Tribal #11

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm actually rooting for Mooseman too... I didn't think dwarves were a viable MP tribe, despite the fact that they're my favorite; that's why I haven't played them yet...

EOT, put a ctr on my Titanium

Untap, upkeep - reveal Brass Herald, doh! BB can resolve its ability when he gets on since it's not going to affect my play, Draw

Titanium Golem

Done

Oversoul: 18
Hand: 1
Library: 39
In Play:
-(U, U) Overgrown Tomb x2 (swamp/forest)
-(T, T, U, U) Forest x4
-(T, U) Swamp x2

-(U, U, U) Symbiotic Wurm (7/7; When ~ goes to the gy from play, put 7 green 1/1 Insect tokens into play) x3
-(U) Penumbra Wurm (6/6; trample, when it dies, I get a 6/6 black trampling wurm token)
-(S) Thundering Wurm (4/4)
- (UUUUUUU) Insect (1/1) x7

Graveyard: Fallow Wurm, Harvest Wurm, Pattern of Rebirth, Defense of the Heart, Symbiotic Wurm, Golgari Rotwurm, Forest
RFG:

Mooseman: 16
Hand: 5
Library: 42
In Play:

(UTTTT) Mountain x5

Leyline of Lightning ( If Leyline of Lightning is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it in play. Whenever you play a spell, you may pay 1. If you do, Leyline of Lightning deals 1 damage to target player. )

Sword of the Meek
( Equipped creature gets +1/+2. Equip 2
Whenever a 1/1 creature comes into play under your control, you may return Sword of the Meek from your graveyard to play, then attach it to that creature.)

(U) Dwarven Pony (2/3 due to Meek, 1R, tap: Target Dwarf gains mountainwalk until end of turn.) ~Meeked~
(U) Dwarven Lieutenant (1/2, 1R: Target Dwarf gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)
(U) Dwarven Driller (2/2, T Destroy target land unless its controller has Dwarven Driller deal 2 damage to him or her.)
(T) Bomb Squad (1/1, Tap: Put a fuse counter on target creature. At the beginning of your upkeep, put a fuse counter on each creature that has a fuse counter on it. Whenever a creature has four or more fuse counters on it, remove all fuse counters from it and destroy it. That creature deals 4 damage to its controller. )

Graveyard: Bomb Squad
RFG:

BigBlue: 19
Hand: 4
In Play:

(Ench) Shapeshifter's Marrow (At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, they reveal the top card of their library. If it's a creature place it in their GY and ~ becomes a copy of it w/o this ability. Otherwise replace it on top of their library)

(UUT) Caldera Lake (T:1; T:U or R and ~ deals 1 dmg to me; cip tapped) x2
(UU) Steam Vents (T: U or R; cip tapped unless I pay 2 life)
(T) Volcanic Island (R/U dual)
(U) Island
(T) Mountain

(U) Taurean Mauler (25/25 due to ctrs; Changeling; Whenever an opponent plays a spell, I may put a +1/+1 conter on ~) ~22 +1/+1 Counters ~+1/+1 from Herald
(U) Beast of Burden (25/25; ~'s power and toughness are equal to the # of creatures in play) (Originally Shapeshifter's Marrow) ~+1/+1 from Herald
(U) Crag Puca (2/4; (U/R: Switch ~'s P/T) ~ 4/2 until eot
(T) Torchling (3/3; R: Untap; R: Target Creature must block ~ if able; R: Change target of target spell which targets only ~; 1: +1/-1 until eot; 1: -1/+1 until eot) ~ 1 Fuse Counter
(S) Brass Herald (3/3 due to itself, As ~ CIP, choose a creature type [???]. When ~ CIP, reveal the top 4 cards of my library. Put all creature cards of the chosen type revealed this way into my hand and the rest at the bottom of my library in any order. Creatures of the chosen type get +1/+1)

Graveyard: Torchling
RFG:

Spiderman: 20
Library: 38
In Play:

(T,T,U,U) Plains x4
(T,T,T,U) Forest x4

Spidersilk Armor (Creatures I control get +0/+1 and have reach)

(U) Dragon Blood (3, T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature)

(U) Titanium Golem (7/8, Reach due to Herald, ctr, and Armor, 1W: ~ gains first strike ueot) *3 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Beast of Burden (25/26, Reach due to Herald and Armor; ~'s power and toughness are equal to the # of creatures in play)
(U) Brass Herald (3/4, Reach due to itself and Armor, As ~ CIP, choose a creature type [Golem]. When ~ CIP, reveal the top 4 cards of my library. Put all creature cards of the chosen type revealed this way into my hand and the rest at the bottom of my library in any order. Creatures of the chosen type get +1/+1)
(S) Titanium Golem (4/5, Reach due to Herald and Armor, 1W: ~ gains first strike ueot)

Graveyard: Harrow, Forest, Beast of Burden, Brass Herald
RFG:

B

BigBlue

edit to reflect correct info.

Still Oversoul's turn...

Hand: 1
Library: 39
In Play:
-(T, T, U, U) Forest x4
-(T, U) Swamp x2

-(U, U, U) Symbiotic Wurm (7/7; When ~ goes to the gy from play, put 7 green 1/1 Insect tokens into play) x3
-(U) Penumbra Wurm (6/6; trample, when it dies, I get a 6/6 black trampling wurm token)
-(S) Thundering Wurm (4/4)
- (UUUUUUU) Insect (1/1) x7

Graveyard: Fallow Wurm, Harvest Wurm, Pattern of Rebirth, Defense of the Heart, Symbiotic Wurm, Golgari Rotwurm, Forest
RFG:

In Play:

(UTTTT) Mountain x5

Leyline of Lightning ( If Leyline of Lightning is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it in play. Whenever you play a spell, you may pay 1. If you do, Leyline of Lightning deals 1 damage to target player. )

Sword of the Meek
Whenever a 1/1 creature comes into play under your control, you may return Sword of the Meek from your graveyard to play, then attach it to that creature.)

(U) Dwarven Pony (2/3 due to Meek, 1R, tap: Target Dwarf gains mountainwalk until end of turn.) ~Meeked~
(U) Dwarven Driller (2/2, T Destroy target land unless its controller has Dwarven Driller deal 2 damage to him or her.)
(T) Bomb Squad (1/1, Tap: Put a fuse counter on target creature. At the beginning of your upkeep, put a fuse counter on each creature that has a fuse counter on it. Whenever a creature has four or more fuse counters on it, remove all fuse counters from it and destroy it. That creature deals 4 damage to its controller. )

RFG:

In Play:

(U) Island
(T) Mountain

(U) Taurean Mauler (26/26 due to ctrs; Changeling; Whenever an opponent plays a spell, I may put a +1/+1 conter on ~) ~23 +1/+1 Counters ~+1/+1 from Herald
(U) Beast of Burden (27/27; ~'s power and toughness are equal to the # of creatures in play) (Originally Shapeshifter's Marrow) ~+1/+1 from Herald
(U) Crag Puca (2/4; (U/R: Switch ~'s P/T)
(T) Torchling (3/3; R: Untap; R: Target Creature must block ~ if able; R: Change target of target spell which targets only ~; 1: +1/-1 until eot; 1: -1/+1 until eot) ~ 1 Fuse Counter
(S) Brass Herald (3/3, As ~ CIP, choose a creature type []. When ~ CIP, reveal the top 4 cards of my library. Put all creature cards of the chosen type revealed this way into my hand and the rest at the bottom of my library in any order. Creatures of the chosen type get +1/+1) ~+1/+1 from spidey's Herald ~Formerly Shapeshifter's Marrow

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,U,U) Plains x4
(T,T,T,U) Forest x4

