ShipWrecked! Round 22 Results and Winner!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No biggie... I don't think we ran more than 10 cards in the previous games, so I can think of the categories :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This time I never received train's cards for this round.

Oversoul stopped the bidding at Round 3 (3 gems). The cards played at that point are:

Oversoul: Stop
Ransac: Pass
train: <no card>
turgy22: Strike

Once again, turgy22 was the only one to play a Strike, so he gets the Piece of Driftwood. One more 50 pointer and he wins!

Round 4:

Current Turn: turgy22 (0 income)

Player/Gems/Resources (color-points-income-value)

Oversoul: 15/none
Ransac: 12/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2)
train: 15/none
turgy22: 9/Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5)

Sold Resources: none

You're bidding on a Picture of your SO (purple, 10 points, 2 income, value 1).

PM your bid by Monday, 6/19 by 7:00 AM EST. If everyone gets their bid in earlier, I can post the round earlier.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ransac stopped the bidding at Round 4 (2 gems). The cards played at that point are:

Oversoul: Stop
Ransac: Stop
train: Stop
turgy22: Pass

No one played a Strike card, so normally the person who played the Stop card would win. But three people played Stop cards, so whoever played the most Pass cards in the preceding rounds wins. So the cards played before Round 4 are:

Oversoul: Pass, Pass, Stop
Ransac: Pass, Pass, Strike
train: Pass, Strike, Stop
turgy22: Pass, Pass, Stop

So Oversoul, Ransac, and turgy22 all played two Passes before Round 4. Thus we have a "Bidlock" - those players pay 2 gems each as if they had won the resource, but need to re-bid on it. train's out of this one.

Round 4a:

Oversoul: 13/none
Ransac: 10/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2)
turgy22: 7/Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5)

You're bidding on a Picture of your SO (purple, 10 points, 2 income, value 1).

PM your bid by Thursday, 6/22 by 7:00 AM EST. If everyone gets their bid in earlier, I can post the round earlier.

A reminder: You don't have to stop the Bidding even though you've played a second Stop. If no one stops the bidding by Round 6 and everyone plays a Pass, the card is thrown out. So be sure to say if and when you're Stop Bidding. If you just list your six cards, I'll assume you are NOT stop bidding and hope to get the card for free at Round 6. If you stop listing your cards after your second Stop, I'll assume you Stop Bidding at that point. But the only two times you should stop listing your cards is either after you've listed all or after you've played your second Stop.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The three of you are re-bidding for the Picture of the SO - you have your six cards which you can play in any order - it's like Round 5, only it's just you three and you're bidding for the same thing as last round.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ugh. I didn't even want the stupid picture. What's the best bidding strategy to complete avoid winning an item?

R

rokapoke

Since turgy passed on round 4, doesn't that mean that only Oversoul and Ransac are doing the rebid?

turgy22

Nothing Special
rokapoke said:
Since turgy passed on round 4, doesn't that mean that only Oversoul and Ransac are doing the rebid?
Good point. Nice to know someone's paying attention. Give me back my gems!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As I understand it, no.

This is kinda like a strategy game. You play a Strike when you think someone is going to Stop the bidding and no one else will play a Strike (or if you do, you want to be the one who played the most Passes in the round before). You play a Stop (bidding) in hopes that no one plays a Strike that round and no one else plays a Stop (else you go to the finding out who played the most Passes in the preceding Rounds). If you don't want the card, you have to figure out how to play your cards so you don't end up with it AND so you didn't play the most Passes if there's a tie on the Stop bidding round.

So even though turgy22 played a Pass on that Stop bidding round, he got "caught up" in the tie-breaker when the other three players played Stops. And since he played two Passes in the preceding Rounds and tied Oversoul and Ransac when determining the tie-breaker, he needs to re-bid.

So I'm just waiting on your bid, turgy22... the others have theirs in.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm pretty sure, looking at a previous game, that I should never have been in the running for the tiebreaker and my previous cards shouldn't have been revealed.

Refer to this thread where a similar situation happened, everyone played a stop except Gerode, who was immediately excluded from the tiebreaker.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I stand corrected. Thanks for searching all of those past threads/Game Rounds for me :)

Okay, so it's only Oversoul and Ransac in the bidlock.

Ransac stopped the bidding in the first round and Oversoul played a Pass, so Ransac gets it for 5 gems!

Round 5:

Current turn: Oversoul: no income

Ransac: 5/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2), Picture of your SO (purple-10-2-1)
turgy22: 9/Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5)

You're bidding on a Bottle of Wine (red, 10 points, 2 income, value 1).

PM your bid by Thursday, 6/22 by 7:00 AM EST. If everyone gets their bid in earlier, I can post the round earlier.

A reminder: You don't have to stop the Bidding even though you've played a second Stop. If no one stops the bidding by Round 6 and everyone plays a Pass, the card is thrown out. So be sure to say if and when you're Stop Bidding. If you just list your six cards, I'll assume you are NOT stop bidding and hope to get the card for free at Round 6. If you stop listing your cards after your second Stop, I'll assume you Stop Bidding at that point. But the only two times you should stop listing your cards is either after you've listed all or after you've played your second Stop.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
train stops the bidding in the first round at 5 gems. Everyone's cards were:

Oversoul: Pass
Ransac: Pass
train: Stop (bidding)
turgy22: Stop

No one played a Strike and train and turgy22 both played Stops, so we have a Bidlock again. They both pay 5 gems and need to re-bid:

Round 5a:

Current turn: Oversoul: no income

Ransac: 5/Volleyball (purple-20-2-2), Picture of your SO (purple-10-2-1)
train: 10/none
turgy22: 4/Jug of Water (red-50-0-5), Piece of Driftwood (purple-50-0-5)

You're bidding on a Bottle of Wine (red, 10 points, 2 income, value 1).

PM your bid by Friday, 6/23 by 7:00 AM EST. If you two get your bids in earlier, then I can start the next round before I leave.