Subterfuge; Post revision cards

M

Mikeymike

Secure Conformity
ProColor could be put in here, but it would limit whites power a bit, since alot of whites creatures have protection. Should it be included?
Good point, I'd leave it as is then.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Rigor Mortis
This card is very weird.

Flowstone Blacksmith
I love this card, it's powerful, pretty balanced, and fits right in with Red's flavor.

Dark Tide
B
Enchantment
Dark Tide cannot be played from your hand.
2BB, return Dark Tide to your hand: Destroy target non-black, non-artifact creature. It cannot regenerate. You may only play this ability if Dark Tide is in your graveyard.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Dark Tide is interesting...
It might as well be a Sorcery or Instant though...
I can understand why it shouldn't be a creature, but in general the card type doesn't exactly matter, does it?
I guess if it's an enchantment it'll stick around longer if you do somehow get it into play.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Your right, type doesent matter....*shrugs* Whatever. I orginally had it as a creature, so it would be easier to get into play...but then I realized there about 50 gigamillion ways to discard it from your hand.

I think a cycle of these would be great, espically combined with all the flashback-threshold-discard madness that is the Odys block.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

HeartPhoenix Rebirth
3RR
Instant
Each creature deals to each other creature and to you damage equal to its power.

I'm having trouble deciding on a mana cost for this one...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's kinda tough, but for that much potential damage (i mean, it's like letting your opponent's creatures AND yours come through unblocked. I'd say at least three red mana, maybe four.

And is it "each player" or just the caster?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ack! Scary Thallid...

Pyschic Implosion
UU
Instant
Return all cards on the stack to their owner's hand.

Creature Respite
2GG
Instant
For each creature attacking you, your oppenent looks through your library for a land card and a spell. You choose one, and put it on top of your library.

Broker
4B
Enchantment
When ~this~ comes into play, lose life equal to the number of cards in your library.
1: ~this~ deals 1 colorless damage to target creature or player.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Psychic Implosion is too cheap.
Maybe 2UU.

Broker: Maybe you should make it a life payment so the damage can't get prevented.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Good call Thallid, I'll make the changes. Dont you hate it when you have alot of cards written up, and then your computer freezes? I do. I'll try to remember them tonight.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Complacent Veteran
W
Creature - Soldier
1/4
During your upkeep, tap Complacent Veteran.

Planeshift Aura
4U (? Blue seems good but other than that I don't know.)
Enchantment
Whenever you remove a card from the game, draw a card.
(Remember that you don't remove from the game other people's cards.)

Nacre Reflection
1WB (not sure about this one)
Sorcery
Whenever a card would leave play this turn, you lose 2 life and it stays in play.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Complacent Veteran:
Cool, did you have any specific way to use it?

Planeshift Aura:
I guess blue would get it, but it seems as if it could be alot cheaper, maybe like 1U.

Nacre Reflection:
The text would be "Until end of turn, whenever a permanent would leave play, you may pay 2 life. If you do, that permanent remains in play." 1BW seems good to me.

Husk Spider
GG
Creature - Spider
You may only play Husk Spider if target opponent has more life than you.
3/5

Red Spider
R
Creature - Spider
You may only play Red Spider if you have more lands in your graveyard than target oppenent.
R: Red Spider gets +1/+0 until end of turn
2/2

Coal Mining
R
Enchantment
Sacrifice and artifact you control: Add RRR to your mana pool.

Wurm
1GG
Creature - Wurm
Wurm gains +1/+1 for each player playing.
1/1

Incarnate Vampire
3BB
Creature - Vampire
Flying
Incarnate Vampire has power equal to your life total.
Whenever Incarnate Vampire goes to the graveyard, remove it from the game. Then, each player searches through their library for any copies of Incarnate Vampire, and removes them from the game.
*/1

Octopus
3U
Creature - Octopus
When Octopus comes into play, put the top eight cards of your library on it.
Whenever Octopus is dealt damage, put the top card on Octopus into your hand for each 1 damage dealt to it.
2/2

Gaes Reincarnation
3GG
Sorcery
As an additional cost of ~this~, sacrifice two lands.
Target players puts all the land cards in his or her graveyard on top of their library, in any order.

Golem
Artifact Creature - Golem
As long as Golem is untapped, Artifacts cannot be the target of spells or abilties.
Other artifact creatures gain +1/+1
1/2

