RPG...Chapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rkoelsch

"Keep alert, I can't say if it was only one I saw. Unfortunately my weapon is not that discriminating, I don't want to injure our new friend"

Keep watch up the street.

M

MrXarvox

"Here's a little trick I used to show my more promising students!",
Pally announces as he touches his monocle. Both of Niril's skeletons' weapons begin to glow purple with magical frost.

"That oughta stop the bugger in his tracks!"

Pally then promptly topples over, but gets up and leans against a wall for support a few seconds later.

R

Rando

To All Players -
Galdan bursts in an explosian of flame, throwing the creature off and onto the ground, smouldering and charred.

The thing is quick though, and is back on his feet in the blink of an eye. It attacks the skeleton guardians as they near it, dispatching one with a single swipe of it's clawed hand. It moves like a whirlwind, a black blur on the street, and you can still not make out who or what it really is.

The black-robed beast turns to Morgoth and is about to leap, but the second skeleton slices it in half with a single blow of it's newly enchanted sword.

The two pieces plop to the cobblestone, bile filled intestins and green ichor oozing onto the street.

It is at this time that your attention is drawn to the crowd gathered on the rooftops across the street. There, perched like demonic crows, are dozens more of these things, thier filthy black cloaks billowing in the breaze. They stare, and then as one turn and leap away, bounding from roof to roof, going deeper into the city, towards it's center...

B

BigBlue

"How pleasant! So much for keeping them from reporting this location. How many more shelters like this are there in town? Is there any hope of recruiting more defenders from them? This looks like quite a formidable army. I'm glad we didn't separate."

Vertioch sits down, pulls out a blue leatherbound tome and starts flipping through it, hoping to find a magick worthy enough to defeat the demonic foe. He mutters, "Where's a good cleric when you need one," and goes back to his reading.

E

EricBess

"Well, now you've been introduced to 'them'

"They'll be back tonight. I should have been more vigilant. I was concentrating on the benefits of having support in fighting them and didn't even think that this would be easier for them to follow a group.

"You asked if they were mindless? They seem more instinctual than intelligent, but I guess we've just seen that it doesn't pay to let you guard down."

R

rkoelsch

"Methinks, we need to talk. This is not going to be a fight we can just wade into and hope for the best. We need some sort of a plan. Of course, I do my best planning over a pint. really don't think to well with a dry throat. Is there a tavern near?"

E

EricBess

"No tavern that I can ensure will be safe. We can go to the cellar. We should be safe there for another couple of hours and we have a store of ales and meads to quench your thirst. But we should plan quickly as there is much to do."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"How long ago did you say these things started appearing? Do you know of any reason why they might have come? Revenge from a disgruntled 'enemy', a tribe displace, etc?"

R

rkoelsch

"I'm not picky about where I drink. But before we put our heads together lets see if we can learn something from the corpse."

I kneel down to inspect the corpse paying attention not to contact any fluids and trying to only touch what looks like cloth.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*with a snap of his fingers, Niril unsummons the remaining skeleton

"I agree, a plan is definetly needed. Seeing as how this creature so easily dispatched my skeletal warrior...I'll need to use some higher level necromancy to help defeat our new foe."

E

EricBess

"When and where is an interesting story, but let's finish up here and get out of the open first"

A

Apollo

Halcyon pokes his head out of the pack, which he had been unable to free himself from while the excitement was going on. Seeing that everything is more or less settled, he climbs out, thinking that it would be better not to be confined while those things are roaming about.

"Galdan, do these things have long-distance means of attacking? You understand, that sort of information is rather important to me.

Also, just what are you capable of other than that Human Torch trick?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, that was slightly envigorating," I comment as I sheath my blade. "I wonder what in the nine hells these things are..."

I join Morgoth in checking over the corpse.

E

EricBess

To Halcyon - "To the best of my knowledge, you have nothing to worry about."

B

BigBlue

"Not being one for tactics, I'll sit back and listen."

What was Nathan and Simon's response to all this? When Scout Tracks the roof leaping enemy, where do they go? Scout will fly above for a while, to ensure we aren't ambushed.

"Would it be all right if I cast a protective magick on the door? To prevent unauthorized entry, or could another civilian try to use the entry? I would set an electrical trap, unless you think it might kill one of your townspeople trying to get or bring news."

"Perhaps if you, or the lady could tell as much as you know about the situation it would help us out. I'm curious if there are other conclaves like this one where we could recruit further troops if need be."

You'll note that for listening, Vertioch sure talks a lot. :)

R

rkoelsch

to Dorgath," Mages sometimes I think they talk just to make noise"

Is there anything we can glean from the corpse?
Was it human? now or in the past?
any weapons?

B

BigBlue

"Actually, it's because . . ." :eek:

Vertioch blushes and backs off, looking sheepish.

"I think I have a trap to set up."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Niril, upon hearing Morgoth's comment, grins and walks over to see the corpse of the beast himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.