Subterfuge; Post revision cards

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Mana Wall: Quite frankly, I don't see why they called "Rhystic" a new mechanic at all, so I don't think it matters if you word it that way.

Lava Shadows: Maybe Rust Shade?

Wither looks good, but maybe 3BB and instant?

Conformity Monster is really interesting, because it's a 2/2 for G that actually wouldn't work at its best in traditional Stompy.

Names: Faith Builder (pretty bad name)
Fungal Exodus?
Eggshell Roc?

Maybe Cross-Breeding should be 2UU, but other than that primarily cosmetic change it looks fine.

And now that you mention breeding I'm getting a good idea...

Inbred Hick
WUBRG
Artifact Creature -- Soldier Cleric Knight Merfolk Faerie Fish Demon Horror Imp Goblin Dwarf Barbarian Elf Druid Saproling Beast Spirit Kavu Atog Cephalid Townsfolk Orc Golem Legend
1/1
"Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

F

FoundationOfRancor

I agree with all your changes THallid, I'm making them...

I dont quite like Rust Shade, cuz Shade implies the black pump creature. I used Hobgoblin, but whatever....

lol, I like Inbred Hick; it's the product of one really, really, really crazy orgy.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Sifting Cleric (namr?)
W
Creature - Cleric
Whenever ~this~ attacks and is not blocked, gain 3 life.
0/2

Thought Pyre
4RR
Sorcery
As an additional cost to play ~this~, remove all cards in your graveyard in the game. For each card removed this way, you may deal 1 damage to target creature or player.

Trama Residue (Name?)
1U
Instant
When ~this~ comes into play, your oppenent names a card. They then search through your library and may remove all copies of the named card from the game. Shuffle your library afterwards.
Draw 2 cards.

Metal Churner
Artifact
As Metal Churner comes into play, destory all artifacts in play.
Artifacts cannot be played.

Jeweled Hand
Artifact
3: Return target permanent card from your graveyard to play. Sacrifice Jeweled Hand.
The Hand's reach run's deep

Vitality Graftings (NAME!!!!!)
W
Enchantment
During each players upkeep, the player with the most cards in his or her graveyard gains control of ~this~
5: Gain 2 life for each card in your graveyard.

Solidify (The one name I really like)
2WWW
Enchandment
All creatures now count as walls in addition to their original creature types.
(Walls cannot attack)

Servant Djinn
2GG
Creature - Djinn
During your upkeep, sacrifice either a Mountain or Plains you control or sacrifice BLAH
5/5

Desert Camel
2WW
Creature - Camel
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Desert Camel
5: Redirect all damage a source of your choice would deal to a creature or player this turn to Desert Camel
0/1

F

FoundationOfRancor

1GG
Enchantment
When ~this~ comes into play, name a land type.
All forests count as count as the named land type in addition to their forest-ness.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Streams of Youth
G
Enchantment
Destroy target permanent you control: Gain 1 life
1G, Sacrifice a permanent: Gain 2 life.

Malicious Priest
BB
Creature - Whatever
Whenever an oppenent loses a life, you gain 1 life.
1/2

Repudiate Vitality
2RR
Enchantment
Whenever you gain life, you may instead prevent that life gain. If you do, you may deal damage to target creature or player equal to the amount of life you would have gained.

Ornamental Statue
Artifact creature - Golem
T, tap an untapped creature you control: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
0/1

Mage's Torture
1UU
Sorcery
Remove the top 10 cards of target players library from the game.

Quixotism
U
Instant
If you have no cards in your hand, draw two cards.

Secure Conformity (name?)
WW
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures with activated abilities, first strike, trample, flying, or haste.

Pit Champions (This one needs work)
2B
Enchantment
At the end of each players turn, that player may either return target creature from his or her graveyard into play, or draw a card.

Harden
GG
Enchantment
As long as enchanted creature is the only creature you control, enchanted creature gains +2/+2, and cannot be the target of spells or abilities. (This ability doesent destroy Harden)

Repititious Regression
U
Enchantment
During your upkeep, if Repititious Regression is in your graveyard, you may place the top 5 cards of your library into the graveyard. If you do, you may return target permanent to it's owners hand.

Mage's Hand
3U
Creature - Shapeshifter
Choose and discard an instant card from your hand: Mage's Hand either get's +2/+2, flying, or "This creature cannot be the target of spells or abilties" until end of turn.
2/3

Strip
1G
Draw a card.
Target creature loses target activated ability, flying, first strike, or trample until end of turn.

Story Weaving
2GG
Sorcery
Return target enchantment card in any graveyard into play under you control.