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Complacent Veteran: I was thinking the player would find some way to untap it....
Planeshift Aura: 1U is good.
Nacre Reflection: The way I saw this card, I would have preferred to make it required. Withat that in mind, maybe it should be cheaper. How does BW and 1 life per permanent sound?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Husk Spider: Does it block fliers? It doesn't really need to as it's balanced otherwise, but I saw it was a spider and wondered...
Red Spider: This is balanced too. On the rare occasion that your opponent is using something like Strip Mine or Sinkhole, you can respond with something that is, on turn 1 or 2, just as broken.
Coal Mining: I've seen this idea before, but it was an instant and made for a weird Ritual variant. As it is I guess it's fine... If it were ever printed it might see play with some weird artifact deck to get loads of mana but as it is it's fine.
Wurm: I like.
Incarnate Vampire: interesting.
Octopus: This card is great!
Gaea's Reincarnation is good, a sort of Planar Birth variant that you can screw your opponent with.
Blah would give all creatures (unless there's only one in play) infinite power and toughness with Coat of Arms. Maybe, at the least, it should say "All creatures count as being every creature type among creatures in play," but even then it should be gold or more expensice or something. The fact that Coat of Arms is the card everyone thinks of when they think about creature type questions makes it even worse.
Golem is fine.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Wow, I never thought about Coat of Arms with blah...It's a bad card, i'll never work theway I want it to. Scratch that one. About Red Spider...how could you respond to a strip mine? Each player would have a land in their graveyard?

Thanks for the compliments about octupus! I *love* the card...realisticly it's just an overcosted phantom warrior though.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Cleric Man
1W
Creature - Cleric
1: Target opponent gains 1 life.
1/1

Search
3BB
Instant
Search your library for any amount of cards, and remove them from the game. Lose 1 life for each card removed this way. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Wisp
1B
Creature - Minion
Flying
Whenever an opponent would gain life, Wisp prevents that life gain.
1/1

Beast
G
Creature - Beast
You may pay ~this~ without paying it's casting cost, if you control no lands.
1/1

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by FoundationOfRancor
About Red Spider...how could you respond to a strip mine? Each player would have a land in their graveyard?

No, the sacrifice of the Strip Mine is part of the cost, so it goes into your graveyard first. Then you can use Red Spider before Strip Mine resolves, putting a land in your opponent's graveyard.

It was a "timing trick" used with Land Tax...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

No, I'm just a moron. :)
Scratch Strip Mine off of that list (unless you can play creatures as instants that early in the game...).
Still it's a useful card.

Cleric Man: Weird, although I could see uses.
Search: Looks good.
Wisp: Very well balanced.
Beast: Interesting... At least this would have been a way to get around 'Geddon...

F

FoundationOfRancor

Thallid, thanks for the replies!
Cleric Man is awesome for multiplayer, no one will ever want to kill you! Wisp is at least better than Bog Fiend or whatever the hell that crap 1/1 flying imp is that they keep printing.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Slow
1W
Enchant Creature
Whenever enchanted creature deals damage, half of that damage is prevented, rounded up.

Whoo!
3BB
Instant
You may return up to three creatures from any graveyard into play under your control. At the end of turn, remove them from the game.

Night Lurkers
2G
Enchantment
Out of combat, creatures you control cannot be the target of your oppenent's spells.

Cookie Goblin
R
Creature - Goblin
Haste, First strike
Whenever you control a land that is not a mountain, sacrifice Cookie Goblin.
1/1

IsLunaMe
1G
Enchantment
3: Target enchantment or artifact becomes a 2/2 green creature until end of turn.
2: Target land becomes a 1/1 green creature until end of turn.

2UW
Sorcery
Search your opponents library for all instant cards, and remove them from the game. That player shuffles their library afterwards.

Cookie Golem
Artifact creature - Golem
Trample
Whenever you control a basic land, sacrifice Cookie Golem
4/4

Cookie NotGolem
Artifact
Whenever you control a basic land, sacrifice Cookie NotGolem
3: Cookie NotGolem deals 1 damage to target creature or player. It cannot regenerate.

I want to see a deck with no basic lands. In the current enviroment, it would be awesome. Anyway, any ideas?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Misery
1BB
Enchantment
1B: Destroy target artifact or creature. You lose 3 life plus the converted mana cost of that card.
2B: Destroy target land. You lose 4 life.

Sailors
2U
Creature - Dirty Drunken Sailors
Whenever Sailors deals damage, you may search through target players library and place 2 land cards into that controllers graveyard. Shuffle that library afterwards.
2/2

Cold Strike
1U
Enchant creature
Whenever enchanted creature deals damage to a creature, remove that creature from the game at end of combat.
Whenever enchanted creature leaves play, or whenever a red spell is succesfully cast, return all the creatures removed from the game by Cold Strike back into play under their owners control.

Watch Tower
Artifact creature - Wall
(Walls cannot attack)
T: Watch tower deals 1 damage to target attacking creature
Pay 3 life: Untap Watch Tower
0/4

Cannon Tower
Artifact creature - Wall
(Walls cannot attack)
T: Cannon Tower deals 3 damage to target attacking creature. It cannot be regenerated.
0/3

Swarm
3UU
Sorcery
Search through your library for any number of creature cards. Put them into play under your control. Shuffle your library afterwards. Those creatures cannot attack this turn. Remove all the creatures put into play this way from the game at the end of your turn.

Popular Knight
2W
Creature - Knight
Damage that would your opponents life total to less than 1 reduces it to 1 instead.
2/2