Tribal #12

B

BigBlue

I'm hopeful that this act won't be forgotten... I'll play Batwing Brume for WW - so no combat damage is dealt this turn.

I'd like to see Oversoul knocked down a peg or two before Ally's gone.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh, I'll remember it.

Reya Dawnbringer, Scroll Rack for four, Serra Avenger, done.

Spidey: 4
Hand: 4
Library: 44
In Play:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2
(U,U) Stomping Ground (T: Add R or G to my mana pool. As ~ CIP, I may pay 2 life. If I don't, ~ CIP tapped) x2

Heartbeat of Spring (Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his mana pool of any type that land produced)

(S) Clockwork Hydra (4/4 due to ctrs, Whenever ~ attacks or blocks, remove a +1/+1 ctr from it. If I do, ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player. T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *4 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard: Clockwork Hydra x2, Kodama's Reach
RFG:

Al0ysiusHWWW: 16
Hand: 7
Library: 5
In Play:

(U,U,U) Master of Etheriumx3 (14/14; Artifact Creature; Power and Toughness = number of artifacts I control; All other artifact creatures I control get +1/+1
(U,U) Vedalken Archmage x2 (0/2; Whenever I play an artifact I draw a card)
(S,U) Etherium Sculptor(4/5; Artifact Creature; Artifact spells cost 1 less to play)
(U,U,U) Vedalken Engineer x3 (1/1; T, Add 2 of any color. Can only be used to play artifact spells or abilities)
(S,S) Vedalken Mastermind x2 (1/2; T: Return a permanent you control to your hand)

(U) Sol Ring (T: 2)
(U) Mana Vault (T: 3)
(U,U,U) Conjurer's Bauble x3 (T Sac: Put a card from your gy on bottom of your library Draw a card)

(T, U) Darksteel Citadelx2 (Artifact Land; T:1; Indestructible)

(U,U) Seat of the Synod (Artifact land; T:U)

(T,T,U,U) Island x4

Graveyard: Conjurer's Bauble, 4x Brainstorm, 3x Chromatic Sphere, 3xChromatic Star, FoW, 4x Thoughtcast, Master of Etherium, 3x Island
RFG: Vedalken Mastermind, Vedelkan Archmage, Etherium Sculpter x2
Bottom of library: Chromatic Star

BigBlue: 12
Hand: 1
Library: 47
In Play:

(UU) Scrubland (T: W or B; Swamp Plains)
(TU) Tainted Field (T:1; T: W or B - as long as I control a swamp)
(T) Godless Shrine (T: W or B; Swamp Plains; cip Tapped unless I pay 2 life)

(U) Grimclaw Bats (1/1; Flying; B, pay 1 life: +1/+1 until eot)
(UU) Dakmor Bats (1/1; Flying) x2
(S) Sengir Bats (1/2; Flying; Whenever a creature dealt dmg by ~ goes into a gy from play, put a +1/+1 counter on ~)

Graveyard: Castigate, Castigate, Vindicate, Vampire Bats
RFG:

Oversoul: 20
Library: 27
In Play:
-(T,T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x7
-Land Tax (at the beginning of my upkeep, if anyone has more lands than me, I get to search my library for three basic lands and put them in my hand)
-(T) Scroll Rack (1, T: switch some number of cards in my hand with cards from the top of my library)
-(U) Zuran Orb (sac a land: gain 2 life)
-Seal of Cleansing (sac: destroy target artifact or enchantment) x2
-(U,U,S) Serra Avenger (3/3; Flying, Vigilance) x3
-(T) Blinding Angel (2/4; flying, when it deals combat damage to a player, that player skips his next combat phase)
-(T) Exalted Angel (4/5; flying, lifelink)
-(U) Serra Angel (4/4; flying, vigilance)
-(S) Reya Dawnbringer (4/6; flying, brings a creature back from my graveyard during my upkeep)
Graveyard: Plains, Plains, Akroma (Angel of Wrath), Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Path to Exile
RFG: Blinding Angel

DarthFerret: 20
In Play:

(U) Savannah (W/G)
(U,U) Forest
(U) Plains
(U) Maze of Ith

Artifact: Sol Ring (Tap for 2 colorless mana)

(U) Albino Troll (3/3, Echo1G, 1G: regenerate)
(U) Tel-Jilad Exile (2/3, 1G: regenerate)
(S) Charging Troll (3/3 Vigilance, G: Regenerate)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Mooseman: 20
Hand: 5
Library: 50
In Play:

(TTU) Island x3
(T) Forest

(U) Coiling Oracle (1/1, When Coiling Oracle comes into play, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it into play. Otherwise, put that card into your hand.)
(T) River Boa (2/1, Islandwalk G: Regenerate River Boa.)
(U) Wonder (2/2, Flying. As long as Wonder is in your graveyard and you control an Island, creatures you control have flying.)

Graveyard: Naturalize, Long-Term Plans
RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I wasn't expecting counters from two different people, but this doesn't work. I'll of course be paying the mana for Mooseman's Mana Leak, which means there is no Avenger...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oversoul;282828 said:
Well, I wasn't expecting counters from two different people, but this doesn't work. I'll of course be paying the mana for Mooseman's Mana Leak, which means there is no Avenger...
Don't you only have 1 land untapped or did I miss something?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're missing something... the Dawnbringer was the first thing he cast/did, so he only used 9 mana by tapping 5 lands and having one mana floating and 2 lands still untapped. So he can pay for the Mana Leak by using the one floating and tapping a land for the other two, leaving one land untapped.

