Silemitas: The Search of Lost Time(?)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Another trap? I say it's worth going over this one very carefully. Hm, I think I'll try something..."

*Helata will use Detect Magic.*

M

Modus Pwnens

"With the amount of traps around this place, there must be something of value in here.. I'll check if it's safe first, then we can search the room"

Morthil will search the room for traps.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Do the book shelves contain books? If so, Dorgath will do a quick skim of the titles. Otherwise or afterwards, he'll check the book the skeleton is holding. After the place is clear of traps.

P

Prince RXI

After a few minutes of checking it's decided the place is trap free... The book cases have books on them, but they are so old that you can't make out any form of writing on their bindings, There are, however, a few sealed scroll cases in the book cases as well.

The skeleton in the small alcove just seems to be sitting in repose, the books is covered by it's arms and seems to be held tightly.

Helata's detect magic notes that there are 6 sources of magic within the room aside from varying members of the party... the 3 cases, the book, the skeleton itself, and a single stone in the wall off to the left side.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Anyone have any idea what's up with this stone? Either another magical trap or it's hiding something..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So this skeleton is magic? Whoever he was, he must have really liked that book. As he peers closely at the skeleton's face.

M

Modus Pwnens

Can I recheck that stone for fishy stuff? If so, I'd like to do so.

"Just grab the book from that guy. If he somehow comes to life like that drawing around the corner we'll deal with it.."

P

Prince RXI

As Dorgath reaches out to take the book the skull of the skeleton moves and faces him directly, and a voice speaks from all 3 of the bookcases.

"Within lays the secrets of our order... A test to see if you are worthy to learn that which we've hidden."

The skeleton shambles to sit upright and crosslegged in the alcove, holding the book still close in it's arms.

T

train

(Will carefully enter the room with my back against the wall...)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I have no idea. At least he didn't attack us. Not yet anyway. I do have a thing for secrets, but I also like not getting killed. What do you think the test is? Maybe we should check the bookcases? Hey Morthil, any luck with that stone? Personally, I'd like to resolve that mystery before moving on to the rest of this stuff..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Jaksen leaps upon the skeleton and tries to pull the book out of it's grasp..... "Give it to me, you old bag of bones."

P

Prince RXI

As Jaksen tries to pull the book away from the "old bag of bones" the skeleton's arms release it, grasp him by the shoulders, and the voice speaks once more.

"One without fear of the dead may be either wise or foolish... pray ye that it not be the latter. Herefore we entrust you with our secrets."

The skeleton suddenly shatters into dust, leaving a few small markings on Jaksen's shoulders and the book in his hands...

M

Modus Pwnens

"Well, that wasn't so hard.. What are those markings, and what's in the book?"

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Book? Oh, this thing? Here take it."
Jaksen stats to draw pictures in the dust or are the runes....... "now what was that spell?" He pockets some of the dust......