowly misses the fluttering foe.
-Kelgar's Ring of Jade glows softly and its healing energies fully restore him.
-Kelgar heals Throg with his Ring of Jade, restoring 5 wounds.
-Kelgar's healing efforts award him with 25 gold. Praise Sigmar.

Round 2 (five bats remain)
-The power phase is 6 for this turn.
-A giant bat swoops at Kelgar, but misses.
-A giant bat sinks its fangs into Kelgar, dealing 4 damage.
-A giant bat sinks its fangs into Throg, dealing 2 damage.
-A giant bat attacks Throg, but misses.
-A giant bat swoops at Carrow, but misses.

-The Warriors strike back...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<I can't remember the main dwarf god in Warhammer. So I'll go with the second one>

"By the might of Valaya!" Dorgath continues to battle the bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.