Team Set- Card Submition

• Thread starter FoundationOfRancor
  • Start date
F

FoundationOfRancor

Isle Dialect -Rare or Uncommon (Name suggestions?)
2U
During your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library. If that card is a Black or White card, put it into your hand and discard a card.
Blue creatures you control may not attack.

Im sorry I havent commented on cards recently, I will do so soon.

[I edited it and added the "discard a card" thing to it. I also changed it so the draw/discard was mandatory if the card on top of your library was white or black. -FoR]

N

NeuroDeus

Celestial Flash :- Simply powerful... It's Marsh Gas and more... Why not -2/-0 all creatures? or instead 1WW for a cost?

Scrying Pool - interesting card... FoR ?

Isle Dialect - I don't know? Isn't it a bit to powerful? I mean it would be great in blue/black where you can draw cantrip black creatures free and having all non blue creatures unable to attack...?

a card of mine...

Unstable Valley
Land
T:Choose an untapped permanent you control in play other than Unstable Valley. Add two mana of the color of that permanent or if that permanent is colorless add 2 colorless mana to your mana pool. Tap the chosen permanent.

Needs rewording but it works like this

1. Choose untapped permanet you control.
2. Add mana of the color of permanent.
3. Tap that permanet.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Invisible Ring Alpha 0
Artifact
When ~this~ comes into play, remove a creature you control from the game.
3T: ~this~ deals damage equal equal to the removed creature's power to target creature or player.

or

Invisible Ring Beta 0
Artifact
When ~this~ comes into play, remove a creature you control from the game.
3T: ~this~ deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is equal to the power of the removed creature.

A wording issue here....

Anyway, on to commenting cards...

Giggling Nymph
Excellent, thought provoking card. Excellent job NeuroDeus.

Elvish Servant
This is merely a green version of Keldon Warlord. Maybe we could tweak this a little to make it more interesting...a +1+2 counter for each green creature? A +2+2 counter for each wall in play? Tell me what you think!

Brairwood Golem
Looks good to me, but a name change is order because Brairwood Cup is a card, and we dont want any rescemblance to the magic world. Mud golem? What do you suggest?

Horn of Sweetdrinkp
Looks fine to me, but the second ability should be able to add two colored mana.

Walls of Paradise
I see your point in the Utopia/Bop comparison. This card is balanced.

Cemetery Shapeshifter
Im pretty sure this card needs re-wording, but Im not sure how to do it. Chaos Turtle? Istanbul? Duke?

Rhino of Opal
Should cost 3GGG.
I think the color thing should cost 2GG or 2G.

Celestial Flash
I agree with NeuroDues that this should be -2-o. Other than that, I like it:)

Streaming Flare
Interesting, arguably better than Lunge from MM. Lunge never saw play...
The wording should be something like "Streaming Flare deals 2 damage to target creature. If that creature is put into the graveyard this turn, you may deal 2 damage to the owner of that creature."

Scrying Pool
This card IS interesting...im not so sure about it. It seems balanced...

Isle Dialect
Your right...how about when you draw the card, you have to discard a card?

Unstable Valley
"T: Choose target non-land, untapped permanent in play. Add one mana of the color of the chosen card to your mana pool. Tap the chosen permanent."
How does that sound? I dont agree with the 2 colorless thing, as that is too much mana.

D

Duster

Brairwood Golem is a legit name, as the existing card is actuall BraiDwood Cup.

If I had more time, I'd have more cards and opinions, sorry guys! :)

S'all,
Duster

N

NeuroDeus

I liked the rewording of Unstable Valley... About Cemetrey Shapeshifter do you think he should be dumped?

The last card by you FoR seems quiet interesting but have a clear idea how the card would be before I comment...

Some Card/s

Rice Fields - Rare / Uncommon
Land
T:Add U to your mana pool.
0:Untap Rice Fields. Use this ability only if Rice Fields was tapped during your opponent's turn and only once each turn.

Perfect Conditions
U
Sorcery
You win the game if all lands in play are tapped, all players have exactly 6 cards in there hand and each player controls 2 or more creatures.

N

NeuroDeus

Arctic Snow Storm - Uncommon/Rare
1WU
Instant
Destroy target artifact. Search that artifact's owners deck for a copy of the same card and put it into play under your control.

C

Cateran Emperor

Arrogant Knight
BB
Creature - Knight; 5/3
First Strike, Protection from White
Arrogant Knight cannot attack unless you control at least 4 Swamps.

Humble Knight
WW
Creature - Knight; 3/5
First Strike, Protection from Black
Humble Knight cannot attack unless you control at least 4 Plains.

Karvok, Paladin of Night
2BBBB
Creature - Knight Legend; 5/5
First Strike
2BB, Tap: Destroy target nonblack creature, it can't be regenerated.
1BB, Tap: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
BB: Target player discards a card at random from his hand. You cannot play this ability on any player's draw step.

Ragnarok
RRRR
Enchantment
Players no longer lose the game from being unable to draw cards.
When Ragnarok comes into play, shuffle all other permanents, hands, and graveyards into their owner's libraries and set each player's life total to 20. Each player then searches his or her library for up to five creature cards and puts those cards into play. Then remove all libraries from the game.
All creatures gain "Tap: This creature deals damage equal to its power to target creature."

*Now that's a lot of text!*

L

Landkiller

Psychic Furnace 3R
Enchantment
During each player's upkeep, that player may deal X damage to any target creature or player. X is the number of cards in that player's hand.

Templar Crossbowmen 3W
Creature - Soldier
Each creature you control gains "T: Deal 1 damage to target attacking creature."
2/3

Reconsider W
Instant
Counter target non-creature spell. That's spell's caster may search his or her graveyard for any card and put that card in his or her hand.
The king dismissed the plan with a wave of his hand. "See if you have anything more - interesting to offer."

Comet Attack RB
Sorcery
Target player discards a card and is dealt damage equal to the converted mana cost of that card.

L

Landkiller

Purge Traitor 1B
Instant
Remove from the game any creature you own : Draw two cards.
"Ah, he looked like a traitor anyway." - random evil legend

Inquiry 1WU
Instant
Look at target player's hand. Draw two cards.
"Well, if you've got nothing to hide, what are you so afraid of?" - attributed to someone

Indisposed 1W
Enchant Creature
Enchanted Creature taps at the beginning of it's owners attack step.
"Please leave a message and I'll get back with you as soon as I can."

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by NeuroDeus
When Crade's Spider comes remove from the game an enchantment you control.
I don't think any of us wants to be around when a spider comes... you should change it to comes into play.

Shouldn't this have "~ may block creatures with flying."?

Perfect Situation (or whatever) is a little weird. Either it wouldn't see play, or someone would find a way to abuse it, and it would become the most popular card in the set.

Everything else so far seems very good.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Rice Fields
Im cool with this, but I would want to either make it a legendary land, or attach a "comes into play tapped" thang.

Perfect Conditions
Hmmm....Im going to say no, simply because I dont really like too many of these "win the game" things...what does everyone else think? Lol, I know Thallid disaporves:)

Arctic Snow Storm
Either WWU, or UUW. Im leaning toward UUW.
Still, this card is pretty powerful...

Crade's Spider
I like it, but I agree with Thallid; should have a "Can block as though it has flying"
I dont think we would need to tweak the cost to add that one either.

Arrogant Knight
I think this guy would be better as either a 4/3 or a 3/3. Remeber, this isnt *that* big of a disadvantage, and 5/3 first strike is alot. Just to make it a reflection of white, I say make this 4/3 and make the white version 2/5.

Humble Knight
2/5.

Karvok, Paladin of Night
This shouldnt be in here if we plan to include your versatility dudes CE. If we dont, then toss 'em in!

Ragnarok
This is intense! I love this card, great job CE! I have no idea of its balanced or not...?

Psychic Furnace
This should probablly be a multicolor card. I think it would do *ok* in red though; we could kinda keep it as both and throw it in as gold if there arent enough of them...

Templar Crossbowmen
Ok

Reconsider
Im not sure of what to think of this card...it should be white, right?

Comet Attack
I really like this card! I think it should be changed to 1RB, and make the card random though.

Purge Traitor
Either 1B as a sorcery or 2B as an instant.

Inquiry
Im not sure of the implications of this double cantrip. We could make it cost WU and one card, but then it probablly wouldnt get played...uhhh....someone else?

Indisposed
Looks good to me, a little rewording needed...

*Also*
Everyone, once someone makes a comment on your card that you agree with, please go back and edit it with the proper changes, this is alomost *vital* to the orgnization of the set. Please!

N

NeuroDeus

04-02-01 11:39 PM was the time when I posted Perfect Conditions becuase it was the Perfect Condition and Date to post a joke card that still looked serious... Perfect Condition is out... forget it just a joke buddies...

Crade's Spider - Common (Remake, ignore all other versions)
1GG
Creature - Spider
2/5
When Crade's Spider comes into play sacrifice an enchantment you control or sacrifice Crade's Spider.
Crade's Spider may block as though it had flying.
1: Crade's Spider becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.

L

Landkiller

Perhaps you should reconsider Reconsider:)

Reconsider's real use is to counter your own spell, and choose a card in your graveyard to return to your hand.

Like you cast Armageddon, Reconsider, and return Rout to your hand.

It helps win the counter wars, by countering your own spell that in response to it being countered.

That, or it is a desperation move against something very bad.

That, or you target your own uncounterable spell to get a free card from the graveyard.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Well then, perhaps we can make it say "Counter target spell you control?"

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ancient Borders -Rare
2W
Instant
Target creature gets +0+9 untill end of turn. If that creature is a wall, it gets an additional +9+0 untill end of turn.

-This card is dangerous with rolling stones, but I think at 2R its ok. Possible conversion to a green card.

Short Sight -Common
W
Instant
Remove an attacking creature from combat

Weight (Name Suggestion?) Uncommon
2RR
Enchantment
When ~this~ comes into play, draw a card.
All creatures lose flying and first strike.

Brine Shifter -Common
2UU
Creature -Merfolk
2/2
Islandwalk
If Brine Sabaoth is enchanted, it gets +2+0.

Timber Golem -Uncommon/Rare
Artifact Creature -Golem
4/5
Creatures you control other than Timber Golem may not attack.

N

NeuroDeus

Why not a white Ancient Borders... I really feel it should be white because white is the color of "wall" management. Otherwise its really a great card... And it should be a must rare...

Change Confusion "remove target creature from combat" to avoid confusion :)

Weight and Brine guy ok...

N

NeuroDeus

The oldest cards I invented...

Kjeldor Infantry (needs name change)
1W
Creature - Soldier
1/1
If you control at least two Kjeldor Infantry then all Kjeldor Infantry get +1/+0.
If you control at least three Kjeldor Infantry then all Kjeldor Infantry gain +0/+1 and first strike.
If you control at least four Kjeldor Infantry then all Kjeldor Infantry get +3/+3 and may block as though they had flying.

[bonus given only once not if you control 4 they all get the bonus x4]

Noble Golem
Artifact Creature
2/6
1,T: Put a -1/-1 counter on Noble Golem: Target creature gets +2/+1 until end of turn.
3,T: Sacrifice Noble Golem: Creatures you control get +4/+2 until end of turn. Play this ability only if you control at least 3 creatures.

Rise of the Infidels
4BB
Sorcery
Play only before you combat step. All creatures you control gain +5/+0 until end of turn and all creatures you don't control get -1/-1 until end of turn. Target opponent gains control of all your creatures at the end of your turn.

Book of the Chosen
Artifact
When Book of the Choosen comes into play put a Chosen counter on all lands, artifacts and enchantments.
5,T:Tap all permanents with a Chosen Counter.
[completely new]

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Ancient Borders should only boost toughness if not a wall, as this would be in keeping with the card's flavor.
Maybe this:

Ancient Borders
2W
Instant
Target creature gets +0/+6 until end of turn. If it is a wall, it gets an additional +6/+0 until end of turn.
(+9/+9 for a wall is still too much.)

Short Sight: You can easily use this on your own creatures if they would die to a Giant Growthed-blocker, so it is pretty versatile. However, we should make this 1W and a cantrip to make it more flexible (unless we have too many cantrips already).

Weight: This card is much better than Gravity Sphere from Legends, which was 2R for Enchant World, All creatures lose flying. This should probably cost at least 2RR, maybe 5 mana...

Brine Sabaoth: Fine, but what's a "sabaoth" (or whatever it was)?

Timber Golem: Pretty good.

Kjeldor Infantry: I know you don't want the bonuses for each Infantry to apply once for each infantry, but without some really difficult templating work, this would definitely be the case. Besides, we won't be using Kjeldoran creatures (although that could easily be fixed by changing the creature type). We should probably scrap this, or find some way to simplify it (no offense).

Noble Golem: The second ability should give no more than +2/+2 to all creatures you control, probably less. Otherwise, you're sacrificing a creature and paying 3 for at least 12 extra power. That could easily be abused.

Rise of the Infidels: I imagine that this would be pretty good if ritualed out on turn 4... You might want to find some way to weaken this, without raising its cost...

Book of the Chosen: Fine, except that enchantments can't be tapped.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Border Guard
2WW
Creature - Sentinel
Tap: Untap all creatures.
2W: Untap Border Guard.
2/2

Military Parade
1W
Enchantment
When Military Parade comes into play, choose a creature type.
2W: Choose another creature type.
Creatures of the chosen creature type get +1/+1.

Revere
1W
Instant
Tap an untapped creature you control, then gain life equal to its power.

Arcane Restraint
3U
Enchantment
Nonblue spells cost 1 more to play.

Psychic Influence
1U
Enchant Creature
When Psychic Influence comes into play, draw a card.
1U: Tap or untap enchanted creature.

Stench of Death
2BB
Enchantment
When a creature is put into the graveyard from play, you may put a -0/-1 counter on target creature.

Ember Puma
2RR
Creature - Cat
During your upkeep, put a +1/-1 counter on Ember Puma.
3/3
It dies quickly, but its enemies die even faster.

Elven Regalia
G (I lowered its cost because no one could use it on turn two or three [normally] anyway...)
Enchant Creature
3G: Put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature, then put Elven Regalia onto target creature.

Unfamiliar Ground
1G
Sorcery
Put target island or swamp on top of owner's library.

[Made changes according to FoR's suggestions... -TICM]

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ancient Borders
Does anyone have a better name for this card?
I agree with you Thallid, but I think the pump should be bigger for the wall, considering its 2W and targeting a wall. On the other hand, if we make it bigger, its dangerous with sacred borders...so how about we make it 1W with a lower pump. How about +0+3, and an additional +5+2?

Short Sight
I think we may have to many cantrip's already, and I dont think we should waste a cantrip slot on an already versatile card.

Weight
Riiiight, I've never even heard of Gravity Sphere...2RR it is.

Brine Sabaoth
I was really tired and sick when I made these cards, so I'm not sure what a Sabaoth means...I dont even think its a word...I'll change the name to Brine Spellcaster, ok?

Kjeldor Infantry
Yes, the name needs to be changed. After a while of thinking, I believe I found a wording that will fit.

Alpha Infantry
1W
1/2
Creature -Solider
If you control at least two Alpha Infantry, then this creature gets +1+0
If you control at least three Alpha Infantry, then this creature gains +0/+1 and first strike.
If you control at least four Alpha Infantry, then this creature gets +3/+3 and may block as though they had flying.

It works basically the same as Muscle Sliver. I *think* this will work.

Noble Golem
I agree with Thallid.

Rise of the Infidels
With Thallid's point, I can see why Wizards is currently cutting dark ritual from the game. I dont think we should change this card because of the Ritual.

Book of the Chosen
Change enchantments to creatures and this might found a new decktype.

Border Guard
Im not sure what to say about this card, it seems cool.

Military Parade
1W. Then I would make the activation cost 2W or 1WW. Probablly 1WW, but it doesent go with the Multicolor theme that this set has been working for...hmm...

Revere
Cut the cantrip.

Arcane Restraint
Looks good to me.

Psychic Influence
Possible cut of cantrip, but I dont think its going to be needed.

Stench of Death
Ok

Ember Puma
I would say a 3/3 and a cc of 2RR.

Elven Regalia
Very interesting, but it might be underpowered. We'll have to see.

Unfamiliar Ground
Theres a card called Fallow Earth (Is that the right name?) that does the same thing for 2G. We could make this a color hoser and make it GG. Like "Put target Swamp or Island on top of its owners library"