Gleeful Goblin
R
Creature - Goblin
Whenever a land is destroyed, put a +1/+1 counter on Gleeful Goblin.
1/1

Ruin Scavenger
G
Creature -
Remove two lands in the graveyard from the game: Put a +1/+1 counter on Ruin Scavenger.
1/1

ArcMage Archer
5U
Creature - Lord
All creatures you control gain "T: This creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player"
R: Target creature you control gains haste.
1/2

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Secure Conformity: How about Procrustean Edict?

Maybe Mage's Torture should be a sorcery or more expensive. Removing 1/6 of the deck for a 3 mana instant just doesn't sit right with me.

I'll be working more on Subterfuge this summer, and on making cards in general. I decided about a month ago to start making my own set, but since I've only got about 25 cards so far I might as well post them.

Ancient Prayer
3WW
Enchantment
When an opponent plays a card without paying its mana cost, gain 6 life.

Prayer to Suffering
2W
Enchantment
3W, Tap all creatures you control: Until end of turn, whenever a creature is dealt damage, you may pay 1 and redirect that damage to any tapped creature you control.

Shantu Raven
2WW
Creature -- Shantu Illusion
4/7
Flying, Islandhome
Raven, spread our wings.

Shantu Demon
2WW
7/3
Swamphome.
Shantu Demon can’t be blocked except by black and/or artifact creatures.
Demon, dissolve our corruption.

Shantu Hermit
2WW
6/4
Sacrifice a mountain: Shantu Hermit gets haste and +1/-1 until end of turn.
Mountainhome
Hermit, serve our penance.

Shantu Sage
2WW
5/6
Trample, Foresthome
GGG: Shantu Sage gets +3/+0 until end of turn.
Sage, guard our secrets.

Ancient Nautilus
3UU
Creature -- Nautilus
3/3
When Ancient Nautilus phases in, draw two cards.

Moratorium
2UU
Enchantment
1: Put a filibuster counter on Moratorium. Any player may play this ability.
2: Remove a filibuster counter from Moratorium. Any player may play this ability.
Players can’t play spells with converted mana costs of less than half the number of filibuster counters (rounded down) on Moratorium unless they pay an additional 2 life.

Overproduction
U
Enchant Land
At the beginning of the first main phase of enchanted land’s controller, that player chooses a mana ability of enchanted land and plays it.

Seabeak Scryer
2U
Creature -- Falcon
1/1
Flying
Tap: For each two islands you control, look at the top card of your library and then put it on the bottom of your library.

Spiral Beam
UUU
Instant
Tap five target creatures, then untap five target creatures.

Ancient Cobra
3BB
Creature - Snake
3/3
When a creature with flanking attacks, destroy it and another creature attacking player controls.

Malady
1B
Enchantment
When Malady comes into play, put a disease counter on target creature.
When a creature blocks or is blocked by a creature with a disease counter on it, put a disease counter on each.
Creatures get -1/-1 for each disease counter on them.

Tortured Shantu
2B
Creature -- Shantu Wraith
3/1
Tortured Shantu can only be blocked by artifact and/or black creatures.
Tortured Shantu deals 1 damage to itself at end of combat.

Ancient Dragon
3RR
Creature - Dragon
3/3
When a spell with buyback is cast, Ancient Dragon gains flying and +2/+0 until end of turn.

Granite Shield
R
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature has protection from activated abilities and gets +0/+2.

Purple Flare
3RR
Sorcery
Purple Flare deals 3 damage to each of two target creatures. They gain haste until end of turn.

Ancient Wurm
3GG
Creature - Wurm
3/3
Trample
When a creature with shadow comes into play, put a 1/1 green Dark Wurm creature token with shadow into play.

Cellulose Armor (granted this isn't very original)
4G
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +0/+6.

Mycelium
1GG
Creature - Fungus
0/3
When Mycelium is dealt damage, put into play a number of green 0/1 Saproling creature tokens equal to the number of spore counters on Mycelium, then put a spore counter on Mycelium.

Pull Wurm Haven
1G
Enchantment
When a 1/1 creature you control is put into the graveyard, put a green 0/1 Wurm creature token into play.

Flummox
2GU
Instant
Counter target spell.
Target creature you control gets +X/+X this turn, where X is the converted mana cost of that spell. Sacrifice that creature at end of turn.

Shantu Skeptic
2UR
Creature - Shantu Townsfolk
2/3
Discard a card from your hand: Counter target sorcery spell.

Worship of Arms
2RW
Enchant Creature
At end of turn, switch your life total and enchanted creature’s power.

Lazuli Helm
Artifact
As long as Lazuli Helm is untapped, when a card would be put into your graveyard, shuffle your graveyard into your library and tap Lazuli Helm.
When Lazuli Helm becomes tapped, you lose 4 life and you draw a card.

