ShipWrecked! Round 22 Results and Winner!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whether you based your bids on the supposed color of the mystery resource. I put it as "red" but it turns out it's just supposed to be a total mystery; no one's supposed to know the color.

It slightly matters because I think there's only one red resource left right now and someone could figure it out and if they based their bid on getting it, then we need to re-bid. If no one bid based on the color, then we can continue...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Alrighty then, everyone has their bid in. It turns out you were bidding on a Teepee (tan, 40 points, 1 income, 4 value).

Ransac stops the bidding in the first round at 5 gems. The cards played at that point are:

Oversoul: Stop
Ransac: Stop (bidding)
train: Strike
turgy22: Pass

train played the only Strike so he gets it and is on the board!

Round 10:

Current turn: Ransac: 6 income

Player/Gems/Resources (color-points-income-value)

Oversoul: 10/Lean-To (tan-20-2-2)
Ransac: 8/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2), Picture of your SO (purple-10-2-1), Gallon of Milk (red-40-1-4), Mai Tai (red-30-1-3)
train: 5/Teepee (tan-40-1-4)
turgy22: 2/Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5), Bottle of Wine (red-10-2-1)

Sold Resources: none

You're finally bidding on some food! Bugs & Slugs (green, 30 points, 1 income, 3 value)

PM your bid by Monday, 7/17 by 7:00 AM EST. If everyone gets their bids in sooner, then I can start the next round sooner.

A reminder: You don't have to stop the Bidding even though you've played a second Stop. If no one stops the bidding by Round 6 and everyone plays a Pass, the card is thrown out. So be sure to say if and when you're Stop Bidding. If you just list your six cards, I'll assume you are NOT stop bidding and hope to get the card for free at Round 6. If you stop listing your cards after your second Stop, I'll assume you Stop Bidding at that point. But the only two times you should stop listing your cards is either after you've listed all or after you've played your second Stop.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
train stops the bidding in the third round at 3 gems. The cards played at that point are:

Ransac: Pass
train: Stop (bidding)

No one played a Strike and Oversoul played a Stop, so he and train pay 3 gems each and go into a tie-breaking round!

Round 10a:

Current turn: Ransac: 6 income

Player/Gems/Resources (color-points-income-value)

Oversoul: 7/Lean-To (tan-20-2-2)
Ransac: 8/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2), Picture of your SO (purple-10-2-1), Gallon of Milk (red-40-1-4), Mai Tai (red-30-1-3)
train: 2/Teepee (tan-40-1-4)
turgy22: 2/Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5), Bottle of Wine (red-10-2-1)

You're finally bidding on some food! Bugs & Slugs (green, 30 points, 1 income, 3 value)

Only Oversoul and train are bidding now.

PM your bid by Thursday, 7/20 by 7:00 AM EST. If everyone gets their bids in sooner, then I can start the next round sooner.

A reminder: You don't have to stop the Bidding even though you've played a second Stop. If no one stops the bidding by Round 6 and everyone plays a Pass, the card is thrown out. So be sure to say if and when you're Stop Bidding. If you just list your six cards, I'll assume you are NOT stop bidding and hope to get the card for free at Round 6. If you stop listing your cards after your second Stop, I'll assume you Stop Bidding at that point. But the only two times you should stop listing your cards is either after you've listed all or after you've played your second Stop.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
train stops the bidding in the second round at 4 gems. The cards played at that point are:

Since Oversoul didn't play a Strike but tied with a Stop, we look at cards previously played:

Oversoul: Pass
train: Strike

Oversoul played the "most" Passes so he wins it!

Round 11:

Current turn: train: 1 income

Player(Total Points)/Gems/Resources (color-points-income-value)

Oversoul (50): 3/Lean-To (tan-20-2-2), Bugs & Slugs (green-30-1-3)
Ransac (100): 8/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2), Picture of your SO (purple-10-2-1), Gallon of Milk (red-40-1-4), Mai Tai (red-30-1-3)
train (40): 3/Teepee (tan-40-1-4)
turgy22 (110): 2/Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5), Bottle of Wine (red-10-2-1)

You're bidding on another mystery item!

PM your bid by Thursday, 7/20 by 7:00 AM EST. If everyone gets their bids in sooner, then I can start the next round sooner.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone got in their bids the same day!

train stops the bidding in the first round at 5 gems. The cards played at that point are:

turgy22: Stop

No one played a Strike so train and turgy22 will have to go to a tie-breaker. In addition, both are short of the necessary 5 gems needed to pay for it. train sells his Teepee to get 4 gems back but turgy22 needs to tell me what he's selling to get 3 additional gems.

Round 11a:

Current turn: train: 1 income

Ransac (100): 8/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2), Picture of your SO (purple-10-2-1), Gallon of Milk (red-40-1-4), Mai Tai (red-30-1-3)
train (40): 2/none
turgy22 (110): 2/Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5), Bottle of Wine (red-10-2-1)

Sold Resources: Teepee (tan-40-1-4), turgy22 item

Only train and turgy22 can re-bid on the item.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, bids are in.

turgy22 sold his Driftwood to help pay for Round 11.

train stops the bidding in the second round at 4 gems. The cards played at that point are:

No one played a Strike and only train played a Stop so he gets it!Since he's short and has nothing to sell, he'll just get it for 2 gems.

And "it" turns out to be a food item - Beef Jerky (green, 10 points, 2 income, value 1)

Round 12:

Current turn: turgy22: 2 income

train (10): 0/Beef Jerky (green-10-2-1)
turgy22 (60): 4/Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Bottle of Wine (red-10-2-1)

Sold Resources: Teepee (tan-40-1-4), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5)

Before we start, turgy22 needs to tell me if he'd like one of the sold items up for bid or a new item from the deck.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, the new item up for bid is: A cellphone (purple, 30 points, income 1, value 3)

PM your bids by Thursday, 7/27 by 7:00 AM EST. If everyone gets them in early, we can start the next round.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, bids are in.

train stops the bidding in the first round at 5 gems. The cards played at that point are:

No one played a Strike and normally since train played the only Stop he'd get it, but even after selling his current item, he wouldn't have enough. So I'm going on to the next Stop bid card, which is Ransac in the fourth round at 2 gems. The cards played then are:

Ransac: Stop (bidding)
turgy22: Strike

turgy22 played the only Strike, so he gets it.

Round 13:

Current turn: Oversoul: 3 income

Oversoul (50): 6/Lean-To (tan-20-2-2), Bugs & Slugs (green-30-1-3)
train (10): 0/Beef Jerky (green-10-2-1)
turgy22 (90): 2/Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Bottle of Wine (red-10-2-1), cellphone (purple-30-1-3)

Sold Resources: Teepee (tan-40-1-4), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5)

Before we start, Oversoul needs to tell me if he'd like one of the sold items up for bid or a new item from the deck.

T

train

(so unless we get to the 3 or fourth round on something, I can't afford it yet, right?)