(U) Titanium Golem (7/8, Reach due to Herald, ctr, and Armor, 1W: ~ gains first strike ueot) *3 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Beast of Burden (27/28, Reach due to Herald and Armor; ~'s power and toughness are equal to the # of creatures in play)
(U) Brass Herald (3/4, Reach due to itself and Armor, As ~ CIP, choose a creature type [Golem]. When ~ CIP, reveal the top 4 cards of my library. Put all creature cards of the chosen type revealed this way into my hand and the rest at the bottom of my library in any order. Creatures of the chosen type get +1/+1)
(S) Titanium Golem (4/5, Reach due to Herald and Armor, 1W: ~ gains first strike ueot)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So when is your copy coming into play to trigger the CIP ability? I think the Shapeshifter's Marrow is already in play and is just becoming a copy of the Herald.

B

BigBlue

Ahhh... Good Point... I'll correct this - Herald will not make choices... cards will go back where they belong... (Which I'd actually prefer anyways)

B

BigBlue

I was wondering if I needed to or not...

Before my next draw, is that for certain?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You didn't know the position of any of the cards in you library, correct? Then it's just looking at extra cards and you will need to shuffle.....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He can't put them back on top of his library? I thought the order he wrote them was the order he drew them, so that should be easy to do... if not, then I guess he does need to shuffle...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman;278159 said:
He can't put them back on top of his library? I thought the order he wrote them was the order he drew them, so that should be easy to do... if not, then I guess he does need to shuffle...
Can I look at the top four cards of my library and put them back in that order too? But what ever the group decides is cool with me....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<shrug> It's additional info, sure. But the order doesn't change and I trust BB not to make plays knowing what he's going to draw... but I'll go with the group decision too on whether he should shuffle or not.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sorry, that was uncalled for...... not feeling well today.
Shuffling just sets the deck to random, like it was before cards were revealed...
Oversoul?

B

BigBlue

Well, in addition to that, they were revealed to everyone...

To be honest I don't think this game is going to last 4 more turns for me... OS is going to get whatever he's looking for eventually - and the Bomb Squad is forcing me to act quicker than I'd prefer.

I don't care if I shuffle or not either. If this were a tourney - obviously things would be different...

I propose 3 choices:

Replace them at the top - everyone knows what I'm drawing.
Move them to the bottom - no one will know what I'm drawing.
Shuffle library - no one will know what I'm drawing.

I don't get a vote since I made the gaffe. Those would be the 3 choices I'd offer if someone else did the same in a casual game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Oversoul saw them and I forgot them, to be honest.

I helped make the gaffe so I should probably abstain but any of those choices are fine with me. Like I said, I trust you about not making plays if you go for 1 but it doesn't matter to me if you're willing to shuffle anyways...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm not even really sure what you guys are talking about, but I probably can't do anything about it anyway, so I'll take my turn...

Untap, upkeep, draw, Swamp, Penumbra Wurm, done.

Hand: 0
In Play:
-(T, T, T, T) Forest x4
-(T, T) Swamp x2

-(U, S) Penumbra Wurm (6/6; trample, when it dies, I get a 6/6 black trampling wurm token) x2
-(U) Thundering Wurm (4/4)
-(UUUUUUU) Insect (1/1) x7

RFG:

In Play:

(UTTTT) Mountain x5

Sword of the Meek

RFG:

In Play:

(U) Island
(T) Mountain

(U) Taurean Mauler (26/26 due to ctrs; Changeling; Whenever an opponent plays a spell, I may put a +1/+1 conter on ~) ~23 +1/+1 Counters ~+1/+1 from Herald
(U) Beast of Burden (27/27; ~'s power and toughness are equal to the # of creatures in play) (Originally Shapeshifter's Marrow) ~+1/+1 from Herald
(S) Brass Herald (3/3, As ~ CIP, choose a creature type []. When ~ CIP, reveal the top 4 cards of my library. Put all creature cards of the chosen type revealed this way into my hand and the rest at the bottom of my library in any order. Creatures of the chosen type get +1/+1) ~+1/+1 from spidey's Herald ~Formerly Shapeshifter's Marrow

