Team Set- Card Submition

• Thread starter FoundationOfRancor
  • Start date
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I should have said this long ago, but I forgot...

Why does Isle Dialect single out green and black??? One is an ally of blue, one is an enemy of blue.

Rectify
1UU
Instant
Counter all spells on the stack.

(Is this too powerful? Useless?)

F

FoundationOfRancor

Right on Thallid, it's supposed to be Red instead of Black.

Thanks!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Foul Ritual
1BB
Instant
As an additional cost to play Foul Ritual, sacrifice a creature.
Gain X life and add X black mana to your mana pool, where X is the creature's power.

Consider the above card scrapped.

Wretched Imp
2BB
Flying
When Wretched Imp deals combat damage to a player, choose target non-wall creature that player controls. If that creature is not assigned to attack during that player's next combat phase, detstroy it.
1/2

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Reconsider seems to have one flaw which might or might not be a problem (based on whether my knowledge of the rules is correct or not...)

Could Reconsider return the countered spell to owner's hand? Just wait until it is countered and goes to the graveyard, then return that. Would that work? Or, given Landkiller's revision, does it matter?

N

NeuroDeus

Child of the Gods - Rare
2WW
Creature - Child
0/2
Child of the Gods may not be the target of spells or abilities.
T:Redirect all damage dealt to Child of the Gods to target creature.
"A child like this is born every hundred years, blessed by the gods, loved by all... - Blarf, Troll Master"

Pygmy Elephant - Common
1G
Creature - Elephant
1/3
"Can I name him, Popo? - Human Child"

Leader of the Clan - Rare
3WW
Creature - Soldier
3/4
1: Target creature gains +0/+1 until end of turn.
3: Target creature gains +1/+2 until end of turn.
5: Target creature gains +2/+4 until enf of turn.
"No, probably I would spend that much"

Updated, on review by FoR

C

Chaos Turtle

Since I can't possibly catch up with all this, I'm not even going to try.

If, when the submissions process is over, however, y'all would like me to apply my skills in editing, balancing and templating, send me a list and I'll be glad to do some more work in that area.

N

NeuroDeus

We will really need that Chaos Turtle... We should put someone or some people in charge of collecting all the cards together... I volunteer for gathering blue :)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I might be able to do green, depending on when it is that we "finish"... I might be focusing on other things. I have had a group project for computer class that will probably be due in about a month, for which I have to make a computer game. I am nowhere near finished, so I might be busy when about enough cards have been compiled.

If I post something to the effect that I can't help, would someone else be willing to do this part of the job? Thanks.
However, I truly want to help if I can.

D

Duster

I'm in the process of collecting them all. By all means keep revising what you feel needs revising, and at the end we all can compare notes.

Take it easy,
Dustin

F

FoundationOfRancor

I was going to do it last week, but something else came up...

I'll volunteer to do anything no one else wants to do:)

Sterilization -Rare
2WW
Enchantment
All creatures that are not under your control lose all abilities.

Battle Wisdom -Common
G
Instant
Target creature gains +X+X until end of turn, where X is equal to the number of creatures in play.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Stoic Inquiry (Yipee! I get perspicacity points! Those are actual words.:)): Uncommon
4U
Instant
Draw two cards. Then, if you have three or less cards in your hand, draw a card.

Ignoble Scout: Uncommon (would kill in draft)
WW
Creature - Scout
WW, Tap: Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt by blocking creatures this turn.
1/2

Pastoral Crusade: Rare
GG (Remember that white would have to splash heavy green to play this. It's probably fine now.)
Enchantment
All white creatures get +1/+1.

Scorch: Uncommon
RRR
Sorcery
Scorch deals 2 damage to target creature or player. If that creature is white, destroy it.

Duster: That's fine; in that case, I'd better not make any committments. Sorry, folks, but I won't have the time (unless this takes until late June, which I hope will not be the case).

[Edited according to the whim of FoR.]

F

FoundationOfRancor

Rectify
This is for someone who knows the stack like the back of there hand...that someone is not me. I know that the stack has never actually been refered to in a card, but we could change that...

Foul Ritual
I think this is too powerful for its cc, but I dont think the cc should be raisesd (We have alot of cards to fill the 4 mana slot) so how about make it add three mana of any color, and making the lifegain just 2?

Wretched Imp
Looks good.

Child of the Gods
I dont see why this is gold, straight white seems to fit it better. Perhaps 2WW? I love the name btw...

Pygmy Elephant
This actually seems undercosted...we could add trample I suppose...

Leader of the Clan
3/5. Maybe even 3/4 or 3/3.
Leader of the pack! Vrooom vroooommm!

Sterilization
Seems ok with me, possibly making it 2W or 1W and making it target all creatures...

Battle Wisdom
I dont know about the name...any suggestions?

Way of the Sabaoth
Lol:) I think the cc should be 4U.
Way of the Scholar?
Ways of the Mind?
Calculated Chance?
Predict?
I dont know?
Will I ever use punctuation correctly?

Ignoble Scout
Should be 1W or WW with an the activation cost WW.

Pastoral Crusade
I dont know about this one...should at least be GG. 1GG or GGG even.

Scorch
Seems ok as is, but I would make it more flexable. For example at RRR, you could make it a sorcery shock, and word it like "~this~ deals two damage to any creature or player. If that creature is white, destroy it."

N

NeuroDeus

Blarf's Attendant - Uncommon
2RR
Creature - Troll
Haste, First Strike
3/2

Look at my Child of the Gods etc. changes...

btw... All the names I am using is from a story I am writing... Blarf is one... I though he might be accepted as a character of the Subterfuge story... If not I will simply remove him... ok!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Foul Ritual will be removed from the set, at my request. I can't make it work without changing its cost, which makes it too powerful/too weak, or changing the amount of life/mana, which can make it seem either like a black Swords or a horrible version of Culling the Weak from Exodus. Just wanted to remind anyone compiling the cards to take out/not use Foul Ritual.

NeuroDues: Blarf's Attendant is directly superior to Goblin Berserker from Urza's Destiny, and also almost directly superior to Zarapa Minotaur from Prophecy. To balance it you would have to lower its power, but that would make it exactly the same as another card. The end result is that it's probably balanced, but a little bland.

D

Duster

How about we give Blarf's Attendant Regeneration instead of Haste?

I don't think an uncommon 3/2 FS, R: Regen for 2RR is unreasonable. we could even make his toughness one to balance it a little more.

S'all,
Dustin

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Maybe not, but Regen for R is rather unprecedented. Usually only green and black have one mana regeneration costs on creatures. Maybe RR or something...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not really unprecedented. Uthden Troll had it... and I can't remember if that B/R Troll or Zombie had it or B has the regen cost (in Alpha).

"oingo, oingo, oingo"

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Ok, fine. Uthden Troll did have it, as well as Jungle Troll from Mirage (1RG, R:Regen, G: Regen, 2/1). The card from Alpha/Beta/Unlimited was Sedge Troll, I believe. It had B: Regen.

However, only the first two cards, The Brute, and Eron the Relentless (if I'm not mistaken) have ever had or given red regeneration. None of them have been printed since 5th Edition (Anthologies notwithstanding). That should show you that red regeneration is rare.

We already had this discussion, on page 3.

Still, it should have at least 1R: Regen.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, WOTC felt red regeneration was "out of flavor" around 4th or 5th edition, which is why it either cost so much in the examples you mentioned or hasn't been since since. If they hadn't stuck to that, red regeneration might be more common...