Rune of Beckoning
Artifact
Rune of Beckoning comes into play tapped with 4 call counters on it and does not untap along with your other permanents during your untap step. When it does, choose an opponent
2: Give that opponent control of target permanent you control and untap Rune of Beckoning.
Tap: Remove a call counter from Rune of Beckoning.
Remove Rune of Beckoning from the game: Gain control of all creatures that player controls. Rune of Beckoning comes into play under that player‘s control. Use this ability only if there are no call counters on Rune of Beckoning.

Heather Field
Land
Heather Field comes into play tapped.
1G: Add W to your mana pool.
W, Tap: Add GU to your mana pool.
1U: Add W to your mana pool.

Shadowsand Cove
Land
Shadowsand Cove comes into play tapped.
1W: Add U to your mana pool.
U, Tap: Add WB to your mana pool.
1B: Add U to your mana pool.

?
Land
? comes into play tapped.
1U: Add B to your mana pool.
B, Tap: Add UR to your mana pool.
1R: Add B to your mana pool.

?
Land
1B: Add R to your mana pool.
R, Tap: Add BG to your mana pool.
1G: Add R to your mana pool.

?
Land
1R: Add G to your mana pool.
G, Tap: Add RW to your mana pool.
1W: Add G to your mana pool.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Hey Thallid,
Thanks for the new name title. I agree with you about the power of Mage's Torture. I meant it to be good....but a sorcery seems more fair. For this set of yours, feel free to use any cards I've made.

Ancient Prayer
Very narrow, it seems. I suggest making it 1W or W, and having it trigger at all players.

Prayer to Suffering
Ok, like a re-usable Kor Chant....why is the tapping required?

Shantu Raven/Shantu Demon/Shantu Hermit/Sage
They all look fine, though I think the activation on the Sage should be less....maybe 1GG?

Ancient Nautilus
Does it have phasing? I dont like this card.

Moratorium
Looks fine to me, I like the playfullness of it.

Overproduction
Does this mean I can tap it, and then "play" the ability? If so, it's better than overgrowth...which might be kooky.

Seabeak Scryer
Pretty cool....might be more beneficial if the bottom-library thing was optional though.

Spiral Beam
Weird....multiplayer for sure.

Ancient Cobra
Looks fine.

Malady
Very fun card...maybe a bit clarification on "put a disease counter on each", Maybe say, "Put a disease counter on both creatures"

Tortured Shantu
So does that mean whenver it's blocked or blocks it kills itself? Or whenever it just attacks?

Granite Shield
Cool, I like it.

Purple Flare
Seem's a bit too unfocused...

Ancient Wurm
3G is probablly cool. 'Tis in flavor, I like it.

Cellulose Armor
Hero's resolve is much better...maybe 1G, and let it block flyers or something?

Mycelium
Looks good to me...I like the name

Pull Wurm Haven
I'd say make it a cantrip....*shrugs* Kinda a narrow card.

Flummox
You would usually play this during your oppenents turn....why the second ability? I suggest putting X +1/+1 counters on the creature, and let the poor dude live.

Shantu Skeptic
Cool.

Worship of Arms
Thats really, really, really cool!

Lazuli Helm
Looks ok.

Rune of Beckoning
Weird....alot of wording issues, but it seems pretty cool (If I understand it right)

Heather Field, etc.
Very weird, but pretty cool. I wonder if their useful?

Anyway, great set of cards here Thallid, I wish you good luck on the set, and look forward to your future help on subterfuge!

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

That Raznion prophet owns the joint. 3 mana means an Apocalypse with no discard? Sign me up for that! No way I'd NOT put that in a deck that supports its colors.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I agree.
It's a good thing we decided probably not to use it when the issue came up a year ago.

F

FoundationOfRancor

ARG! I had this long list of cool cards, and my computer froze! I hate it when crap like that happens. Anyway, I'll try to recompile a list:

Ranger
3G
Creature - Elf
Whenever ~this~ comes into play, you may search your library for 3 ranger cards and put them into play, tapped. Shuffle your library afterwards.
1/1

Crazy Sailor
2U
Creature - Pirate
When ~this~ comes into play, you may take another turn after this one. If you do, your oppenents may search through their libraries for as many instant cards as they wish, and put them into their hand. They shuffle their library afterwards.
2/2

Yunis
5UU
Instant
You may only play this during your oppenents turn.
Target oppenent draws his or her library. They get another turn after this one.

B
Enchantment
1B: Target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn.

UB
Creature -
Tracker can only be blocked by walls
2/2

*shrugs*

F

FoundationOfRancor

Cason
Artifact
1, discard a card from your hand: Put a copy of target non-permanent spell an oppenent controls onto the stack under your control.
It reflects things. Enemy things.

Jason Roth and myself have been designing this card for a *long* time.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

I dunno. Spellshaping forks for 1 mana+discard is really up there. Maybe 2 or 3?, or 2+Random?

F

FoundationOfRancor

I've thought about this awhile, and I think it's fine as it is. The key to balance here is letting it only fork your oppenents spells. Oh, whoops...I forgot to put non-permanent. Sorry, if that was what you meant Shiro.

