RPG...Chapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrXarvox

**What is it with RXI and displaying his D&D stats in this game?**

"Things referred to as "they", eh? Scary. Next thing you know, we'll all be talkin' in hushed whispers whenever we use that pronoun." says Pally as he follows the group along behind Galdan. "So what are these "they", exactly? Tell us what you know. I'm sure that you could tell us about their nature without them attackin', seein' as you already told us of one great weakness of theirs."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath makes a mental note to keep a stash of Halycon's favorite food in his pack :D

"Ah, at last! Someone who might be able to shed some light on what's going on here. Lead on."

I bring up the rear again, keeping an eye out for ambushes from either the "monsters" or friends of this "councilman" :p

E

EricBess

Galdan leads the party a short distance to a residentual building that looks much like the rest in the area. The doors and windows are boarded up, but he proceeds the the side of the house where he pries a knot out of the wood and uses the resulting hole to pull a section of the wall out on makeshift hinges. The whole thing has been cleverly masked so that it's possible to tell that the "door" is there, but you're not likely to see it unless you are specifically looking for hit.

He hands the knot to the nearest follower with instructions to replace it when everyone is through.

Once inside, he picks up a stick from those lying around the floor and inserts it into a small hole in the floor. The then takes another stick and raps softly on a rug, which he rolls back to reveal a trap door leading down to a cellar.

Moment later, some muted sounds can be heard from below. Those with keen ears recognize the sounds of bolts being moved out of the way. The door is pushed open to reveal a woman that, while not particular attractive, is not painful to look on either.

She greets Galdan, then gazes suspiciously at the rest of the motley bunch.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Niril marvels at the "security"

"Had some free time on your hands, eh?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I look at the security precautions and admit they're pretty good... for humans ;)

"So what exactly is going on here?"

R

Rando

To Morgoth -
(because you were the last to post, I hearby proclaim you to be the last in line to enter the boarded-up building)

As you and your companions are making your way inside, you catch sight of a dark shape out of the corner of your eye. It seemed to dart out of an ally way and into the street. The smell of rot and decay is suddenly thicker, and your hear several raspy yet hidden voices somewhere behind you, but you can not make out what they say...

R

rkoelsch

"It appears we have been followed"

Once inside the doorway to the building turn around and take a defensive posture with iron bound cudgel at the ready.
"Please get into shelter as soon as possible, I prefer knowing what I am fighting before I actually engage it"

E

EricBess

Galdan let's loose with a single choice explicative. "I'm afraid Martina that we've been followed. This haven may not be safe much longer," he reaches into his robes and extracts two tattered bags filled with food and hands them to the woman, who he then instructs to prepare the bolts.

"Anyone who wants safty below, take it now." I then head to the doorway to see what is going on.

B

BigBlue

I'm wishing I had time to discuss what "they" are a bit before boldly going where I oughtn't.

I think we should make haste to expedite "them" from their information. In other words, it's time to kill them with extreme prejudice.

Let's just hope they aren't immune to electricity, eh' Pally?

I link up with Scout to see what he sees. How many are there, and what are they doing?

E

EricBess

"What 'they' are isn't exactly clear. They started showing up and people started disappearing. All I know is that I've never needed to assist in healing anyone that was wounded by one of them because everyone wounded by them ends up disappearing. Common sense would dictate that you not get wounded."

***ps. BB, I'm assuming that you were speaking. You didn't put things in quotes, so you might have been just commenting on your thought process, in which case, well, I probably wouldn't have said what I just said ;)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Niril turns around to face the doorway, and summons 2 skeletal warriors to rise just outside of the doorway.

"If they attack they'll have to go through the skeletons to get to us, so at least we get to see what they are before we have to fight them"

B

BigBlue

**EB, oops, I should follow that convention. guess now's the time to start.**

"Ahh. Thanks for the warning. Anything else we should know about? Do they have ranged attacks? Are they mindless? Have you noticed them to be afraid of anything (like fire, water, silver, etc)?"

"If someone will provide cover, including making a path, I'll provide spell support."

E

EricBess

"Mindless? Crap!!" Galdan rushes out the door, looking for any sign of them.

R

Rando

To Galdan -
As you rush out the door, dropping from the roof above comes a black draped figure. It lands on your back with suprising agility, rending at you with tooth and claw...

To all other players -
You see the red-robed mage rush out, and then is ambushed from above! The thing attacking him seems humanoid, but it's features are hidden beneath a thick black, hooded robe, and it's hands and forearms are covered in ragged wrappings. It screaches a in-human cry, and with lightning speed attacks Galdan...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Niril commands his Skeletons to attack the creature.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Action!

I spring into a flanking position next to Galdan with my weapon readied and provide cover for the spellcasters as appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.