Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Aylafi attempts to identify the wand, but concludes that he has no idea what it does. He is not versed in the ways of magic. However, he does turn out to be an experienced priest of Sigmar. Although not a fighter, he does impart some knowledge to Kelgar, adding a rare blessing to his Holy Book. Kelgar gains the Healing Touch blessing and +1 toughness from the elder's teachings. This takes the rest of the day, but the rest of the party does not interfere. After all, this is making them better equipped for their adventures.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The crypt is indeed clearly visible from the road. The large door in the entrance is wide open. Carrow and Throg both notice several sets of fresh footprints leading into the crypt. The tracks mostly look human, but there are a few prints that are too large for human feet. The Warriors enter the crypt, finding themselves in an empty vestibule with a stout door to the south.

-Throg lights the lantern.
-It is currently mid-morning.
-The Warriors are in excellent condition.
-The power phase is 1 for this turn. An unexpected event occurs!

Ghosts are ethereal creatures or spirits, the shades of dead men returned to haunt the land of the living. This ghost arrives through a wall and advances menacingly toward the Warriors, trying to catch them in an icy grip...

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Despite the power phase of 1, Kelgar actually succeeds in casting a blessing for this turn. Frankly, if I were him, I would be using Vanquish almost all of the time too (for now anyway, since he can gain other good blessings as he levels up) and that seems to be what he's going with. Let me know if this is incorrect. Actually, I should see if it matters first...oh, I guess it turned out pretty well...

-Kelgar blesses himself with Vanquish. Kelgar gains an extra attack.
-Carrow becomes afraid of the ghost. His attacks are at -1 to hit.
-Carrow trips and falls as he swings his sword. That was odd...
-The ghost uses a chilling attack on Dorgath. Dorgath loses 3 Wounds.
-Throg slashes the ghost with his Hellfire Sword. The ghost takes 4 damage.
-Throg sinks his fangs into the ghost. This action still hasn't lost its novelty, especially when done against a ghost. The ethereal foe does sustain 2 damage from the attack, though.
-Kelgar becomes afraid of the ghost. His attacks are at -1 to hit.
-Kelgar swings his hammer, but it passes through the ghost without effect.
-Kelgar brings his hammer down on the ghost's head.
-Kelgar's Ring of Command increases the strength of his attack.
-Kelgar's attack deals 8 damage.
-Dorgath becomes afraid of the ghost. His attacks are at -1 to hit.
-Dorgath cuts the ghost in half with his axe.
-No one collects any gold! Sorry, no gold for killing ghosts.
-Kelgar restores Dorgath's health with his Ring of Jade.
-Kelgar is awarded 15 gold for his healing efforts. Praise Sigmar!

The ghost fades away. Now that the room is clear again, the Warriors can see a helm in plain sight on the floor that they had not previously noticed. Perhaps the ghost was guarding it. Or it could be a coincidence.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath grins at Carrow's fall. "And Elves are supposed to be graceful..." he says as he walks over to check out/identify the Helm.

"And thanks for the healing, Kelgar".

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh... the weapon is unwieldy and fickle.... I will use my trusted weapon for now." And slings the sheathed sword over his shoulder.

Now what is the Helm you all are hovering over?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath ascertains that the helm is elven. Kelgar can tell that it is magical, probably designed to protect the wearer. But because the helm is designed for elf heads, it may not be suitable for anyone in the party besides Carrow...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ahem...

Oversoul;288007 said:
Dorgath ascertains that the helm is elven. Kelgar can tell that it is magical, probably designed to protect the wearer. But because the helm is designed for elf heads, it may not be suitable for anyone in the party besides Carrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.