M

Mikeymike

Yunis
5UU
Instant
You may only play this during your oppenents turn.
Target oppenent draws his or her library. They get another turn after this one.

Play it at the end of their turn, they die during their next draw step. Broken even without a combo help. The opponent should put something like 2 or 3 cards of their choice back into their library in any order.

Secure Conformity (name?)
WW
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures with activated abilities, first strike, trample, flying, or haste.

This card is sweet. Protection from a color too?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Floating Skull
1BU
Creature - Skull
1/2
1: Target creature blocks Floating Skull this turn if able.
1: Target creature can't block Floating Skull this turn.

Bleeding Psychomorph
UR
Creature - Illusion
1/1
Skip your draw step.
0: Draw two cards. Bleeding Psychomorph attacks this turn if able. Play this ability only during your upkeep and only once a turn.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Sybalkan Nursery
1G
Enchantment
Green creatures get -1/-1. Creatures with growth counters on them get +3/+3.
GG: Put a growth counter on target green creature. Play this ability only once a turn and only on your turn.

Magma Current
1RR
Enchantment
Cumulative upkeep 1 and 1 life
When a land comes into play, its controller pays 2. If he or she does not, he or she sacrifices the land.

Baleen Staff
Artifact
2, Tap: Counter target spell that targets an artifact you control.
When a creature deals damage to another creature with which the first shares a color, untap Baleen Staff.

Dreamtime Ruff
1 (maybe 2)
Artifact
When Dreamtime Ruff comes into play, put a lock counter on target creature.
When a creature with a lock counter on it leaves play, return it to play (while removing the lock counter), and an opponent of the creature's owner chooses a new target creature. Put a lock counter on it.

Step towards Harmony
W
Sorcery
Until end of turn, white creatures get -2/-0, red creatures get +1/+0, and black creatures get +1/+0.
On your next turn, blue creatures get +0/+2 and green creatures get +0/+2.

Cloaked Eagle
3UW
Creature - Bird
4/4
Flying
XWU: Cloaked Eagle becomes the most common color or one of the colors tied for most common among permanents. X is the number of creatures more that are this color than that are the next most common color.

I wouldn't mind tweaking of the numerical aspects of these cards, but I like them the substantial way they are. (This proclamation applies also to the last two cards.)

F

FoundationOfRancor

Yunis
Good call Mike, I cant believe I didnt see that. I like the change you suggested:

Yunis
5UU
Instant
You may only play this during your oppenents precombat main step.
Target oppenent draws his or her library, then place a card from their hand on top of their library. They get another turn after this one.

Secure Conformity
ProColor could be put in here, but it would limit whites power a bit, since alot of whites creatures have protection. Should it be included?

Floating Skull
I'd prefer to see this card UB for 1/1, but it doesent matter, it's balanced as it is. I compare it to Phantom Warrior

Bleeding Psychomorph
Yeah, I can see it at UR. I like it, the mix with red perfectly matches its abilities. I compare it with Ophidian

Sybalkan Nursery
Looks good, but I think the activation cost should be GG.

Magma Current
Looks cool.

Baleen Staff
I dont understand why the second ability is on this card? *shrugs* I like the first ability, but if your going to tap it, you can probablly lower the activation to 1.

Dreamtime Ruff
I *love* this card! It's awesome! I dont know if the 1cc is balanced, but it's hard to tell. The way I see it, it's power is propotional to the creature, so unless you can cast something like Mother or Lions turn 1, you cant conceivably play this card till turn 3.

Step towards Harmony
This could be 1W, if not W.

Cloaked Eagle
Looks ok to me

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Floating Skull: Ok.
Bleeding Psychomorph: Changing to UR.
Sybalkan Nursery: Changing (that's probably a good idea).
(Hint: This card is splashable... somewhat.)
Magma Current, Cloaked Eagle: Ok.
Baleen Staff: I'm honestly not sure what I was thinking about when I made this card... If you think it's worth turning into a substantial idea, be my guest. Otherwise I'm fairly ambivalent about it.
Dreamtime Ruff: I don't think this should cost more than maybe 2... The committment to use it is enough of a dedication to a very strange game to come that I don't think it deserves a high cost, and anyway, you're right that it's hard to use this card in the first few turns.
Step towards Harmony: Changing to W.

Flowstone Blacksmith
2R
Creature - Townsfolk
2/2 (certainly up for changes)
RR, Tap: Discard a card at random. Put X +1/-1 counters onto target creature, where X is the converted mana cost of the card discarded.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Rigor Mortis
1B
Enchant Creature
When enchanted creature is put into a graveyard, put an artifact token into play with all activated abilities and continuous abilities of enchanted creature. Remove the token from the game at the end of your turn.