ShipWrecked! Round 22 Results and Winner!

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Jun 5, 2006.

1. train The Wildcard!!!...

How about the "donate it to train" item?...
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Since Oversoul either didn't check here or didn't understand what I meant, I will randomly choose a sold item to be back up for bid. But in the future guys, if you pick a sold item, tell me which one!

You're re-bidding for a Piece of Driftwood (purple, 50 points, 0 income, value 5). PM your bids by Monday, 8/14 by 7:00 AM EST but if you get them in sooner, we can post the next round!
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

In a surprise move, train does NOT stop bidding in the first round. Instead, both Ransac and turgy22 Stop the bidding in the second round at 4 gems. The cards played at that point are:

Oversoul: Stop
    Ransac: Stop (bidding)
    train: Stop
    turgy22: Stop (bidding)

No one played a Strike and everyone played a Stop, so we look at the first round to see if someone played a Pass card:

Oversoul: Strike
    Ransac: Strike
    train: Strike
    turgy22: Strike

No one played a Strike and train can't raise enough even if he sells his Beef Jerky, so it's a three way tie between the others! Good luck guys! You need to re-bid:

Round 17a:

Current turn: Oversoul: 4 income

Player(Total Points)/Gems/Resources (color-points-income-value)

Oversoul (80): 1/Lean-To (tan-20-2-2), Bugs & Slugs (green-30-1-3), Grass Hut (tan-30-1-3)
    Ransac (120): 4/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2), Picture of your SO (purple-10-2-1), Gallon of Milk (red-40-1-4), Mai Tai (red-30-1-3), Beer (red-20-2-2)
    train (10): 10/Beef Jerky (green-10-2-1)
    turgy22 (90): 2/Bottle of Wine (red-10-2-1), cellphone (purple-30-1-3), Steak (green-40-1-4), Tent (tan-10-2-1)

Sold Resources: Teepee (tan-40-1-4), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5), Jug of Water (red-50-0-5)

PM your bids by Thursday, 8/17 by 7:00 AM EDT.
  4. train The Wildcard!!!...

That was totally cool...

:cool:

:D
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ransac Stops the bidding in the third round at 3 gems. The cards played at that point are:

Oversoul: Strike
    Ransac: Stop (bidding)
    turgy22: Pass

Oversoul played the only Strike so he gets it. However, he has to say which resources he's selling to pay for it (It's gotta be the Lean-To and one of the others)

Round 18:

Current turn: Ransac: 8 income

Oversoul (?): 0/Bugs & Slugs (green-30-1-3), Grass Hut (tan-30-1-3), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5)
    Ransac (120): 12/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2), Picture of your SO (purple-10-2-1), Gallon of Milk (red-40-1-4), Mai Tai (red-30-1-3), Beer (red-20-2-2)
    train (10): 10/Beef Jerky (green-10-2-1)
    turgy22 (90): 2/Bottle of Wine (red-10-2-1), cellphone (purple-30-1-3), Steak (green-40-1-4), Tent (tan-10-2-1)

Sold Resources: Teepee (tan-40-1-4), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5), Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Lean-To (tan-20-2-2), <another of Oversoul's items>

Ransac, you need to let me know if you want a new item to bid or a sold one. If it's the latter, which particular one you want (you can wait to see what Oversoul's second item is if you want).
  6. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I shall wait and see.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  7. Oversoul The Tentacled One

So I automatically lose one of my tan items, which I probably need to have some chance of winning? That's lame and it doesn't seem to matter what else I give up, the driftwood isn't going to be good enough to make up for it. I'll sell the bugs and slugs, I guess.
  8. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Old item, please.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Oversoul: I'm sorry, I didn't see your Driftwood. I thought you had to sell your Lean-To to make 4 gems. So forgive my presumption: you can choose whatever items to sell to make four gems out of all of your items (including the Lean-To).

Ransac: You have to actually pick which one of the old items you want.
  10. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I think you were right before, though. I didn't have the driftwood, as that was what I was paying for with the 4 gems...

But if I'm missing something and can keep the lean-to, I will.
  11. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I shall wait until the Oversoul situation is finished.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Man, I hate getting confused... ;)

Okay, yes, you were bidding on the Driftwood so that's not available. So you do need to sell the Lean-To and one other item.
  13. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Bugs and slugs, then.

Well, I guess that makes this game a race between Ransac and Turgy, unless Train or I pull off something weird...
  14. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I shall request the bugs and slugs.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Bugs & Slugs (green, 30 points, income 1, value 3) it is! Here's a reminder of what the board looks like:

Round 18:

Current turn: Ransac: 8 income

Oversoul (80): 0/Grass Hut (tan-30-1-3), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5)
    Ransac (120): 12/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2), Picture of your SO (purple-10-2-1), Gallon of Milk (red-40-1-4), Mai Tai (red-30-1-3), Beer (red-20-2-2)
    train (10): 1/Beef Jerky (green-10-2-1)

Sold Resources: Teepee (tan-40-1-4), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5), Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Lean-To (tan-20-2-2)

PM your bids by Monday, 8/21 by 7:00 AM EDT.
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Well, once again mostly everyone is thinking alike and everyone except turgy22 Stops bidding in the fourth round. turgy22 played a Stop also that round so we look back at the cards played to that point:

Oversoul: Stop, Pass, Strike, Stop (bidding)
    Ransac: Pass, Pass, Strike, Stop (bidding)
    train: Pass, Pass, Strike, Stop (bidding)
    turgy22: Pass, Pass, Pass, Stop

turgy22 played the most Passes so he gets it for 2 gems!

Round 19:

Current turn: train: 2 income

Oversoul (80): 0/Grass Hut (tan-30-1-3), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5)
    train (10): 3/Beef Jerky (green-10-2-1)
    turgy22 (120): 0/Bottle of Wine (red-10-2-1), cellphone (purple-30-1-3), Steak (green-40-1-4), Tent (tan-10-2-1), Bugs & Slugs (green-30-1-3)

Sold Resources: Teepee (tan-40-1-4), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5), Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Lean-To (tan-20-2-2)

train picks whether he wants a new resource OR A SPECIFIC SOLD RESOURCE.
  17. train The Wildcard!!!...

I have to go with the Jug o water...
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

All right, Jug of Water (red, 50 points, 0 income, value 5) is back up for grabs! Only Ransac has put in his bid so far...

PM your bids by Thursday, 8/24 by 7:00 AM EDT.
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Both Oversoul and train Stop bidding in the first round at 5 gems. Looking at the cards played in that round:

Oversoul: Stop (bidding)
    Ransac: Pass
    train: Stop (bidding)
    turgy22: Pass

No one played a Strike so it appears to be a tie. However, train can't sell enough to pay for the bid so Oversoul gets it (after selling his Piece of Driftwood to pay for it)

Round 20:

Current turn: turgy22: 7 income

Oversoul (80): 0/Grass Hut (tan-30-1-3), Jug of Water (red-50-0-5)
    train (10): 3/Beef Jerky (green-10-2-1)
    turgy22 (120): 7/Bottle of Wine (red-10-2-1), cellphone (purple-30-1-3), Steak (green-40-1-4), Tent (tan-10-2-1), Bugs & Slugs (green-30-1-3)

Sold Resources: Teepee (tan-40-1-4), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5), Lean-To (tan-20-2-2)

turgy22 picks whether he wants a new resource OR A SPECIFIC SOLD RESOURCE.
  20. turgy22 Nothing Special

Sorry, didn't see that this had been posted yesterday.

Give me teepee FTW.