RPG...Chapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Good one, Morgoth. I was wondering what he was trying to say there...;)

"I think that there's no real need for a trap on the door just yet though, since we'll probably be searching for the creature's lair(s) while it's still light out. But it would very much come in handy later on, methinks, if we are forced to spend the night here, so it is a good idea."

I go back to my examination of the body with Morgoth and Niril...

R

Rando

To all players -
Simon and Nathan stand dazed, down-right god-smacked at the altercation that just took place.

"I...I think I'm going to be going now." says Simon, who quickly turns and starts off towards the side gate."

"Aye, me too...me too" agrees Nathan, who then follows him.

You all then hear a groan, and look over to the side of the street to see quiet little Roderick, your traveling companion who's idea it was to come here in the first place, layed out on the ground. He stirs and sits up, clutching his arm. "That thing bit me, I think." He lifts his sleave to reveal a nasty torn section of flesh that has already swolen and started to fester. "It moved so fast, I didn't even know to defend myself."

To those examning the body of the "thing" -
You pick through the black cloak to reveal a human sized body wraped from head to toe in filthy strips of cloth. It apears much like a mummy, and even it's face is completely covered, leaving no room for eye or mouth holes. The only parts of it's body that are not covered are it's hooked claws that poke out of the bandages covering it's fingers.

To Galdan -
An old woman comes up from out the safe house. "Master! MAster! The seer has had a vision. I think you should come and hear him..."

R

rkoelsch

"We have too little information. Galdan, do you think it is safe to take Roderick down into the haven? I think Niril, Tyresius and I should stay above and unwrap the creature. We will only do this after everyone is in the Haven. Galden, I will use this knock to signify it is us."

demonstrate a tapping code

M

MrXarvox

**How'd it bite Roderick if it has no mouth-hole in the bandages?**

"Careful! Might be toxic, given the bite it gave to our buddy here,"
says Pally to the group examining the corpse. "I'd say if you're going to open it up, do it after making yourself immune to poisons and suchlike."

Pally then turns to Roderick.

"Damn. That's a hell of a wound. Lemme see that."

Pally examines the wound closely, making sure not to touch it.

"That's infected somethin' nasty, and this quickly too.. I'm gonna try to heal it. Someone get me some liquor!"

When one of the townsfolk has brought him a flask, Pally begins to mumble. A bluish, luminous, liquid-looking tendril emerges from Pally's monocle, and begins to probe into the wound...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

To Morgoth and Tyresius
"I could attempt to raise this thing from the dead, and command it to go back to its lair. Then we would know where to strike."

*Niril takes out his dagger, leans down, ready to cut at the bandages on the creatures face once the others are inside.

E

EricBess

To Morgoth - "Roderick? Yes, I think we should keep him under close observation. Someone of some skill should be watching him at all times. Everyone wounded ends up disappearing and we might be able to discover why. We have some herbs below. Hopefully we can nurse him back to health"

To Niril - "That thing was fast and of questionable intelligence. If it is strictly a creature of instinct, you may not be able to control it. I would advise leaving it dead."

To all - "I must go. The seer's visions are often of immediate import. Once we are all in the cellar, I will fill you in on what I know."

To Morgoth - "Don't forget the stick. Use the stick with one notch in the second hole from the wall so I will know it is you."

With that, I follow the old woman, instructing any who follow to close to do so know as the doorway will be closed and bolted once we are down.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing how everything seems to be under control here, I follow Galdan down to hear the seer (before he shuts the door and everything).

B

BigBlue

Vertioch quetly joins the portion going below to listen to the seer. "Don't stay out here too long."

Before he goes below he has scout return to him for his well deserved rest. He pets the bird and scratches it's beak.

**What did scout see? Where did they go as they headed in towards the center of town?**

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

**I assume everyone besides myself Morgoth and Tyresius have gone below**

"Galdan knows these things better than I, so if he suggests to leave it dead I shall abide by it."

*Niril cuts through the bandages on the creatures face, careful not to make contact with his skin

**what do I see when i cut away the rags Rando?"

R

Rando

To Niril -
When you cut away the rags onit's face, for a very short moment you see the face of a twisted and unnatural human. He's face seems to be contorted into a grimmace of pain and hate.

But, the moment the sunlight strikes the creatures skin, all of his flesh instantly disolves to ash, leaving you with only a pile of rags...

P

Prince RXI

*Hey! I'm still up there with you! Sorry, not much time on the CPA lately because of Summer School:(.*

Shivers.

A

Apollo

Halcyon goes back with Roderick, wanting to watch over him. Halcyon is rather certain (though he does not voice this) that Roderick will be dead shortly, and wants to stay by him.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"So they're human...or, at least, they were," I comment. "I wonder what's gotten into them to change them like this. Weird...:( "

Is there anything we can learn from examining the thing's cloak? Otherwise, we might as well join our companions down below.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"It must be like vampirism, a bite or scratch probably turns a normal person into these creatures...in which case there is probably an original creature that came here to Radafel..and turned all the "missing" people into the the army we just saw."

*Niril stops..looks at Tyresius and Morgoth

"We better find a way to cure Roderick fast"

M

MrXarvox

**er... I was attempting a cure spell on Roderick. What happened with that?**

A

Apollo

Upon hearing Niril's comment, Halcyon is sure to stay on his toes while watching over Roderick.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Just to keep the other half of the party in mind :) ***

I'm anxiously looking forward to seeing the rest of the "safe-house" and this "seer"...

R

Rando

**I'll need to know exactly who is going into the safe-house, and who is remaining outside.**

To all players entering the safe-house -
You are led through a series of halls and then down a flight of stairs. At the bottom of the stairs is a re-enforced door of iron and wood. There is a small sliding panel about eye height.

Galdan performs an intricate series of knocks, and then someone on the other side slides the panel open. Whispered words are exchanged before you hear the sound of sliding bolts and chains being taken away.

On the other side of the door is a single large room, filled with make-shift cots. There is a cooking pot stuck away in one corner, and with no ventilation it's fumes and smoke fills the room, burning the eyes of those not used to it.

A tall, young man with strong features and a worried expression approches the group, looks you all over, and then addresses Galdan.

"My Lord, the seer has had a very strange vission. He is in some kind of trance now, but with your knowlage of magics, perhaps you can gleen some information from him. To me, it is all some kind of helish giberish. Perhaps the new arivals could be of service here as well..."

Status
Not open for further replies.