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,U,U) Plains x4
(T,T,T,U) Forest x4

(U) Beast of Burden (27/28, Reach due to Herald and Armor; ~'s power and toughness are equal to the # of creatures in play)

RFG:

B

BigBlue

os - I made a misplay on the Herald - treated it as though it CIP when it was already in play... so I called Shapeshifter and revealed the top 4 cards... Mooseman then pointed out Marrow was already in play so CIP didn't apply... I replaced the cards, then Mooseman said I needed to shuffle as well.

Spidey doesn't care if I shuffle or not.
I offered 3 suggestions, replace them in order, move them to the bottom, or shuffle.
So, since I know the top 4 cards, which of those choices would you prefer?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, draw, Dwarven Recruiter
Do not find any in the search.....
Done

In Play:
-(T, T, T, T) Forest x4
-(T, T) Swamp x2

-(U, S) Penumbra Wurm (6/6; trample, when it dies, I get a 6/6 black trampling wurm token) x2

RFG:

Library: 41
In Play:

(UUTTT) Mountain x5

Sword of the Meek

(S) Dwarven Recruiter (2/2, When Dwarven Recruiter comes into play, search your library for any number of Dwarf cards and reveal those cards. Shuffle your library, then put them on top of it in any order.)

RFG:

In Play:

(U) Island
(T) Mountain

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,U,U) Plains x4
(T,T,T,U) Forest x4

RFG:

B

BigBlue

Take the 2 counters (Wurm & Recruiter) (Adding the Fuse counter from your upkeep Mooseman)

Shuffling.

UUD

Play Volcanic Island
Attack Spiderman w/ BoB & Torchling. Force all his dudes to block Torchling.

In Play:
-(T, T, T, T) Forest x4
-(T, T) Swamp x2

RFG:

In Play:

(UUTTT) Mountain x5

Sword of the Meek

(U) Bomb Squad (1/1, Tap: Put a fuse counter on target creature. At the beginning of your upkeep, put a fuse counter on each creature that has a fuse counter on it. Whenever a creature has four or more fuse counters on it, remove all fuse counters from it and destroy it. That creature deals 4 damage to its controller. )
(S) Dwarven Recruiter (2/2, When Dwarven Recruiter comes into play, search your library for any number of Dwarf cards and reveal those cards. Shuffle your library, then put them on top of it in any order.)

RFG:

In Play:

(UUU) Caldera Lake (T:1; T:U or R and ~ deals 1 dmg to me; cip tapped) x2
(TU) Steam Vents (T: U or R; cip tapped unless I pay 2 life)
(TT) Volcanic Island (R/U dual)
(U) Island
(T) Mountain

(U) Taurean Mauler (28/28 due to ctrs; Changeling; Whenever an opponent plays a spell, I may put a +1/+1 conter on ~) ~25 +1/+1 Counters ~+1/+1 from Spidey's Herald
(T) Beast of Burden (29/29; ~'s power and toughness are equal to the # of creatures in play) (Originally Shapeshifter's Marrow) ~+1/+1 from Herald
(T) Torchling (3/3; R: Untap; R: Target Creature must block ~ if able; R: Change target of target spell which targets only ~; 1: +1/-1 until eot; 1: -1/+1 until eot) ~ 2 Fuse Counters
(U) Brass Herald (3/3, As ~ CIP, choose a creature type []. When ~ CIP, reveal the top 4 cards of my library. Put all creature cards of the chosen type revealed this way into my hand and the rest at the bottom of my library in any order. Creatures of the chosen type get +1/+1) ~+1/+1 from spidey's Herald ~Formerly Shapeshifter's Marrow

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,U,U) Plains x4
(T,T,T,U) Forest x4

RFG: