Team Set- Card Submition

• Thread starter FoundationOfRancor
  • Start date
F

FoundationOfRancor

Elven Clock -Rare
2G
Enchantment
During your upkeep, put a Moss counter on Infinity.
During any upkeep, any player may pay B,U, or 2 to remove a counter from Moss.
During each players pre-combat main phase, add X mana to their mana pool, where X is equal to the number of Moss counters on Elven Clock.

-The cc should probablly be raised to 2GG, or 3GG.

Kinship Orc -Common
1R
Creature -Orc
2/2
Kinship Orc doesent untap as normal during your untap step.
Untap target creature your oppenent controls: Untap Kinship Orc.

Devilish Fiend -Uncommon
3B
Creature -Fiend
2/2
Swampwalk
If Devilish Fiend attacks and is not blocked, you may choose to have it deal no damage to defending player this turn. If you do so, that player then loses life equal to the number of swamps you control minus 3.

Moss Fiend -Uncommon
2BB
Creature -Fiend
At the end of any combat phase, put a Paralyze counter on any creature blocked by or blocking Moss Fiend.
Any player may pay 4 to remove a Paralyze counter from a creature.
Creatures with Paralyze counters on them do not untap during their controllers untap step.
3/1

Diminish -Common
2GG
Sorcery
Destroy target land. If that land is a non-basic land, gain 3 life.

Open Market -Uncommon
2W
Enchantment
When Open Market comes into play, choose a color.
2W: Target creature cannot be blocked by a creature of the chosen color untill end of turn.

Blockade -Rare
1U
Enchantment
During your upkeep, sacrifice an island.
Target oppenent cannot cast creature spells.

Banding Legend -Uncommon
1R
Enchant Creature
1R: Target attacking creature gets +X+X untill end of turn, where X is equal to the number of attacking creatures. You may only use this ability once per turn, and only if enchanted creature is attacking.

C

Chaos Turtle

Colorfull Apes
uhm...

Infinity
The card works fine with re-templating, but I'd suggest changing the name and counter type, since time is not
really in green's theme. (Elven Clock?)
2G is okay. The ability isn't overly powerful.

Kinship Orc
Needs rewording. "At the bginning of your upkeep you may untap target tapped creature an opponent controls. If you do...etc"

Devilish Fiend
2/2 swampwalkers normally cost 2B, so how about 1BB or 3B?
Ability can be simplified, "equal to the number of swamps you control, minus 3."

Moss Fiend
Paralysis is generally a black or blue ability. If you must have it on a green creature, cost it high and give it a low power. Also have the ability actually tap the affected creature (like the card, Paralyze) to make it useful.

Diminish
Green landkill should defnitely be a sorcery.
Cost it at 2GG since generic green landkill costs 1GG.

Open Market
If white gets "can't be blocked," it needs a restriction. By creatures of a certain color(s), with power X or greater, or (rarely) by more than one creature.
Suggest costing the card higher and the ability lower. (2W and 2W I think would be best.)

Blockade
Reword. Also, something that flat-out says "no creature spells" needs an upkeep; a steep one, like sacrifice an Island or something; or a way to get around it, like that player may sacrifice a permanent to ignore this effect until end of turn. Something like that.

Banding Legend
Also make the ability usable only if enchanted creature is attacking. This is very powerful in an aggressive deck. Consider making the ability targetted, so it would cost more to give the bonus to more creatures. (i.e. - 4 creatures attack, each R gives a creature +4/+4, can only target the same creature once per turn. Think about raising the activation cost to 1R while you're at it.

A good, creative crop of cards, but generally overpowered/undercosted.
I'm surprised not many others are giving their input here.

L

Landkiller

Master's Bidding 1B
Sorcery
As an additional cost to play Master's Bidding, reveal your hand, and discard all creature cards.
Target opponent reveals his or her hand and discards a creature of your choice. Then choose a creature in any opponent's graveyard and put it into play tapped.

Broken Gemstone 0
Artifact
During your upkeep, lose 1 life.
T : Add 1 mana to your mana pool.
0 : Sacrifice Broken Gemstone.

Distant Prophecy 1WG
Enchantment
Whenever you play a creature, you may discard a copy of that creature from your hand. If you do, draw a card and put a Prophecy counter on that creature. Creatures with Prophecy counters cannot be the target of spells or abilities and are +2+2.

Hidden Cave
Land
1, T : Target creature you control does not deal or recieve combat damage this turn.
T : Add 1 to your mana pool. Hidden Cave returns to it's owners hand.

Mystic Sundial G
Enchant Land
When Mystic Sundial comes into play, choose a color.
During your upkeep, put a counter on Mystic Sundial.
When there are three counters on Mystic Sundial, all creatures you control gain protection from any color.
When there are four counters on Mystic Sundial, remove three counters from Mystic Sundial, and sacrifice a creature or sacrifice enchanted land.

Senseless Violence RR
Sorcery
Play only before combat.
All creatures you control that do not attack this turn are destroyed at the end of the turn.
All untapped creatures target player controls that do not block are destroyed at the end of the turn.
All creatures gain +1+0 until end of turn.

Muttering Mage UB
Creature - Wizard
When Muttering Mage comes into play, name a non-land card.
Whenever a player plays the named card, that player draws a card, and all other players discard a card.
2/2

Affliction BR
Instant
Target player chooses two creatures he or she controls. Pay X life. Each creature is -X-X until end of turn.

D

Duster

Dire Intervention 1BU Rare (Uncommon?)
Instant

As ~this~ is played, you may choose to lose 3 life. If you do, this costs B less to play.
Counter target spell.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Infinity

Ok...Elven Clock sounds good, with Moss counters?

Kinship Orc
I dont see why this needs re-wording?

Moss Fiend
2BB, and tap the creature dude! Also, im gonna make it a 3/1...I dont know the exact wording...any suggestions?

Open Market
Hmmm.....good idea. Color.

Blockade
Sounds good, lower the cc, add a 'sac an island' too.

Banding Legend
Good point...lotta changes here...

Master's Bidding
I would either make the card cost 4B, or remove creature ressurection ability.

Broken Gemstone
Lose to sacrifice ability to balance it.

Distant Prophecy
This card is awesome! I love it! Way to be landKiller!

Hidden Cave
I like it, but I would drop the 1 to actvate the fog ability.

Mystic Sundial
I dont know what to make of this card...

Muttering Mage
I like!

F

FoundationOfRancor

Coastal Wave -Uncommon (Or common)
1U
Instant
As an additional cost to play Coastal Wave, discard a card.
Return target creature to the top of its owners library.

-Theres a card that does the same thing for 4U, but its an instant and without the discard drawback-is it enough to balance this card? To much?

Arms Race -Uncommon (or Rare)
1U
Enchantment
1U, Sacrifice Arms Race: Each player may look through his or her library and put an artifact card into play, tapped. All players shuffle their librarys afterwards.

-I think this is a more balanced and interactive version of tinker.

Silent Dreadnought -Common
Artifact creature -Ship
When Silent Dreadnought comes into play, draw a card. If any oppenent controls a island, draw another card.
Silent Dreadnought cannot attack or block unless defending player controls an island.
Discard two cards: Target land is an island untill end of turn.
7/7

Clear Armor -Common (Bad name, I know)
2R
Creature Enchantment
When Clear Armor comes into play, draw a card.
Enchanted creature is now colorless.

Dashing Centaur -Uncomon (Or Common)
3WG
Creature -Centaur
First strike.
Protection from black.
1G: Dashing Centaur gains +1/+0 or +0/+1 untill end of turn.
3/3

-I know Haste isnt usually a green ability, but do we really want to limit *haste* to only red creatures or gold creatures? Doesent that seem kinda...boring? Remember, "Unaffected by summuning sickiness" could be applied to all creatures.

And I wanted to thank Chaos Turtle for his comments and suggestions, they have helped quite alot. Thanks:)

C

Chaos Turtle

I've been trying to avoid the rewording/template game, but I'll do it in cases where it's specifically requested.

Kinship Orc
Actually you're right. I wasn't registering the cost:effect template. It works fine.

Moss Fiend
"Whenever Moss Fiend blocks or is blocked by a creature, tap that creature and put a Paralysis counter on it."
The rest is okay.

Open Market
I like that now. It's kind of like a Story Circle for creatures.

Master's Bidding
As worded, the creature comes into play under it's owners control. I assume you want it to come ito play under your control, so cost it at 4B or 3BB; and reword.

Broken Gemstone
Don't. Even. Go. There.
Okay fine, let's go there. You want a 0 mana cost artifact that produces mana? It needs to be absolutely no better than Mox Diamond. So, you need to sacrifice something..."discard a land" has already been done, so how about "sacrifice a land." And keep your upkeep, but remove the ability to sacrifice it. Since it only make colorless mana, this might not be too strong.

Distant Prophecy
One of the more innovative cards I've ever seen. But I'd leave off the "draw a card" part and probably change the name.

Hidden Cave
I'd make the Fog effect cost G, and remove the "return to hand" penalty for getting mana out of it. (compare to Kor Haven).

Mystic Sundial
Sounds like it should be an artifact. Try having some more fun with it. Maybe a specific ability depending upon the number of counters? But keep the 4-counter penalty htough, to keep it under control.

Muttering Mage
Interesting, but a bit too good. It's a card-advantage machine, so it needs to be costed high (2BU at a minimum). Alternatively, try making it penalize whoever plays the named card instead. That player discards a card, and all other players draw a card.

Affliction
I see no reason for this to have red mana in its cost. 1BB, sorcery.

Coastal Wave
The card you refer to also has an ACC. The normal sorcery version only costs 2U, so I think your version works okay. You could probably get away with making it an instant even.

Silent Dreadnought
Why isn't this blue? I think the card-drawing makes it a little too good. Maybe draw a card unless an opponent controls an island?

White Glasses
Why not "Enchanted creature is colorless?" I'm not sure how to do this one. The only non-artifact that has ever made something colorless is Raging Spirit/Ancient Kavu (becomes colorless) and Ghostly Flame (black and red damage is colorless). So should this be black and red?

Dashing Centaur
Haste: extremely rare in mono-green creatures (only 5 mono-green cards in the history of the game have haste or can give it, and one of those has a red activation cost for the ability).
First Strike: very rare in mono-green, but common in G/W.
Pro Black: works, and even more so if it's a G/W creature.
If you want him to have First Strike, put W in his mana cost. Then make 1G: +1/+0 and 1W: +0/+1
So he's 3GW with a bunch of good abilities and a 3/3. (although there ahs never been a white creature with haste)
In the end, I'm not sure what to do with this one either. There hasn't been a mono-green haste since Yavimaya Ants, but maybe...

Oh, and you're welcome, FoR. It's my pleasure, really. It's fun for me. :cool:
Kinda makes me wish we'd had this kind of commitment when "CoW" was in the works. :rolleyes:

N

Nifallor Ruler of Kairon

Checking..........
1...............ok
2...............ok
3...............ok

Scan completed.

"Wow, nice work all of ya."

Scanning own brains for equal ideas.

-ERROR no brains found-

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos Turtle: Well, FoR was around back then, at least. I liked observing, but I suck at making/evaluating cards.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ok Chaos Turtle, all your damn dirty statistics have made me change my mind; I wanna stay away from gold, but I want Dashing Centaur to be good. So:

Hunting Centaur -Uncommon
3GG
0/1
Creature -Centaur
When Hunting Centaur comes into play, choose a creature.
When Hunting Centaur comes into play, it gets X +1+1 counters, where X is equal to the toughness of the chosen creature.

Centaur Mage -Common
3G
2/4
Creature- Centaur
When Centaur Mage leaves play, you may pay 1G, if you do return a artifact or green card from your graveyard to your hand.

Ok, thats my dilly. What do you guys think? (Lol, I know this is absolutely nothing like Dashing Centaur, but I got inspired...

Oh, and Im gonna make Coastal Wave an instant!

F

FoundationOfRancor

Few Chosen -Rare
3WW
2/2
Creature -Knight
When Chosen Few comes into play, gain 3 life.
During your upkeep you may pay 2W, if you do gain 2 life.
First Strike

-May be way to powerful...

Life Vindication -Rare
1BB
Enchantment
Whenever a non-black creature succesfully damages you, you may pay 1B, if you do, destroy that creature.

What do you guys think? Spiderman, please comment!:)

C

Chaos Turtle

I missed one...

Dire Intervention
You either get a 1BU Counterspell, or a 1U Counterspell if you're willing to pay 3 life. I think this is balanced with only a 2 life payment.
I actually like the idea of this mechanic, btw.

Hunting Centaur
"As ~ comes into play, choose a creature. ~ comes into play with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the toughness of the chosen creature."
Using counters makes it easier to keep track of the P/T, since the chosen creature's toughness may well change, or it might leave play, making "forgetting" the number very easy.
Also run this through your brain: It would be very easy to get a 5/5 or better, with no drawbacks, with this guy. Better make him 3GG.

Centaur Mage
Cool.

Chosen Few
I wonder why you decided to make the ability GW (instead of WW or 1W). No matter, this is pretty strong. I'd suggest getting 2 life if you pay the cost. You could also throw in a CIP ability that gains 2 life.
If you want (remember, just a thought) you could keep the ability at GW and make the creature G/W, which earns you a break on the mana cost...2GW.

Life Vindication
Works fine. Technically worse than the underplayed No Mercy, you could get away with this costing 1BB.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
FoR: Did you miss the line where I said "I suck at evaluation/making cards"? ;)

Okay here, you want my opinion? "They look fine to me" :p

No, seriously, I don't feel I'm qualified for that sort of thing. I barely play as it is and even when I was, I certainly wouldn't know a balanced card when it first came out. Only reading about it afterwards how certain cards dominate do I get the general trend of why something's broken, but definately not in development. Thanks for inviting me though :)

L

Landkiller

Master's Bidding 3B
Sorcery
As an additional cost to play Master's Bidding, reveal your hand, and discard all creature cards.
Target opponent reveals his or her hand and discards a creature of your choice. Then choose a creature in any opponent's graveyard and put it into play tapped, under your control.

This is a way for a creatureless deck to discard, then animate.

Broken Gemstone 0
Artifact
During your upkeep, lose 1 life.
T : Add 1 mana to your mana pool.

Does this look balanced now? Maybe add "comes into play tapped"? I'd rather not lose a card for this thing.

Distant Prophecy 1WG
Enchantment
Whenever you play a creature, you may remove from the game a copy of that creature from your hand. If you do, draw a card and put a Prophecy counter on that creature. Creatures with Prophecy counters cannot be the target of spells or abilities and are +2+2.

A slight change, removes from the game now.

Hidden Cave

Seems fine as is to me.

Mystic Sundial G
Enchant Land
When Mystic Sundial comes into play, choose a color.
During your upkeep, put a counter on Mystic Sundial.
When there are two counters on Mystic Sundial, all creatures of the chosen color do not untap as normal.
When there are three counters on Mystic Sundial, all creatures you control gain protection from the chosen color.
When there are four counters on Mystic Sundial, remove three counters from Mystic Sundial, and sacrifice a creature or sacrifice enchanted land.

Well, it's a bit more powerful, but very wordy.

Muttering Mage UB
Creature - Wizard
When Muttering Mage comes into play, name a non-land card.
Whenever a player plays the named card, that player draws a card, and all other players discard a card.
"I'll show you. I'll show you all! Just wait until I -"
2/2

I really like this one. If it seems too powerful, I would rather weaken it than adjust the cost. I want to keep it parallel to Meddling Mage.

D

Duster

Sonamor Javelineer WW (Uncommon)
Creature - Soldier

First Strike
~this~ comes into play with 1 Javelin counter on it.
T, Remove a javelin counter from ~this~: ~this~ does one damage to any target.

2/1

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually can comment on Somonar Javelineer!

Is an additional W too little to justify a first-strike ability and raise in power when comparing it to Icatian Javelineer?

C

Chaos Turtle

Sonamar Javelineer
I'd rather see it at 2W, but WW is probably okay.

Compare it to Longbow Archer, which has first srtike and is 2/2 for WW. The reduction in toughness seems like a fair trade for the ability to ping one time.

F

Firestorm

Fake Ring Found in the Parking Lot
T: Target player must look at your hand.
1,T: Tap target creature you control.

Penny Glued to the Ground
T: Tap target creature. If it has a power greater than 1, it deals damage equal to its power to you.

Agrrivating Mother
3G
When you begin playing the game, you may search for Aggrivating Mother and put her into play.
During your upkeep, lose 2 life and put a -1/-1 Counter on Aggrivating Mother.
Aggrivating Mother may not attack, not block.
Think of something you would like to do to a supermodel: Replace the image of the supermodel with that of your mother.
T: Gain control of target non-land permanent until the end of the game and put X Denero tokens into play under the person who origionally controlled that permanent, where X is its casting cost. They have, "Sacrifice this token to add 1 to your mana pool."
9/9

Wandering Monkey
3G
Forestwalk
When Wandering Monkey comes into play, gain 1 life for each basic land among land types you control.
2/3

Car
2,T: Target creature gains +2/+2, First Strike, and Trample until end of turn. If that creature is put into the graveyard from play this turn, tap Car. It doesn't untap during your untap phase until you pay 4.

Lost Transport
Coems into play tapped.
3, Sacrifice Lost Transport to put two Ape tokens into play. Treat these as 2/2 creatures with trample that get +1/+1 for each creature that blocks them.

F

Firestorm

Kjeldoran Lancer
3W
3/2
First Strike, Haste

Slaughtering Hord
6BBBB
Put 8 imp tokens into play. Treat these as 1/1 creatures with First Strike, Trample, and Banding.

Tall Oak Tree
GG
If Pine tree is the target of a red spell or ablility, sacrifice it and add RRR to your mana pool.
T: Tap target creature to prevent all damage dealt to that creature.

Diffusing Madness
2RB
All Creatures gain Haste and Trample. If a creature does not attack when able, that creature gains a Depression counter. All creatures with a Depression counter reamin in play, tapped, and gain Fading 2.

Useless Storaage
WG
Enchantment
1: Put a counter on useless storage.
During your upkeep remove a counter from useless storage.
Remove a counter from useless storage: Put a Nothing token into play. Treat this as an artifact with a cating cost of 0 that cannot be the target of spells or abilities and is not affected by any spell. This token does not count as being an artifact when spells are played or at any other time.
Sacrifice a Nothing token: Put a counter on Useless storage.

D

Duster

Sonamor Archer 1GW (Uncommon)

As ~this~ is played, you may choose one -
~this~ loses First Strike and costs W less to play.
OR
~this~ gets a -1/-1 counter and costs G less to play.

First Strike
If ~this~ leaves play, you gain 1 life.

2/2