ShipWrecked! Round 22 Results and Winner!

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Here are the rules

If you want to see how a couple games played out, do a search on "ShipWrecked" in this forum and the General Games forum (because it started there before this forum was created).

Apparently it's only good for four people though, so we can try it with the first four to sign up and/or do a game where lots of people can play (which means Balderdash or WWYT again).
  2. Ransac CPA Trash Man

What the hey..... It seems confusing, but I'll give it a shot.
    Doing another game as well may be a good idea..... maybe not. I dunno

Ransac, cpa trash man
  3. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I have no idea what I just read, but I'll figure it out. I'm in.
  4. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'll play...

Though I'll need to read it over again...
  5. Limited Yes, but we won't care

seems like a fun game, but I'll sit this one out.. need more time for my studies ;)

(of course, if you can't find a fourth player, which I don't, let me know)
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

So we need one more...

Did you guys do a search? If not, here's an example of what happened the first round...
  7. turgy22 Nothing Special

I still don't think I completely understand, but what the hell. I'm game.
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Okay, that's four... I gotta get the resource up...
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Here we go...

Current Turn: Oversoul (0 income)

Player/Gems/Resources (in turn order)

Oversoul: 15/none
    Ransac: 15/none
    train: 15/none
    turgy22: 15/none

Sold Resources: none

This turn, you will be bidding for a Volleyball (purple, 20 points, income 2, value 2)

Just a quick recap. You have 6 cards: Pass, Pass, Pass, Stop, Stop, and Strike. You need to PM me with the order you wish to play these cards up to the 'Stop' card when you want to stop the bidding (you don't have to stop the bidding after the first Stop card - see below). You can only stop the bidding with a Stop card. However, you want to play the Strike card at the time you think someone else might stop the bidding and you want to get in on it. The round the bidding stops determines the cost.

Here's and example. Say I get the following submissions:
    Gerode: Pass, Pass, Strike, Stop (stop bidding)
    rkoelsch: Stop, Strike, Pass, Pass, Stop (stop bidding)
    Spiderman: Pass, Stop (stop bidding)
    Jigglypuff: Strike, Pass, Stop (stop bidding)

In this case, there was a stop card played first round, but no one stopped the bidding. Spiderman stopped the bidding on the second round. Since rkoelsch played Strike that round, he would get the card at a cost of 4 gems. If rkoelsch had instead played Pass that round, Spiderman would have gotten it for 4 gems. His stop was effectively stolen by the Strike card. Remember, just because you play a stop card doesn't mean you have to stop the bidding.

If you have a question, either PM me or ask. PM me your "bids" (for all 6 "rounds" or until you stop the bidding) by Thursday, June 8 by 7:00 AM EST. If I get all bids back sooner, I'll start the next round.
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

turgy22 stopped the bidding at Round 3 (3 gems). The cards played at that point are:

Oversoul: Pass
    Ransac: Strike
    train: Stop
    turgy22: Stop

Since Ransac was the only one to play a Strike, he gets the Volleyball. And since his turn is next, the income applies immediately so he effectively got it for 1 gem.

Round 2:

Current Turn: Ransac (2 income)

Player/Gems/Resources (color-points-income-value)

Ransac: 14/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2)
    turgy22: 15/none

You're bidding on a Jug of Water (red, 50 points, 0 income, value 5).

PM your bid by Monday, 6/12 by 7:00 AM EST. But if all bids get in today, I can post the next round...
  11. turgy22 Nothing Special

Question: Shouldn't Ransac's income be 2? Or is that only applied to his next turn?
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You're right, he gets the 2 income now. Updated above...
  13. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I have NO idea whats going on, but I'm just going bid those "Pass, Stop, Strike" thingys as best I can.

Question: What's the point of continuing bidding past bidding a Stop, and with that in mind, why are there TWO stop cards?

Ransac, cpa trash man
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Heh, that very question came up in the last game. Here's the answer:

Basically, there isn't a point past bidding when you "stop bidding". So if you want to play a Stop on the first round AND Stop Bidding, then you don't have to give me the the five cards.

But the reason for 2 Stops is that you don't have to Stop bidding after the first Stop. However, if you think someone ELSE will stop bidding at a certain round and you think no one else will play a Strike (or two people will play a Strike to nullify each other), then you can play your first Stop to prevent the player who did Stop the bidding to get the resource.

In other words, if in round 2, the cards were Stop, Pass, Stop, Pass, and you were the first Stop (but didn't stop bidding) and train was the other stop (and did stop the bidding), since no one played a Strike, normally train would normally get the card. But since you played a Stop, we'd check Round 1 to see who played the most Passes.

Does that answer your question? :)
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I never received Oversoul's cards for this round.

Ransac stopped the bidding at Round 3 (3 gems). The cards played at that point are:

Oversoul: <no card>
    Ransac: Stop
    train: Pass
    turgy22: Strike

Since turgy22 was the only one to play a Strike, he gets the Jug of Water

Round 3:

Current Turn: train (0 income)

Player/Gems/Resources (color-points-income-value)

Ransac: 12/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2)
    turgy22: 12/Jug of Water (red-50-0-5)

You're bidding on a Piece of Driftwood (purple, 50 points, 0 income, value 5).

PM your bid by Thursday, 6/15 by 7:00 AM EST. If everyone gets their bid in earlier, I can post the round earlier.
  16. turgy22 Nothing Special

Question: If bidding stopped at 3 gems, then shouldn't I be at 12?
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Doh! Yes, I'll edit it... sorry...
  18. turgy22 Nothing Special

Okay, another question: How does a piece of driftwood satisfy companionship?
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You can cuddle with it (or carve it if you had a knife) :)

Seriously, I'm just kinda making this up... I think EricBess had the actual cards when he ran it, but I'm just going by the seat of my pants...
  20. EricBess Active Member

At some point, I'll dig up the cards and provide Spidey with the actual list...I just never seem to think of it when I'm in a position to do anything about it.