If he Scrolls though, that'd tap the last land and leave a mana floating for a potential mana burn...

B

BigBlue

Here - I'm going to rewind this so it plays out better...

OS played Reya Dawnbringer at this point. Responses? (he has W in his pool)

In Play:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2
(U,U) Stomping Ground (T: Add R or G to my mana pool. As ~ CIP, I may pay 2 life. If I don't, ~ CIP tapped) x2

Heartbeat of Spring (Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his mana pool of any type that land produced)

(S) Clockwork Hydra (4/4 due to ctrs, Whenever ~ attacks or blocks, remove a +1/+1 ctr from it. If I do, ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player. T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *4 +1/+1 ctrs*

RFG:

In Play:

(U,U,U) Master of Etheriumx3 (14/14; Artifact Creature; Power and Toughness = number of artifacts I control; All other artifact creatures I control get +1/+1
(S,U) Etherium Sculptor(4/5; Artifact Creature; Artifact spells cost 1 less to play)
(U,U,U) Vedalken Engineer x3 (1/1; T, Add 2 of any color. Can only be used to play artifact spells or abilities)
(S,S) Vedalken Mastermind x2 (1/2; T: Return a permanent you control to your hand)

(U,U,U) Conjurer's Bauble x3 (T Sac: Put a card from your gy on bottom of your library Draw a card)

(T,T,U,U) Island x4

Graveyard: Conjurer's Bauble, 4x Brainstorm, 3x Chromatic Sphere, 3xChromatic Star, FoW, 4x Thoughtcast, Master of Etherium, 3x Island

Hand: 0
In Play:

(TU) Scrubland (T: W or B; Swamp Plains)

(S) Sengir Bats (1/2; Flying; Whenever a creature dealt dmg by ~ goes into a gy from play, put a +1/+1 counter on ~)

Graveyard: Castigate, Castigate, Vindicate, Vampire Bats, Batwing Brume
RFG:

Hand: 9
In Play:
-(T,T,T,T,T,U,U) Plains x7

-Land Tax (at the beginning of my upkeep, if anyone has more lands than me, I get to search my library for three basic lands and put them in my hand)

-(U) Scroll Rack (1, T: switch some number of cards in my hand with cards from the top of my library)

-(U,U) Serra Avenger (3/3; Flying, Vigilance) x2
-(T) Blinding Angel (2/4; flying, when it deals combat damage to a player, that player skips his next combat phase)
-(S) Reya Dawnbringer (4/6; flying, brings a creature back from my graveyard during my upkeep)

Graveyard: Plains, Plains, Akroma (Angel of Wrath), Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Path to Exile

In Play:

(U) Savannah (W/G)
(U,U) Forest
(U) Plains
(U) Maze of Ith

Graveyard:
RFG:

Hand: 5
In Play:

(TTU) Island x3
(T) Forest

(U) Coiling Oracle (1/1, When Coiling Oracle comes into play, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it into play. Otherwise, put that card into your hand.)
(U) Wonder (2/2, Flying. As long as Wonder is in your graveyard and you control an Island, creatures you control have flying.)

Graveyard: Naturalize, Long-Term Plans
RFG:[/QUOTE]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think we can go ahead to Mooseman's Mana Leak and Oversoul's payment of it. So it's up to Oversoul whether he wants to Scroll Rack or end his turn.

B

BigBlue

But, I don't think MM would have played it had he realized OS had so much mana available... That's what happens when we play so fast here - I know I'm as guilty of it as anyone... I just assume no responses (becuase usually they wouldn't matter anyways)... So, we'll slow down the play and go person by person to see what responses they have (I have none to anything, so I always will pass priority to speed it up).

They are supposed to go in order - so priority is OS, DF, MM, Spidey, Ally, Me (pass)

EDIT - OS has 8 cards in hand, forgot to take out Reya...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, you're right. Hence his question about having enough mana... well, I can say right now that I have no responses to what's going on :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, I think that myself and Al0ysius should still do our moves.... it's my fault for being a dunce about the mana.......
It still makes OS tap out to pay it.....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it'd leave one land open due to my Heartbeat. But then Oversoul doesn't have enough mana for the Avenger, so Al0ysiusHWWW won't have to counter it...

I mean, we gotta be forgiving a little due to the forum nature, so if you thought you could Mana Leak the Dawnbringer 'cause Oversoul couldn't pay, then I think it's okay to rewind it so you don't have to play it since he CAN pay. Unless you wanted to tie up his mana anyways... it's up to you.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'd still want to make him tap mana, since he is the force of the table and not having a lot of mana so others can do something about him..... Lord knows I got nothing else.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so Mooseman Mana Leaks and Oversoul pays. Dawnbringer is still on the stack, any more responses (pretty much from Al0ysiusHWWW at this point)?

In Play:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,U,U) Island x4

Hand: 0
In Play:

(TU) Scrubland (T: W or B; Swamp Plains)

Graveyard: Castigate, Castigate, Vindicate, Vampire Bats, Batwing Brume
RFG:

Hand: 9
In Play:
-(T,T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x7

-(U) Scroll Rack (1, T: switch some number of cards in my hand with cards from the top of my library)

-(U,U) Serra Avenger (3/3; Flying, Vigilance) x2

In Play:

(U) Savannah (W/G)
(U,U) Forest
(U) Plains
(U) Maze of Ith

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(TTT) Island x3
(T) Forest

Graveyard: Naturalize, Long-Term Plans, Mana Leak
RFG: